Christmas gifts...

Medhb

I'm over the moon! My husband got me Led Zeppelin II signed by Jimmy, Robert, and JPJ. I need to find a display case for it. I want the kind where you can have the album 1/2 out of the cover. Anyone know where I can find one? I saw them all over eBay last year now I can't find even one!

Anyone else get any neat Zep stuff?

My sister in law got my mother in law an Elvis Christmas tree ornamant and I was going nuts. I want a Jimmy Christmas tree ornamant so bad!! Ahahahah!!

Merry Christmas all....may all your dreams come true!

I got an encyclopedia of Rock music, they devoted a couple of pages to Zep. But that's about it as far as any Zep related gifts are concered.

I also got Fawlty Towers(the complete series) on DVD. Loved that show since I was a kid.

I got an encyclopedia of Rock music, they devoted a couple of pages to Zep. But that's about it as far as any Zep related gifts are concered.

I also got Fawlty Towers(the complete series) on DVD. Loved that show since I was a kid.

Fawlty Towers is fantastic! Good gift to get indeed :D

I want a nice poster of Jimmy Page damn it. It has always pissed me off that Plant kind of got all the recognition because he is the singer. Of course not from us true blue die hard Zepp fans. But from the casual public fan that kind of dont know the band and just the name. Page is the master behind Led Zeppelin. He is the musician of all musicians to me. And the thought of Plant scoffing him to do this tour just makes my blood boil. Peter grant would be spinning in his grave. I cant find a poster of just Jimmy and or Bonzo. Plant is on my shit list. I dont care if people dont like it. Time is short. Life is short. Why cant he give in? Ill pAY ANY price as many would to see them. I dont give two shits about Krauss or country. I had to go buy a stupid country album for my wifes daugher. I hate country. Hate it.

Are you back on the Plant is selfish rant again :rolleyes: I wouldn't say Robert got all the recognition in Zep at all. I think Jimmy got equal if not more in fact. Not that it matters. They as a band were recognized for their talent.

I'm over the moon! My husband got me Led Zeppelin II signed by Jimmy, Robert, and JPJ. I need to find a display case for it. I want the kind where you can have the album 1/2 out of the cover. Anyone know where I can find one? I saw them all over eBay last year now I can't find even one!

My sister in law got my mother in law an Elvis Christmas tree ornamant and I was going nuts. I want a Jimmy Christmas tree ornamant so bad!! Ahahahah!!

Nice Medhb ! Didn't get any Zep stuff myself but did get some nice Skullcandy headphones to listen to them with

I want a nice poster of Jimmy Page damn it. It has always pissed me off that Plant kind of got all the recognition because he is the singer. Of course not from us true blue die hard Zepp fans. But from the casual public fan that kind of dont know the band and just the name. Page is the master behind Led Zeppelin. He is the musician of all musicians to me. And the thought of Plant scoffing him to do this tour just makes my blood boil. Peter grant would be spinning in his grave. I cant find a poster of just Jimmy and or Bonzo. Plant is on my shit list. I dont care if people dont like it. Time is short. Life is short. Why cant he give in? Ill pAY ANY price as many would to see them. I dont give two shits about Krauss or country. I had to go buy a stupid country album for my wifes daugher. I hate country. Hate it.

Chill out mate!

Oh I forgot you already are, being winter and probably being housebound and all! :slapface:

While it's true that Jimmy formed the band (with JPJ), and appointed Robert as vocalist and Bonzo on Robert's recommendation.

After the first album it was more Page and Plant as far as the songwriting goes. However, whilst JP was the producer JPJ was the mastermind behind the arrangements.

Plant was always going to make it regardless of Zeppelin, it's just that joining up with Jimmy and co., merely accelerated the inevitable.

Plant deserves the accolades he gets and if you think he cares what you, me or anyone else thinks of his decision or what his motives are, think again.

I certainly do what I think is right for me and my family regardless of what anybody else would prefer I do.

People who are overly influenced by other people are no better than sheep.

Whether you like it or not JP has had many opportunities over the years to do live gigs.

He has done a few collaborations on occasion and movie soundtracks as you well know.

As for not liking bluegrass or country you don't have an ally in Jimmy on that score.

Led Zeppelin were definitely into it and recorded it in tribute too.

