Do you know any well known musicians?

danelectro

I have met a few a long the way.

I took lessons from Jock Bartley of Firefall fame, he also played in Zephyr and backed Gram Parsons. My Mom booked Firefall for some fundraising things a few times too so Jock and I have crossed paths a few times. Also took lessons from Jerry Hahn, he was a pretty famous jazz guy in the 70's and 80's. Though I wasn't best friends with either of them they'd know who I was if we walked by each other on the street.

yes. I know Glenn Schwartz pretty well. Is he well known today? Maybe or maybe not, but in the late 60s he was ranked as one of the best blues guitar players in America and was Hendrix's favorite player. Probly the best player my eyes have ever seen and I've seen lots of good ones.

He played with the zeppelin a few times in 1969 on the same bill. He knew Page personally and Page knew him. If you dont know who Glenn is, you should.

yes. I know Glenn Schwartz pretty well. Is he well known today? Maybe or maybe not, but in the late 60s he was ranked as one of the best blues guitar players in America and was Hendrix's favorite player. Probly the best player my eyes have ever seen and I've seen lots of good ones.

He played with the zeppelin a few times in 1969 on the same bill. He knew Page personally and Page knew him. If you dont know who Glenn is, you should.

Right on, Glenn is a jammer for sure.

No one really significant...

I had pizza twice with Springsteen at Federicis in Freehold, NJ.

Met Jon Bon Jovi by accident at the hospital where my Parents worked at. He was visiting his grandmom.

Met Queensryche(5 times) and Dream Theater (2 times).

Geoff Tate sang to me on stage at the Birch Hill in Old Bridge, NJ during a solo gig.

Malmsteen at Vintage Vinyl, Fords, NJ

A few 80's hair bands at a local music store, like Trixter, Sabastian Bach and Sabo.

Most recently, Rod Stewart at my Chiropractor's office.

I have met a few others while working on duty, but never really "chatted" long with them.

Steve Lynch of Autograph is a friend of mine, he's been to the house and partied with us a number of times. Mike Starr of Alice In Chains is a local and I've chatted with him a few times. Roger Fisher, Howard Leese and Michael DeRosier of Heart are also locals and I've hung out for short periods of time with each of them. I was at Concrete Foundation Forum in 1992 and hung out with Steve Pearcy of Ratt....he was very cool. Once in a bar I told Kris Novacelic (spelling) of Nirvana that he was a dorky retard. I seemed funny at the time! I was working security at a Tad show and stopped Kurt Cobain from coming backstage, the Derelicts told me later that he was their guest..."Bleach" had just been released by SubPop and it had not caught on yet.

I've met and briefly chatted with: John Paul Jones, Jerry Cantrell, Layne Staley, Sean Kinney, Jeff Ament, Ronny James Dio, Lemmy of Motorhead, Mick Ronson for a good half hour or so (he was a very nice man), Gary Richrath Of REO Speedwagon (for a whole afternoon while he did set up and soundcheck at a club that my Ex promoted).... I know that there are many more that I'm forgetting and my brain is starting to hurt, so I'll stop for now...

Cool.

This is kind of a stretch but a guy I just bought a Les Paul from and I have been getting pretty chatty. He was the guitarist for the A440 Band, they backed up Ted Neeley of Jesus Christ Super Star fame. He's been telling me stories about famous musicians he's known. I don't know his name though, we've been emailing back and forth and all I know is his eBay handle.

My dad went to high school with Vinnie Moora, but no one really knows who that is. he was also a roadie for the band Heaven. They weren't really big, just a small US band in the '80s. I think that's it. He used to go see Bon Jovi play in bars before they were famous. He said that Jon would be like 3 feet away in some of the clubs.

I work with a guy that is friends with Dave Mattacks, (who's of course, worked with Jimmy!) When he was working for labels, he told me how he crashed a ZZ Top party in 1976. Also how he was at a meeting at Warners where security wouldn't let Ahmet back in.

Neil Young smiled and pointed at me, my friend, and the Canadian flag I was waving during the chorus of "Rockin' in the Free World"! B)

And John Lodge blew me a kiss during "Lovely to See You"!!

(is this an appropriate response for the: :pwnd: ??? LOL)

edit to add: In responding to another thread I remembered that I am friends with a fantastic Greek musician/vocalist, Mario Frangoulis. He is not nearly as well-known as he should be, although that is changing as he accompanied Sarah Brightman on her recent Winter Symphony tour and brought the house down everywhere they performed.

I dated Susanna Hoffs BEFORE she was in The Bangles. We've kept in touch all these years and get together about once or twice a year for dinner.

OH MY GOD!

My sisters and I used to pretend WE were The Bangles!! we seriously LOVED them!

My husbands cousin is about to get his launch into stardom soon apparently .. signing contracts in america and stuff... so maybe one day I will know a well known musician.

I ran into Bill Graham once at Winterland in the daytime. He was going in and said hi to me. B)

My friend Danny was pretty tight with Santana and we all went to the same Jr. High in SF (James Lick)

I ran into Bill Graham a couple of times - once on the street in San Fran and another at the reopened Fillmore West. I was pretty stunned because I have such a huge respect and admiration for what he'd done over the years.

Aside from Jimmy? Not many. Mick Taylor comes to mind. Met him in Frisco after a show in 2000. The girl I was dating at the time was a friend of his. Nice guy, very pleasant. It was my one and only backstage party with a well known musician. It was a blast!

• 2 weeks later...
yeah...Zakk Wylde...went to high school with him. My singer is actually friends with him and was just hanging out with him at Christmas and then again when his dad was ill...then once more for the funeral.

is it true about him sleeping through school coz he was up all night playing guitar? (if you really did know him I don't get how so many people on here can have met all these musicians, or isit more common than i thought?)

yeah...Zakk Wylde...went to high school with him. My singer is actually friends with him and was just hanging out with him at Christmas and then again when his dad was ill...then once more for the funeral.

is it true about him sleeping through school coz he was up all night playing guitar? (if you really did know him I don't get how so many people on here can have met all these musicians, or isit more common than i thought?)

Archived