who was the last famous person you saw

caroselambra~

:hysterical:

kevin_james.jpg

rosie.jpg

Both celebrities; both butt-ugly

I didn't that all celebrities have both. You ttook it the wrong way. All celebrities have good looks and/or charisma. Something about their personality that the masses like. Average everyday people don't have that special thing. I would never be able to be a celebrity.

I didn't that all celebrities have both. You ttook it the wrong way. All celebrities have good looks and/or charisma. Something about their personality that the masses like. Average everyday people don't have that special thing. I would never be able to be a celebrity.

What charisma does Barry Bonds have? He's an asshole and everyone knows it, yet he's a celebrity.

And before yuo say anything, he's ugly too ;)

They're celebrities because they're in the entertainment industry, durr

Celebrities are different. They have charisma and good looks that the average person does not have. That's why they are celebrities.

Typical garbage. There's plenty of people I meet around that have both and are nowhere near famous.

This is why I hate celebrity worship culture. They, all of a sudden, become deities for, as someone mentioned, being in one industry.

For having this viewpoint, I'm in the wrong thread and the wrong site

Oh, and I never met a celebrity before.

What charisma does Barry Bonds have? He's an asshole and everyone knows it, yet he's a celebrity.

And before yuo say anything, he's ugly too ;)

They're celebrities because they're in the entertainment industry, durr

Yes but not everyone can get into the entertainment industry. There are people who audition everyday to get into and they never do because they don't have "IT".

Some people are celebrities because they have a highly valued and unique talent or ability.

Robert Plant is probably the last famous person who I have seen, along with Alison Krauss and so forth.

Yes, it's excellent to appreciate any talent of a person, such as loving his/her music, movies, etc.

It's another thing to be so obsessed with celebrities that we know their children's names, favorite underwear, plastic surgery procedures, etc.

Let other people be obsessed with that, I don't pay attention to any of it.

Celebrities are different. They have charisma and good looks that the average person does not have. That's why they are celebrities.

Yes and No...some 'celebrities' are very normal and down to earth. Sometimes I watch them work and think "What's the big deal?" There are some who have a 'presence' and charisma, but that is not something which is unique to a 'celebrity'.

I have worked with 'celebrities' who have as much personality as a cardboard box.

Yes, it's excellent to appreciate any talent of a person, such as loving his/her music, movies, etc.

It's another thing to be so obsessed with celebrities that we know their children's names, favorite underwear, plastic surgery procedures, etc.

EXCELLENT post. Couldn't have said it better myself. :D

Yes and No...some 'celebrities' are very normal and down to earth. Sometimes I watch them work and think "What's the big deal?" There are some who have a 'presence' and charisma, but that is not something which is unique to a 'celebrity'.

I have worked with 'celebrities' who have as much personality as a cardboard box.

I'm just curious. Which occupation do you have in which you have the opportunity to interact with all these celebrities?

EXCELLENT post. Couldn't have said it better myself. :D

Thank you very much.

Good point DBZ! Celebrity worship has gotten WAY out of hand over the last several years due to there being a zillion celeb mags(which I don't waste a penny on!!), entertainment shows (E! News, Access Hollywood, etc) and some celebs doing reality tv. The big problem is that it is the same celebs over and over that they run in the ground to where they are just boring to me now! Some folks are naturally curious and know how to draw the line, where others become way too obsessive. I think mystery is so much better! B) Oh, the last famous person I saw was Ted Lange who played Issac on the "Love Boat". When I was in college, he came and did a play, very nice guy!

I suppose it was Hank Williams, Jr. He was on stage and I was in the audience, of course, but I did see him with my own two eyes. In a non-performance setting...uhhh, well, he's not exactly a "celebrity," but I did see the governor of Tennessee at a restaurant in Nashville this summer.

I guess I don't hang out in the right places when I go to L.A. because I've never seen anyone famous when I've gone there. Oh well, the only person I'd really like to meet is Johnny Depp, and he lives in France, so eh.

In concert Lynyrd Skynyrd/Kid Rock, I also saw Robert Plant in June and Ozzy Osbourne in January. All were in concert because really there aren't many famous people living in Massachusetts.

You live in Massachusetts? I'm so jealous, I love it there particulaly the Berkshire Mountain area.

wow - i always thought the zeppelin mysteries thread was a bit like that, did jimmy scratch his nose with his left or right hand in 78 at the... oh whatever..... :)

Archived