Centre of the universe

caroselambra~

Every place I could consider as home and nearly ever place between: my suburb, the city centre of my hometown, my bed, my grand parents' homes, the shores of denmark, the town of Hastings, England, Rome, even my school.

Most of the time, the place where I am is my favourite place in the world, and if not, I try to get away.

London, England or Vancouver, BC.

I'd love to live in either eventually. :)

You'd be welcome in Vancouver anytime Roxie. :)

As much as I love getting out of the city, there's really no other city I'd rather live in. Biased I know but, you get the best of both worlds here and it's all so close. I have however alway's wanted to go to New York. One day :)

CALIFORNIA! Polluted, overpopulated, earthquake-and-fire-ridden, ready to fall off into the ocean...

No, seriously. We've just done a mad dash there and then back to AZ, just for a gig (6 hour drive). In January, we're doing it again for another gig (8 hour drive). May as well just move there. I've been trying to do just that for 12+ years!

Not so much LA, but I LOVE San Francisco and San Diego.

CALIFORNIA! Polluted, overpopulated, earthquake-and-fire-ridden, ready to fall off into the ocean...

No, seriously. We've just done a mad dash there and then back to AZ, just for a gig (6 hour drive). In January, we're doing it again for another gig (8 hour drive). May as well just move there. I've been trying to do just that for 12+ years!

Not so much LA, but I LOVE San Francisco and San Diego.

San Francisco is one of my favorite US cities.

Hi all,

The true 'center' of your universe is two inches below the navel,that was what my Sensi,told me. :)

Where?

Any where I am.

Could be a place I get a tan,

Maybe a mountain.

I met a ram!

Could be Stan's.

Had a beer with the man.

Vikings!

and Spam. :rolleyes:

Thursday night is when I discovered 5 kittens and there injured mother,living between two fences where I live.Since I always carry cat food in me pockets,I feed them., I was about a meter away as they ate.Sitting on my arse,on the cold ground,watching them eat.Yep,that was the center and the most beautiful place on Earth,... ;)

Kevin.

Ireland, especially the west coast with the Cliffs of Moher, Ring of Kerry, The Burren and Dingle Peninsula. Such great scenery. I also like NewZealand, especially the south island in the Queenstown area.

A lot of Europe is great too and a few of my favorites include Paris, London, Bern and Seville. But I definitely like Italy most of all, especially the north with Venice and the small hilltowns of Umbria and Tuscany. Love the food and wine there. Another great area in northern Italy is the Ligurian Coastline and the Cinque Terre. Such an amazing area with great fish specialties. It's where anchovies and pesto originate from. It's breathtaking. The name translates to five villages and they are each nestled in the mountains along the coast. Hiking in these mountains from town to town is one of the best experiences of my life. Here is the town of Vernazza at night as seen from one of the mountain trails.

cinqueterre3000clem2.jpg

Ireland, especially the west coast with the Cliffs of Moher, Ring of Kerry, The Burren and Dingle Peninsula. Such great scenery. I also like NewZealand, especially the south island in the Queenstown area.

A lot of Europe is great too and a few of my favorites include Paris, London, Bern and Seville. But I definitely like Italy most of all, especially the north with Venice and the small hilltowns of Umbria and Tuscany. Love the food and wine there. Another great area in northern Italy is the Ligurian Coastline and the Cinque Terre. Such an amazing area with great fish specialties. It's where anchovies and pesto originate from. It's breathtaking. The name translates to five villages and they are each nestled in the mountains along the coast. Hiking in these mountains from town to town is one of the best experiences of my life. Here is the town of Vernazza at night as seen from one of the mountain trails.

cinqueterre3000clem2.jpg

Gosh, Vernazza is gorgeous :) Thank you for the picture.

San Francisco is one of my favorite US cities.

Yep. It's been a little while since we were last there but I'd go back in a heartbeat. I'd love to drive the coast again

Yep. It's been a little while since we were last there but I'd go back in a heartbeat. I'd love to drive the coast again

I never did that. When I was little, we went to Los Angeles and my aunt drove us up to San Fran to visit friends. Unfortunately she took the other route which was not nearly as scenic!

I never did that. When I was little, we went to Los Angeles and my aunt drove us up to San Fran to visit friends. Unfortunately she took the other route which was not nearly as scenic!

Yeah, I love the whole west coast from rainforest to palm tree's and everything in between. San Fran to LA is stunning ! I mean it's all beautiful but, that stretch is my favorite.

You'd be welcome in Vancouver anytime Roxie. :)

As much as I love getting out of the city, there's really no other city I'd rather live in. Biased I know but, you get the best of both worlds here and it's all so close.

Cheers Ally! :beer:

The last and only time I was there was about 10 years ago. I didn't want to leave when it was time to come home! Love everything about it. Different vibe from T.O definitely. I went to Seattle for a day and loved it there too.

Cheers Ally! :beer:

The last and only time I was there was about 10 years ago. I didn't want to leave when it was time to come home! Love everything about it. Different vibe from T.O definitely. I went to Seattle for a day and loved it there too.

Seattle is a great town. Have had many a good time down there :D . It's nice that the two cities are so close as I have some family and extended family living there. There's talk of putting in a bullet train to replace the Amtrak. That would avoid some line ups at the border and cut the travel time by about an hour. Long overdue B)

My favourite place to be is probably at my dad's house in my room. When I turn on the stereo I can feel the vibrations of the music through the floor. It's like nothing can touch me and all my problems just go away for the time being.

My room at my mom's house is very comforting too, it just lacks the added comfort of a stereo.

Archived