Who would be a good Plant replacement?

There is one guy i would love to see Jimmy and JPJ play with and that would be Cormac Neeson of "The Answer". Classic rock style with great vocals,admired by Jimmy and one crazy cat on stage.

Regards

Cav

Cormac is a good singer, and he's exactly where he should be - in The Answer.

That's not to say that lesser projects with him wouldn't be interesting. Dunno, perhaps.

I agree with you all the way. That said this would be my choice to play with Page and JPJ even if as a side project for Cormac.

Cav

Hey everyone, haven't been on in a long time.

I haven't read any of the other posts in here, but I'm almost certain that there's a bunch of posts that read a lot like mine. Anyway...

Dude, I honestly don't think that anyone can replace Plant.

I used to think "I don't care if they leave one guy out, I wanna see Led Zeppelin!" but after O2 and all the other stuff, there's just not Zep without the guy. It really wouldn't be seeing Led Zeppelin.

Even though they won't play under the name, it's pretty clear what they're trying to make it. They might pen one or two new songs, but what's the bulk gonna be? Led Zeppelin... cuz that's what most of the people wanna hear I guess.

Personally, I don't think I'd pay to see Jimmy Page, JPJ, and Jason playing Led Zeppelin songs. I'd pay to see them play other music, and I'd pay to see them individually, but once they go out there sort of trying to be Zep.... there's no magic there, man. It's just 3 guys and a singer playing covers and making money.

Hey everyone, haven't been on in a long time.

I haven't read any of the other posts in here, but I'm almost certain that there's a bunch of posts that read a lot like mine. Anyway...

Dude, I honestly don't think that anyone can replace Plant.

I used to think "I don't care if they leave one guy out, I wanna see Led Zeppelin!" but after O2 and all the other stuff, there's just not Zep without the guy. It really wouldn't be seeing Led Zeppelin.

Even though they won't play under the name, it's pretty clear what they're trying to make it. They might pen one or two new songs, but what's the bulk gonna be? Led Zeppelin... cuz that's what most of the people wanna hear I guess.

Personally, I don't think I'd pay to see Jimmy Page, JPJ, and Jason playing Led Zeppelin songs. I'd pay to see them play other music, and I'd pay to see them individually, but once they go out there sort of trying to be Zep.... there's no magic there, man. It's just 3 guys and a singer playing covers and making money.

Well the original intent of the project with the three Js wasn't to replace Robert as the singer of Zep but to find a singer for a new group they wanted to form. Alas that isn't happening.

Edited by ninelives

Well the original intent of the project with the three Js wasn't to replace Robert as the singer of Zep but to find a singer for a new group they wanted to form. Alas that isn't happening.

So what is going on now? Are they actually billing themselves as Led Zeppelin? I guess what I heard was going on is kind of dated information.

There is only one man on the planet who could come close to subbing for Plant. He has the perfect voice to cover any Led Zep song:

David Coverdale

Remember the album Coverdale/Page? Coverdale can sound Exactly like Plant. He's the ONE!

lenny wolf of kingdom come has a voice simular to plants...

So what is going on now? Are they actually billing themselves as Led Zeppelin? I guess what I heard was going on is kind of dated information.

No. They were never billing themselves as Zep. That was a lot of the media twisting information to create a story. They were testing out various singers but the project has been totally scrapped so as of now, we don't know what Jimmy's plans are.

Jack Russell great white!!!!!!!!!!!! Has anybody heard the Great Zeppelin cd that will prove who has the best chance hands down.This is who you would pay to go see he is a huge zeppelin fan like all of us and can belt out the vocals too.If you don't believe me download some of the great zeppelin songs again i say JACK RUSSELL as lead can't go wrong!!!!

No. They were never billing themselves as Zep. That was a lot of the media twisting information to create a story. They were testing out various singers but the project has been totally scrapped so as of now, we don't know what Jimmy's plans are.

Thanks for the update.

I didn't think they were gonna bill themselves as Zep. And I'd heard that they were trying out some singers. I'm glad they scrapped it. I'll be happy if the 4 of them do it, but no less.

Jack Russell can sing the songs almost identical to Plant but not quite. So with that in mind its exactly what the remaining members do not want in a singer. A Robert Plant clone (JPJ quote)

Regards

Cav

Edited by Cav

15 pages and the penny still ain't dropped.

No one will be a 'good' Plant replacement because there isn't a friggin' project that requires a singer to replace him. Why is it so hard for some people to understand that?

There is nothing to replace.

I don't know why it's so difficult for people to grasp. Seems pretty simple to me <_<

15 pages and the penny still ain't dropped.

No one will be a 'good' Plant replacement because there isn't a friggin' project that requires a singer to replace him. Why is it so hard for some people to understand that?

There is nothing to replace.

Hell I'll drop a dime! :D

aDime-02-june.gif

(and before everybody and their Grammy misinterprets me and gets bent outta shape:

this is not a "replacement" suggestion. Repeat: it is not.

Just thought it was a funny coincidence that I was listening to this song when browsing this thread.)

P.S. haha truly priceless - when I was typing this little paragraph the next song started - The Animals - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood...

indeed! :D

Yes! Eric Burdon could replace

Sorry. :D

LOL I almost went to see him with Jack Bruce last July - we were in San Diego - but it would have messed our other plans...

You know, I'm so tired of all the sparkly-eyed "replacement suggestions" :blahblah: despite all the hints dropped that there's no replacement... so it's either :wall: or humor them. :whistling:

Speaking of replacement... I wish I could afford to go see Clapton & Winwood ... :veryhot:

LOL I almost went to see him with Jack Bruce last July - we were in San Diego - but it would have messed our other plans...

You know, I'm so tired of all the sparkly-eyed "replacement suggestions" :blahblah: despite all the hints dropped that there's no replacement... so it's either :wall: or humor them. :whistling:

Speaking of replacement... I wish I could afford to go see Clapton & Winwood ... :veryhot:

Humor sounds a lot less painful ;):D

I'm tired of it too, especially when they act as though after all these pages, they're suggesting someone they think hasn't been mentioned, despite the fact it has been.....MANY times :blink::slapface: