Page, Jones, Bonham new project

What irks me about this situation is why would JPJ come out all gung ho about it if it wasnt a given? Dont tell me for one minute that these guys couldnt find ANY singer to work with. Thats just ridiculous. Roberts excuse about "treading old ground " is ridiculous as well, because he IS treading old ground by doing another album with AK. His whole career is about treading old ground, od blues, old rockabilly, old blue grass. They already proved they could do it at the 02 by whipping out For Your Life having NEVER played it live and it sounded like the album.

His last solo album was all old songs THAT WERE FIRED BY YOUTH!!!!! Darkness, Darkness, Morning Dew don't even try and tell me those songs werent fired by youth!!

If you dont want to do it, than screw all the fans and don't do it, but don't give me that lame excuse!

Be a man and come out and say I dont want to do it because I am a selfish delicate artist with a huge ego! Now thats the truth!

There is NO reason JPJ JP andJB cant do something absolutley none!

Its ok for Page and Plant to tour But not Page and Jones? Horse cookies!!! Jones is more responsible for the sound than Plant!!

How is Robert making an album with Alison Krauss, singing Americana treading on old ground when he's never done that before? To me that's treading on new ground, just because the songs are old - they've clearly contemporized them.

Oh and his last solo album prior to Raising Sand was "Mighty Rearranger" which was an album of originals.

Further to that, why can't people accept what he said was his reasons for not wanting to reunite with Zep? Why question that? It's his life, his career and his choice and we may wish otherwise, but he has a right to do what he wants. I for one have no problem with his decision.

Dont tell me for one minute that these guys couldnt find ANY singer to work with.

These guys couldn't find any singer to work with.

His last solo album was all old songs THAT WERE FIRED BY YOUTH!!!!! Darkness, Darkness, Morning Dew don't even try and tell me those songs werent fired by youth!!

Those songs weren't fired by youth. (Or at least, he was in his fifties, which I'd like to think is youth, but . . . )

:hysterical:

"Be a man and come out and say I dont want to do it because I am a selfish delicate artist with a huge ego! Now thats the truth!"

have you considered that maybe he just doesn't want to do it because he simply doesn't want to? it's really not that big a deal

You can all attack me on that one and I dont care because thats my opinion. But it is ridiculous that the other three cant find a singer. I forgot about mighty rearranger because it sucked so bad. I meant the other pc of garbage the Dreamland or whatever. And talk about ego, he said Im gonna donate money from the album, and he had to put in his own money because NO ONE BOUGHT IT! And he is NOT treading new ground because he has already done an album with Allison and T bone and all the songs are all done before usually many times. NOTHING NEW ABOUT IT!

I didnt mean the way he was doing the songs was fired by youth, i meant the actual songs were fired by youth, just like Zeppelin songs are!!! His argument holds no water, he treaded on the old Zep ground twice in the 90's, did it mess things up? no!!

You can defend his majesty all ya want but I think he has slighted Zep fans and Jimmy and JPJ, my opinion Im entitled to it. You wont convince me otherwise. And guess what I guarantee there are more Zep fans that agree with me than not! I know many who actually have seen Zep.

You can all attack me on that one and I dont care because thats my opinion.

I don't see anyone attack you, it's just a discussion.

But it is ridiculous that the other three cant find a singer. I forgot about mighty rearranger because it sucked so bad. I meant the other pc of garbage the Dreamland or whatever. And talk about ego, he said Im gonna donate money from the album, and he had to put in his own money because NO ONE BOUGHT IT! And he is NOT treading new ground because he has already done an album with Allison and T bone and all the songs are all done before usually many times. NOTHING NEW ABOUT IT!

You can say it's ridiculous that they can't find a singer to work with, but that's the fact, at least now.

He is treading new ground, the songs are old, true, but they are new for him.

I didnt mean the way he was doing the songs was fired by youth, i meant the actual songs were fired by youth, just like Zeppelin songs are!!! His argument holds no water, he treaded on the old Zep ground twice in the 90's, did it mess things up? no!!

Sorry I don't quite understand what you're actually talking about...

You can defend his majesty all ya want but I think he has slighted Zep fans and Jimmy and JPJ, my opinion Im entitled to it. You wont convince me otherwise. And guess what I guarantee there are more Zep fans that agree with me than not! I know many who actually have seen Zep.

Yes that's your own opiopn, I'm not gonna convince you. Enjoy yourself.

Randy Jackson of ZEBRA, He is truly natural . you can find him on many sites. give him a listen

He's been mentioned many times.

You can all attack me on that one and I dont care because thats my opinion. But it is ridiculous that the other three cant find a singer. I forgot about mighty rearranger because it sucked so bad. I meant the other pc of garbage the Dreamland or whatever. And talk about ego, he said Im gonna donate money from the album, and he had to put in his own money because NO ONE BOUGHT IT! And he is NOT treading new ground because he has already done an album with Allison and T bone and all the songs are all done before usually many times. NOTHING NEW ABOUT IT!

