who was the last famous person you saw

caroselambra~

i saw the pope in september when i was at the vatican

How's it going again? The last famous person that I saw I know personally. His name is BRIAN WILSON, founder of THE BEACH BOYS. Another one is ROLLING STONES Guitarist Keith Richards whom I shook hands and spoke briefly with for about two minutes. Believe it or not, I have met and crossed paths with many famous people in my lifetime. Some, I still keep in touch with to this very day while others just drift away. ROCK ON!

^You met Pagey????? :o I am ridiculously jealous. Is he as awesome as you expected? I'm going to see JPJ in NYC in April, so hopefully I can work some magic there. I would die if I met anybody from Zeppelin.

I can't remember the last famous person I saw but I'll make a list of people I've seen/met/know. S=Saw, M=Met, K=Know

Billy Squier (M)

The Pope (S)

Blues Travleler (M)

Hamish Stuart(Average White Band) (M)

Greg Bissonette (M)

Edgar Winter(S)

Colin Hay (S)

Hootie and the Blowfish (K)

Blue Oyster Cult (M)

Edwin McCain (M)

Levon Helm (S)

Gin Blossoms (M)

I also met a bunch of NY Yankees including Derek Jeter, Joe Torre(When he was still the manager), Jason Giambi, Alfonso Soriano, Mariano Rivera, and a few others.

I think there's more but I'm too tired to think

Last two "famous" people I've seen are not really outrageously famous... just famous enough to gather up several thousand listeners on Last.fm.

In the "seeing with interaction" category (i.e. I saw him, he saw me, we interacted):

Pall Jenkins @ the Casbah in San Diego. His band Three Mile Pilot has splintered into Pinback and Black Heart Procession some 10 years ago.

In "seeing without interaction" (I saw him, then took off as fast as I could):

Terry Reid.

I work with them all day long. Famous people are no different to us regular people.

I've dealt with several ex NFL players.These guys are as down to earth as the regular Joe.

At least the ones I've had contact with.

I've dealt with several ex NFL players.These guys are as down to earth as the regular Joe.

At least the ones I've had contact with.

Heh, funny you should mention that. Speaking of a regular Joe, I met Joe Montana back in '95. I was working for an RV dealer that rented motor homes, and he just happened to rent one from us. Nice guy- Joe introduced me to his family, and offered to autograph something for me.

THAT Joe is anything but regular. B)

Tower Of Power at the Commodore Ballroom in 02. A friend of mine and I were involved in the Vancouver Chapter that was raising money for bass player Francis Rocco Prestia's liver transplant. Met the band, not for the first time, and we were there for the soundcheck and show. Great bunch of guy's. Emilio Castilla was very gracious and between cuts during the soundcheck he'd shout over to us and say " How's it sound" ? "Tonight's all on your shoulders "...lol. Francis obviously was not touring with them at the time but he had a successful transplant and has been back with the band since 03

Jimmy Barnes (Aussie rocker) at Sydney airport last year!

Not the Jimmy I was hoping to meet, though... ;)

He was queueing to order a coffee at one of the cafeterias of the airport. Very down to earth guy.

In my personal experience, I have always seen VIP & musicians at airport or aboard planes.

A few years back, while getting off at Singapore airport I saw BB King. Did not have any time to stop and ask for an autograph as I had to run to catch my connecting flight ex Singapore to Rome. I didn't realize who he was at first as he was standing in front of me on the "tapis roulant" (that's how I call it.. :D ) and sort of blocking my way. You know how it is, you are in a rush and you think..."get out of the way, mate! ;" ..hahahaha

My both hands were carrying bags of any sort and I said to him something like "Excuse me, sir, but if I don't run I will miss my flight. " At that, he turned his head, made a big white teeth smile and moved aside to let me go. Awwww... that's when I realized who he was!!! :o

I just said "Thank You, Mr King!" , smiled back B) .and ran away...

...and another year, again a few years back, I had been upgraded to business class on a night flight from Perth to Sydney. The flight was almost deserted, especially in the business class, apart from one of the guys who I realized was from the INXS, who was sitting a couple of seats far from me on his own. Didn't approach him or ask any autograph, he seemed he wanted to be left alone and slept during all flight to SYD. :mellow:

I work with them all day long. Famous people are no different to us regular people.

Celebrities are different. They have charisma and good looks that the average person does not have. That's why they are celebrities.

Celebrities are different. They have charisma and good looks that the average person does not have. That's why they are celebrities.

Not all of them are good looking. They have a lot of confidence but they're still people no better or worse than anyone else - just more known.

Archived