These songs have a strong country lilt to them:

Bron-Y-aur Stomp

Hey Hey What Can I do

Tangerine

Down By The Seaside

Hot Dog

There may be others that don't come to mind right now.

As for the poster you aren't trying hard enough, you could always take a picture you like to a printer and have it enlarged.

Merry (expletive deleted) Christmas.

Back to topic.

Thanks to my 15 year old daughter my cup shall runneth over!

p1010165in2.jpg

w1600.png

As for the poster you aren't trying hard enough, you could always take a picture you like to a printer and have it enlarged.

I would be more than surprised if you could find a printer that provides that service. It infringes copyright, and penalties for breach of that are substantial. A print firm worth its salt would not take the risk.

RB

I would be more than surprised if you could find a printer that provides that service. It infringes copyright, and penalties for breach of that are substantial. A print firm worth its salt would not take the risk.

RB

I can't see why they wouldn't be available.

If it's in the public domain, for private use and you're not going to sell them why would it be a problem?

But then again in the USA they'll sue you for anything and everything.

The other solution is buy a poster of the band and cut the rest of them out of the picture.

If it's in the public domain, for private use and you're not going to sell them why would it be a problem?

Published images, unless specifically labeled, are not in the public domain; they are the intelectual property of the person who made the image (unless that was done during the course of someone's employment - i.e., comissioned work), and consequently protected by law. A print firm is not going to risk substantial financial damages that may be incurred by unlawful reproduction of said images without the permission of the owner, whether or not you intend it for personal use or for gainful profit. They have no way of knowing what your real intentions will be.

Images in books, magazines, posters - or for that matter - the internet, are subject to copyright unless labeled as royalty free.

RB

Published images, unless specifically labeled, are not in the public domain; they are the intelectual property of the person who made the image (unless that was done during the course of someone's employment - i.e., comissioned work), and consequently protected by law. A print firm is not going to risk substantial financial damages that may be incurred by unlawful reproduction of said images without the permission of the owner, whether or not you intend it for personal use or for gainful profit. They have no way of knowing what your real intentions will be.

Images in books, magazines, posters - or for that matter - the internet, are subject to copyright unless labeled as royalty free.

RB

Seek and you shall find!

Don't you mean "seek and you shall steal"?

RB

:wtf:

We're not talking about mass producing and selling "bootleg" posters here.

Just saying that there are images out there available gratis, that if used wouldn't infringe copyright.

BTW I don't take too kindly to being labelled a thief or that I encourage theft of any kind, if that's what you implied?

If not no problem.

Besides I cannot fathom why an image purchased legally cannot be enlarged or why it would be construed as an infringement of copyright or of illegally obtaining someone's "intellectual property" if it were.

Anyway my original thought about not trying hard enough still rings true because there are many reputable poster sellers throughout the world that would have what the other bloke was looking for.

It all comes down to how much time and effort one wants to put into searching for it.

I'm sorry to be laughing at your pain, but your rant was darn funny. B)

There has to be something out there with just Page. BTW, I agree 100%, especially after just having seen The Song Remains the Same, Page is the musician of all musicians.

Good luck on your quest.

Oh yeah, I got The Song Remains the Same DVD for Christmas. Probably not cool to most of you who have it, but it's new to me and I was mezmerized by the whole thing.

Take care,

Barb

I didn't get any Zep stuff for Christmas :( But I did get some $$ so if there's any left after I do a little clothes shopping I would love to pick up the LZ dvd.

Couldn't you just borrow some clothes? There has to be someone in your life the same size and gender. :D

Don't know if this counts but last night I was shuffling through some mail and ran across this $25 iTunes gift card I had forgotten about. Maybe I can download some zep stuff to my iPhone :D

That totally counts. Even if the gift doesn't have anything LZ on it or in it, if Led Zeppelin can somehow be sucked into the gift, it counts! Woo Hoo!

In addition to The Song Remains the Same DVD, I got an iHome. An iHome is basically a speaker that can go anywhere and you can listen to your iPod on it by plugging it in to the device. I brought it to work today and have been listening to my iPod on shuffle. Do you know how hard it is not listening to Led Zeppelin EVERY SINGLE SONG and actually letting some other music I enjoy play?

:slapface:

Archived