No one bought Mighty Rearranger or Dreamland? So not true nor did they suck in my opinion. Two of his best albums to date I think.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, just as we're all entitled to disagree with it, and I do. I know many who have seen Zep, too (including myself)--many more than you, I'm betting, and hardly any of them agree with you.

It may be ridiculous that the other three can't find a singer but it's a fact--they tried, they failed.

After thinking long and hard about his statement a few thoughts:

He has revisited zep many times.

Live Aid

Atlantic 40th

Unledded album and tour

Walking Into Clarksdale album and tour

Reunion

but to be so tired of it that he cannot conjure up some creative energy with jjj, first time ever doing anything with jpj or junior since zep. doesn't that bring him energy?? However if that's what he says -so be it.

The thing that kills me is that he has proven that HE is beyond creative with jj and papa j. with pk it's not him being creative. it's t-bone who's actually creating it. It seems with jjj he would have much more say in the creative aspect of it. Creating new music is more treading ground than singing what and how someone else wants you to.

After thinking long and hard about his statement a few thoughts:

He has revisited zep many times.

Live Aid

Atlantic 40th

Unledded album and tour

Walking Into Clarksdale album and tour

Reunion

but to be so tired of it that he cannot conjure up some creative energy with jjj, first time ever doing anything with jpj or junior since zep. doesn't that bring him energy?? However if that's what he says -so be it.

The thing that kills me is that he has proven that HE is beyond creative with jj and papa j. with pk it's not him being creative. it's t-bone who's actually creating it. It seems with jjj he would have much more say in the creative aspect of it. Creating new music is more treading ground than singing what and how someone else wants you to.

How is WIC revisiting Zep? He worked with Jimmy and yes they did Zep tunes but then by that Robert's encorporated Zep songs in his live shows since 1988. I don't think he's tired of Zep but he's done it and he's moved on. Why is that so hard to accept? I don't get how Raising Sand wasn't creative. They took a variety of Americana songs and recreated them. I don't think T Bone was ordering him to sing a certain way. I'm sure that was how Robert saw the songs being sung and did so accordingly. Although T Bone steered the project, I'm sure Robert had his say in how things went.

I really really hope making music is as easy as you said it. But I"m afraid not.

How is WIC revisiting Zep? He worked with Jimmy and yes they did Zep tunes but then by that Robert's encorporated Zep songs in his live shows since 1988. I don't think he's tired of Zep but he's done it and he's moved on. Why is that so hard to accept? I don't get how Raising Sand wasn't creative. They took a variety of Americana songs and recreated them. I don't think T Bone was ordering him to sing a certain way. I'm sure that was how Robert saw the songs being sung and did so accordingly. Although T Bone steered the project, I'm sure Robert had his say in how things went.

With WIC because it was with jimmy. both of them have stated in interviews that unledded was fantastic but they wanted to get back to a fourpiece like zep was. since he's back to a fourpiece and with jimmy and singing mostly zep in concert i felt it was revisiting zep.

I guess the reason I can't accept is that they were the greatest hands down. Noone imo even close. The most dreadful thing happened and they lost one piece of the puzzle. since then several attempts to rekindle failed(live aid and atlantic) but then they really had something with unledded. and then clarksdale was showing that they were flowing again creatively. Blow out, argument whatever it should be called and no more jimmy/rp. another ten years go by and they have the chance to do it again. for a sad reason, but it's a good reason to reunite. they do so and it goes beyond even their expectations.

Now after so many years every piece of the puzzle is in place again and he refuses to plan a few gigs. With the loss of so many great musicians it's amazing that it is even possible, that the greatest creative band ever can get back together, but rp doesn't want to so he can be creative. Take a new road.

He claims that they could never meet the youthfulness head on again. That's really not needed. Most expect to see maturity, experience and excellence, not a wailing screaming blonde barbie doll type like in the beginning. they have evolved (greatly) and that should show. It's as if he doesn't have the confidence.

Regardless of how I feel about it there are so many other factors that I could never know about that i cannot judge and I readily admit that. but from the knowledge I do have from what I see i strongly feel it's the right thing to do.

Since they didn't call jpj in 94 or 98 I've often thought it could be a problem between rp and jpj. who knows? Only Robert and some of his confidants.

for RS, I am guessing that if he were to go forward with jjj Robert would have alot more say in a reunion and defnintely more say if they were to go into the studio to do new material. For RS He has stated many times that tbone is the ringleader and everyone takes their direction from him. he has also said that they each pick a song or two to do so i'm definitely not saying there is zero/none creativity just imo much less than if zep did an album.

