Who would be a good Plant replacement?

I will fuckface.

My first option would be Plant I am a true fan.

But the others I named are best for the job.

For what job?

Replacement for Plant? There's no job like this.

Ok ok, of course you can have your wish. Just couldn't you be more careful with strong words?

There is no need to refer to people that way (you did this to Jahfin in another thread who was simply trying to help you).

I'd put money on the fact that he's probably around 13 years of age.

I'd put money on the fact that he's probably around 13 years of age.

34 and I am not taking crap from you punks.

He got smart.

I have my opinion he has his.

I am not wishing for anyone but Robert Plant.

But the others I named was great.

He was trying to be helpful and you've had unkind words to the general forum. There's really no need for it.

well there are certian way sto say things.

I was on subject when I said.

That the Robinson or Coverdale would work.

That was my opinion.

He came back with sarcasim.

Jimmy Page thought Robinson and Page was good enough.

• 3 weeks later...

A plea to JIMMY PAGE, JOHN PAUL JONES, & JASON BONHAM:

THERE ONCE WAS A GOLDEN GOD: THE HOUR OF THE DARK DEITY IS UPON US.

PLEASE go to www.americanidol.com, choose video/performances (skip the studio versions on iTunes). Watch the video of ADAM LAMBERT singing Born To Be Wild (yes, he DID hit that note on "never gonna DIE..."). Watch the show next week-rock week. IF (and only if) Robert Plant still chooses not to reunite with Led Zeppelin, I believe ADAM is the ONLY ONE who would be a worthy successor. When he soars on a high note, it feels spiritual, like the heavens are opening. He made me cry with a ballad (watch Mad World), spellbound with an exotic, erotic twist on a Cash classic (watch Ring of Fire), and scream at the top of my lungs through Born To Be Wild.

Save us Glamberts from the torment of seeing Adam in the bottom 2 again. Save us from the agony of sitting through a concert with all top 10 contestants, in order to see Adam live. Buy out Adam's contract with AI. Make them an offer they can't refuse. Ask Her Majesty to issue a royal decree. Whatever it takes. Adam should be singing with a kick ass rock band, and there is NO GREATER k.a.b. than Zep!

I used to think Zeppelin without Robert would be a crime. An even greater crime would be if edgy Adam Lambert disappears, and he becomes a David Foster-ized male Celine Dion, or releases top 40 commercial dreck. Robert Plant has blazed a unique path for 40 years, and will continue to shine brilliantly at whatever he chooses. Adam Lambert deserves the chance to show his brilliance as well, and others agree he’s the only choice to sing with Zep, besides Robert (I reserve the right to keep Robert my #1, or keep them both on the same pedestal:).

Thank you.

A couple things I want to add to my post:

1. I am not saying Led Zep SHOULD reform without Robert. My comments were based on if Jimmy, John & Jason are going ahead, even if Robert says no. I also think they should come up with a new name-Airship the 2nd, or something. What I REALLY want ROBERT to do is work with SONNY LANDRETH. That would be a total EARGASM for me! My 2nd choice for Robert would be working w/Strange Sensation again. Of all the albums Robert's done, including Zep, the 2 he did with them (Dreamland & Mighty Rearranger) are my favorite. Then the 2 he did with Jimmy in the 90's, and Fate of Nations.

2. Words to describe Adam's singing: sublime, ecstatic. Ring of Fire is a great example.

The iTunes version of that is pretty good. For the others, skip the iTunes "studio" versions & watch the videos of his live performances. The studio versions are completely different &/or horrible arrangements: even the vocals are different.

A plea to JIMMY PAGE, JOHN PAUL JONES, & JASON BONHAM:

THERE ONCE WAS A GOLDEN GOD: THE HOUR OF THE DARK DEITY IS UPON US.

PLEASE go to www.americanidol.com, choose video/performances (skip the studio versions on iTunes). Watch the video of ADAM LAMBERT singing Born To Be Wild (yes, he DID hit that note on "never gonna DIE..."). Watch the show next week-rock week. IF (and only if) Robert Plant still chooses not to reunite with Led Zeppelin, I believe ADAM is the ONLY ONE who would be a worthy successor. When he soars on a high note, it feels spiritual, like the heavens are opening. He made me cry with a ballad (watch Mad World), spellbound with an exotic, erotic twist on a Cash classic (watch Ring of Fire), and scream at the top of my lungs through Born To Be Wild.

Save us Glamberts from the torment of seeing Adam in the bottom 2 again. Save us from the agony of sitting through a concert with all top 10 contestants, in order to see Adam live. Buy out Adam's contract with AI. Make them an offer they can't refuse. Ask Her Majesty to issue a royal decree. Whatever it takes. Adam should be singing with a kick ass rock band, and there is NO GREATER k.a.r.b. than Zep!

I used to think Zeppelin without Robert would be a crime. An even greater crime would be if edgy Adam Lambert disappears, and he becomes a David Foster-ized male Celine Dion, or releases top 40 commercial dreck. Robert Plant has blazed a unique path for 40 years, and will continue to shine brilliantly at whatever he chooses. Adam Lambert deserves the chance to show his brilliance as well, and others agree he’s the only choice to sing with Zep, besides Robert (I reserve the right to keep Robert my #1, or keep them both on the same pedestal:).

Thank you.

WHOLE LOTTA THANKS!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to whoever granted Adam permission to sing Whole Lotta Love on Idol tonight!!!!! It was a big surprise & awesome birthday present for me!

The only thing I didn't like is that Slash advised Adam not to improvise on it so much esp in his upper register. I disagree with that-based on Adam's previous performances, (esp Born to be Wild), his ability to improvise, and soar up to high notes, are strong points and they set him apart from the other contestants. So I think he could have done more w/WLL, if he hadn't taken that advice. The octave in B2BW ("never gonna DIIIIEEE") is incredible. I get goosebumps every time I hear it. And the improv at the end, on his knees.

I gotta go VOTE VOTE VOTE for Adam. (And if I hear Jimmy's bought out Adam's idol contract, I won't mind if he doesn't win:)

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Adam Lambert is teaming up with Sonny Landreth. They're gonna call it Lambreth.

Ha Ha-that was funny-you got me!:hysterical:

I'm still hoping for PLANdreTh. And if Zep reunites w/o Robert whether we like it or not,

DAM Zeppelin (Adam L). I'd rather Robert go back to Zep than keep working with Alison. :hysterical:

A couple things I want to add to my post:

1. I am not saying Led Zep SHOULD reform without Robert. My comments were based on if Jimmy, John & Jason are going ahead, even if Robert says no. I also think they should come up with a new name-Airship the 2nd, or something.

Archived