Who would be a good Plant replacement?

Hello guys, brand new to the forum. Im not very old but absolutely love Zeppelin and bands like them...such as Aerosmith, Stones, GNR and all that good stuff. :D Anyway, I know this has a 0% chance of actually happening and it wouldn't be the exact same, but how about Axl Rose as a fill-in?

His voice is some what similar, he's incredibly charasmatic, and he can play the part of a lead singer of an all time great band.

Axl Rose has his own band.

And a pretty gosh darn good one too!!!!!

But that's why I said a 0% chance of it happening <_< but if for some reason the new band breaks up or whatever, he would be free to do whatever.

Ah, we all know Axl too well. Even if the new band breaks up, he will have other musicians come into the band and keep the name GnR.

Ok. Led Zep without Plant......

A really good replacement???? NO ONE

A good replacement?............I don't remember the name. Do you know LETZ ZEP ??? The tribute band of LED ZEPPELIN? The singer has a really good voice; very similar to Plant's; and he looks like Plant in 70's.

Another option is.... David Coverdale; Plant don't like him. If Page says than Coverdale will be a member of Led Zeppelin, I'm sure that Plant will change, and he will be on the road with the band again.

Best regards from Spain

Excuse my English (I'm sure that is a 6 years old level)

dave

Ok. Led Zep without Plant......

A really good replacement???? NO ONE

A good replacement?............I don't remember the name. Do you know LETZ ZEP ??? The tribute band of LED ZEPPELIN? The singer has a really good voice; very similar to Plant's; and he looks like Plant in 70's.

Another option is.... David Coverdale; Plant don't like him. If Page says than Coverdale will be a member of Led Zeppelin, I'm sure that Plant will change, and he will be on the road with the band again.

Best regards from Spain

Excuse my English (I'm sure that is a 6 years old level)

dave

Not a hope in hell.

I can't believe people are seriously suggesting Coverdale or Axl Rose as replacements for Robert! :slapface: That strikes me as a complete misunderstanding of what Led Zeppelin was all about, and where the band came from, musically and just historically.

What little I ever liked in Guns 'n' Roses certainly wasn't Rose, but rather Slash. Steven Tyler would sound great with him, and that's hardly an accident - Aerosmith was a big influence. But that's American 1970's hard rock in any case, and Led Zeppelin was an English band formed in 1968.

I'll make a general statement here: Robert has never really been a hard rock singer at all. That's not how he was formed, nor is it something he has been particularly interested in, ever. Some people have tried to construe his singing as that, but that's basically an anachronism.

I'm reminded of something Jimmy said when Led Zeppelin III came out, and a lot of people were astonished because of the amount of acoustic stuff on it: "Where are their heads and ears?" :lol:

I can't believe people are seriously suggesting Coverdale or Axl Rose as replacements for Robert! :slapface: That strikes me as a complete misunderstanding of what Led Zeppelin was all about, and where the band came from, musically and just historically.

What little I ever liked in Guns 'n' Roses certainly wasn't Rose, but rather Slash. Steven Tyler would sound great with him, and that's hardly an accident - Aerosmith was a big influence. But that's American 1970's hard rock in any case, and Led Zeppelin was an English band formed in 1968.

I'll make a general statement here: Robert has never really been a hard rock singer at all. That's not how he was formed, nor is it something he has been particularly interested in, ever. Some people have tried to construe his singing as that, but it's basically anachronistic.

:thumbsup:

Well said Otto!

I think Robert himself is not too fond of being "labelled" for one typus forever. He is such a wanderer and always moving on for something new.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread reads like classic rock hell. David Coverdale?? Steven Tyler??? rofl........

No, sorry...........no Robert Plant, no Zeppelin tour or anything else........

I can't believe this went on for twelve pages.

Regards;

To be honest, I can't even believe that the rest of the boys would consider doing anything without RP. It devalues Zeppelin imho. I'ld love for them to tour again because I haven't seen any real guise of Zeppelin myself - to young to get the privelage. I did see Plant/Page tho which was good, though not the same I reckon.