No matter what I still love Robert and always will for what he's given us. The greatest rock and roll ever. I guess it's like being upset with a family member. And anyone with family knows that everyone else in your family always knows what's best for you!

And since i'm completely off thread I have to add that I really hope that there is still a new project with them working together instead of jimmy doing something separately.

Wow, all of this before my morning tea!

What irks me about this situation is why would JPJ come out all gung ho about it if it wasnt a given? Dont tell me for one minute that these guys couldnt find ANY singer to work with. Thats just ridiculous. Roberts excuse about "treading old ground " is ridiculous as well, because he IS treading old ground by doing another album with AK. His whole career is about treading old ground, od blues, old rockabilly, old blue grass. They already proved they could do it at the 02 by whipping out For Your Life having NEVER played it live and it sounded like the album.

If you dont want to do it, than screw all the fans and don't do it, but don't give me that lame excuse!

Be a man and come out and say I dont want to do it because I am a selfish delicate artist with a huge ego! Now thats the truth!

There is NO reason JPJ JP andJB cant do something absolutley none!

Its ok for Page and Plant to tour But not Page and Jones? Horse cookies!!! Jones is more responsible for the sound than Plant!!

Did you notice the title of this thread? And yet, like very other fucking thread on this forum ( it'll be the Obama one next), it becomes an arena for bashing Robert. Its just completely bloody STUPID.

Did I start an angry thread? Well...some interesting posts, but maybe instead of fighting amongst the fans, there should instead be a really strong voice of support to keep these guys together. I think that would motivate them to stick with it than if they see a bunch of people fighting (although nothing wrong w/ passion). Robert is out, c'est la vie. If he wasn't moved by the new songs presented to him, if he has to even think about it, then he absolutely should not do it. So, in a lot of ways, an instrumental project would probably be more challenging and interesting. Finding a singer is incredibly difficult, they'll just drive themselves up the wall. It just doesn't make sense that they would split up because then what is Page going to do? Start from scratch and find a new band? You know how long that can take? What is he going to do w/ all this new material he has ready to go? So they split up and he goes, "hmmm....I played w/ Jason on Outrider, maybe I can just stick w/ him...by the way Jason, you know a bassist available"? " Well, actually..." I can see Jones calling back the guys he worked with on his last 2 solo projects, but Page is out of it, he doesn't have a band. So, more support?

for RS, I am guessing that if he were to go forward with jjj Robert would have alot more say in a reunion and defnintely more say if they were to go into the studio to do new material. For RS He has stated many times that tbone is the ringleader and everyone takes their direction from him. he has also said that they each pick a song or two to do so i'm definitely not saying there is zero/none creativity just imo much less than if zep did an album.

Sigh, how do you know he would have a lot more say in a reunion or something? That's all speculation. People are all talking about "what if... then Robert could/should...",ever think about that maybe the other three don't want to go that way? Take John Paul Jones's words "we are interested in making loud music, but Robert is not". So it's obvious they're taking different routes now.

For me there's no comparision between Raising Sand and the "New Zeppelin Project", because the latter hasn't existed.

Did I start an angry thread? Well...some interesting posts, but maybe instead of fighting amongst the fans, there should instead be a really strong voice of support to keep these guys together. I think that would motivate them to stick with it than if they see a bunch of people fighting (although nothing wrong w/ passion). Robert is out, c'est la vie. If he wasn't moved by the new songs presented to him, if he has to even think about it, then he absolutely should not do it. So, in a lot of ways, an instrumental project would probably be more challenging and interesting. Finding a singer is incredibly difficult, they'll just drive themselves up the wall. It just doesn't make sense that they would split up because then what is Page going to do? Start from scratch and find a new band? You know how long that can take? What is he going to do w/ all this new material he has ready to go? So they split up and he goes, "hmmm....I played w/ Jason on Outrider, maybe I can just stick w/ him...by the way Jason, you know a bassist available"? " Well, actually..." I can see Jones calling back the guys he worked with on his last 2 solo projects, but Page is out of it, he doesn't have a band. So, more support?

:drumz::piano::standup_bass::elvis2::stereo:

Totally works for me. :D

Aside from whatever Robert is thinking, I think the amazing thing is that Jimmy et al can't get anything going.

I actually can't believe it.

I have to think they a) must have been trying to psyche Robert into the project and/or B) have his assurance that he will do something with them after his next go round with T-Bone.

They are just too good to not have some immediate possibilities unless they have something to wait for. They COULD absolutely find a singer to make an interesting project and I can't believe Jimmy and John Paul have thrown in the towel(s) for good.

Granted , I'm not sure I trust Jimmy to make the best choice given his record and if nothing else he needs better management; ie someone who could find the best singer for the deal. I could probably do it 'fer the love of god------and these guys can't?

Somethin' is goin' on here.....

Archived