What are you going to dress up as for Halloween?

Dancin'Days

I'll tell you what I am NOT going to dress up as.

The Joker. Ledger's version particularily. And I also think I may bombard any Jokers around town I see with something unpleasently hard or uncomfortably mushy.

I take it that is a very popular costume this year?

The Joker. Ledger's version particularily. And I also think I may bombard any Jokers around town I see with something unpleasently hard or uncomfortably mushy.

I'd suggest going as Batman and giving all the Jokers a hard time, but there'll probably be plenty of those around, too, in which case I vote for uncomfortably mushy.

If I was going to dress up, I'd want to be a cowgirl, but I don't think I'm going anywhere. Plus, I was looking for costumes on the Net just for fun, and all the ones I saw were either ridiculously hoochy (fine if you're a size 0, I guess, but not for me) or really lame. Like this one was supposed to be a "gunslinger" costume, but it pretty much made you look like a less shiny version of Trinity from The Matrix. Blah.

Probably don't plan on dressing up this time around, but I may change my mind.

Best costume I ever did was to get a wig and dress up as Keith Richards. Silver-streaked 1972 hair, tooth missing and the whole bit. Our band played a halloween party that night, afterwards some drunk girl kept calling me "Keith" the rest of the evening. :lol:

Haven't decorated the house yet but will in the next day or 2. I'll be taking the youngest 2 trick or treating; not sure what my oldest is doing. Youngest daughter is going as a hillbilly witch, our son has some crazy wig that he plans to wear with a black cape of some sort.

I'm kicking around a couple of ideas, if I dress up. I may go as a football referee, or a Harry Potter Hufflepuff, or get all decked out in my Hokie wear. Or I may just go as a soccer mom...

can someone please explain halloween to me?

i have no idea what its all about, but let me tell you, it's getting bigger and bigger here in oz every year.

is it connected to any religion?

help!

Pagan as far as I know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween

With the way search engines are nowadays I wouldn't care to research it much. I will tell you for centuries all traces of pagans were lost.

Pagans - The Collision With Christianity PBS

How would this rather unusual claim [of a resurrected Messiah] or message have fallen on the average pagan ear?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/sh...t/paganism.html

can someone please explain halloween to me?

i have no idea what its all about, but let me tell you, it's getting bigger and bigger here in oz every year.

is it connected to any religion?

help!

Mostly Pegan rituals while the Christians were trying to convert them all to Christianity and did not succeed, but did infact convert quite a a lot of them.

awhite-boy-mask.jpg

laugh.gif

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Best costume I ever did was to get a wig and dress up as Keith Richards. Silver-streaked 1972 hair, tooth missing and the whole bit.

Minus the wig,and the silver streaks,I have that now.....and it's my natural hair.

...and the tooth thing is only temporary.

If you're going to a party that's mostly people you know, I'd recommend something homemade and ridiculous. Friends should be able to laugh together, and it gets things started. Just make sure there's convenient access for liquid in and liquid out - it's a bitch finding out too late when you have to go, and can't unless you remove everything!

How come? Heath Ledger's Joker was the ultimate cool badass. :D I have heard that there will be a lot of kids going out as him this year.

My mum says I'm too old. I don't believe in being too old for Halloween.

I might be a Zeppelin groupie. Or a girl from Leave It to Beaver, just to be ironic, but I'm anything but.

When I was 3 I told my mum that's what I was going to be when I grew up, and she was quite upset.

My mum says I'm too old. I don't believe in being too old for Halloween.

I might be a Zeppelin groupie. Or a girl from Leave It to Beaver, just to be ironic, but I'm anything but.

When I was 3 I told my mum that's what I was going to be when I grew up, and she was quite upset.

I think you and my daughter are about the same age; she is on the fence about going out this year. She and her friend may dress up but stay at the house and hand out candy; but she hasn't said what she would dress up as.

Archived