Is this tour def happening btw?

no robert plant = no led zeppelin

page scrapped the project with jason and john paul jones.

robert is recording the follow up to raising sand with alison in nashville, tn.

let's move on... they have :)

R B)

To be honest, I can't even believe that the rest of the boys would consider doing anything without RP. It devalues Zeppelin imho. I'ld love for them to tour again because I haven't seen any real guise of Zeppelin myself - to young to get the privelage. I did see Plant/Page tho which was good, though not the same I reckon.

Is this tour def happening btw?

MY OPINION ONLY:

Robert likes his solo career

Jimmy wants to play hard rocking Led Zeppelin songs

JPJ wants to play hard rock

The part that will make people mad:

Robert dips into the Led Zeppelin well to boost his solo prospects

The long term fans get their hopes up, then get their hopes dashed, and then many get angry at Robert

More opining:

I get very angry at Robert, but also agree with his rationale, and the rationale of those who believe that LZ died in 1980.

However, I never got to see LZ, and would be thrilled to see a modern facscimile.

Many of us:

Never got to see the Beatles, but enjoy watching Paul or Ringo sing the old songs.

Never saw the original Stones, but can now watch a legendary band put on a great show.

Never saw the Who with Keith Moon but now can watch the Two put on a great show.

Saw the Kinks and wish they would come back.

I saw Page/Plant. That may be the closest that many of us, including myself, ever get.

The part that will make people mad:

Robert dips into the Led Zeppelin well to boost his solo prospects

The long term fans get their hopes up, then get their hopes dashed, and then many get angry at Robert

People are mad at him playing Zeppelin songs, people are mad at him not playing Zeppelin songs.

:rolleyes:

People are mad at him playing Zeppelin songs, people are mad at him not playing Zeppelin songs.

:rolleyes:

I think Robert is in an extremely difficult position. I apologize to him and his fans for all of the angry thoughts I have had over the years. I think Robert is a true rock talent of legendary proportions.

I think Robert is in an extremely difficult position. I apologize to him and his fans for all of the angry thoughts I have had over the years. I think Robert is a true rock talent of legendary proportions.

Look at the reviews from last year's Raising Sand tour by users on this forum, everybody expected him to play some Zeppelin songs and most of them were happy with him doing that. I think if he cut Zep songs totally out of his performance, a lot of fans would be disappointed.

Look at the reviews from last year's Raising Sand tour by users on this forum, everybody expected him to play some Zeppelin songs and most of them were happy with him doing that. I think if he cut Zep songs totally out of his performance, a lot of fans would be disappointed.

I agree.

Not to mention Zep is a part of Robert's career and history. A part that despite what some think, he's quite proud of. So it's only natural that he or any of the remaining members would include it in their live shows.

Not to mention Zep is a part of Robert's career and history. A part that despite what some think, he's quite proud of. So it's only natural that he or any of the remaining members would include it in their live shows.

Yes, I never get why people are mad at him playing Zep songs. Musicians play music which they love, and Robert do love those songs.

I agree. It's exciting when he does different versions of Zep tunes too (like the "Black Dog" with the African sounding beat on his last solo tour with the Strange Sensations). Probably the coolest thing though was seeing him do some Elvis covers at the Arthur Lee Love Fest in NYC (2006). People need to let Robert be Robert.

I agree. It's exciting when he does different versions of Zep tunes too (like the "Black Dog" with the African sounding beat on his last solo tour with the Strange Sensations). Probably the coolest thing though was seeing him do some Elvis covers at the Arthur Lee Love Fest in NYC (2006). People need to let Robert be Robert.

I love how he rearranged the Zep tunes as well. The Arthur Lee Show was amazing. Great set list and what a band they assembled. Plus seeing him and Ian Hunter on stage together was a real treat (also being an Ian fan) :D

And yes, people do need to let him be himself :D :D :D

Archived