Page, Jones, Bonham new project

A lot of nonsense here and all over the internet about these guys playing together. There seems to be confusion still with some people in regards to the name and what they intend to do. This is NOT a Led Zeppelin thing, its a new band working on new songs, so the idea of them replacing Plant w/ some clone is ridiculous, and it would be really bad taste to tour just to play the older songs. This would make them caricatures of themselves, and I think they have the common sense to realize that. Also a lot of people assume now its done because of what the manager supposedly said. I couldn't give a rats ass what Mensch said; managers, lawyers, attorneys are opportunists and are not to be trusted. So until one of the musicians come forth, its up in the air. There's absolutely no reason for them to pack it in when they can just as well do an instrumental album, and it would be silly since its working out for them. OKAY?

A lot of nonsense here and all over the internet about these guys playing together. There seems to be confusion still with some people in regards to the name and what they intend to do. This is NOT a Led Zeppelin thing, its a new band working on new songs, so the idea of them replacing Plant w/ some clone is ridiculous, and it would be really bad taste to tour just to play the older songs. This would make them caricatures of themselves, and I think they have the common sense to realize that. Also a lot of people assume now its done because of what the manager supposedly said. I couldn't give a rats ass what Mensch said; managers, lawyers, attorneys are opportunists and are not to be trusted. So until one of the musicians come forth, its up in the air. There's absolutely no reason for them to pack it in when they can just as well do an instrumental album, and it would be silly since its working out for them. OKAY?

I think you're in for a big disappointment. OKAY?

Also a lot of people assume now its done because of what the manager supposedly said. I couldn't give a rats ass what Mensch said; managers, lawyers, attorneys are opportunists and are not to be trusted. So until one of the musicians come forth, its up in the air. There's absolutely no reason for them to pack it in when they can just as well do an instrumental album, and it would be silly since its working out for them. OKAY?

Peter Mensch has provided management support to Jimmy for many years, and I think

he genuinely shares in their collective disappointment. Seems to me he was simply the

one obliged to inform the press it was all over, and spare Jimmy the unpleasantness of

explaining why. By your definition of mangers, Peter Grant cannot be trusted, yet most

fans, and certainly Jimmy himself, would disagree.

Of course it has died .But it still simmers in the back rooms. It all plays with Roberts ever changing mind. Never say never till one of the main players has passed on. Hope rings forever in the minds of true fans.

Of course it has died .But it still simmers in the back rooms. It all plays with Roberts ever changing mind. Never say never till one of the main players has passed on. Hope rings forever in the minds of true fans.

I accept the statements made by Robert himself and Jimmy's manager that there is no Zep reunion. I don't think that makes me any less of a fan.

While Robert is doing his bluegrass thing and the other Zeppelin members are trying to pull something different together, AC/DC is touring to sold out arena's and satisfying the fans that made them what they are today.

The fans are happy and grateful. AC/DC seemed to be having a great time on stage and the show simply kicked my butt.

Thanks AC/DC for letting me experience your legendary musical style covering old and new material.

I saw two Plant and Page tours that covered most of the Zeppelin songs, but I cannot say I have been to a Led Zeppelin concert. How sad.....

While Robert is doing his bluegrass thing and the other Zeppelin members are trying to pull something different together, AC/DC is touring to sold out arena's and satisfying the fans that made them what they are today.

The fans are happy and grateful. AC/DC seemed to be having a great time on stage and the show simply kicked my butt.

Thanks AC/DC for letting me experience your legendary musical style covering old and new material.

I saw two Plant and Page tours that covered most of the Zeppelin songs, but I cannot say I have been to a Led Zeppelin concert. How sad.....

That's nice for you, the band, and your butt. :D But Robert, who is currently singing music that is not bluegrass, doesn't feel he would have a great time doing a reunion tour. Meanwhile, JP and JPJ are no longer trying to pull anything together, apparently. So this is one of the many ways in which AC/DC and Zeppelin are not the same.

Led Zeppelin came before AC/DC, so it is natural that they finished their tour earlier.

I think ,after reading this thread, it is possible again,,,,,,,,,The Jason Bonham Band, I'm puting my eggs in that basket. Robert said himself that they had properly brought him in, so now having read all threads on this topic twice, the torch has been passed and his drumming is really good, so if he does zep tunes on the road it will kind of be like being at at a zep concert, I am very optimistic that this world tour will happen.

I've never been to a Led Zeppelin concert either. Sad as that is, I don't expect them to reunite and tour for my benefit. I'm satisfied with the amazing music they've created together and what they've done since. They owe me or anyone else absolutely nothing.

When I say managers, of course there are exceptions, Grant being one of them. A guy who wouldn't allow anyone to take advantage of his boys. Mensch could have been misquoted; take a look at all the sensationalism surrounding this thing. It certainly has mellowed out lately though, which is probably a good thing...

I think ,after reading this thread, it is possible again,,,,,,,,,The Jason Bonham Band, I'm puting my eggs in that basket. Robert said himself that they had properly brought him in, so now having read all threads on this topic twice, the torch has been passed and his drumming is really good, so if he does zep tunes on the road it will kind of be like being at at a zep concert, I am very optimistic that this world tour will happen.

I'm confused. Do you mean Jason reuniting with Chas West?? or a completely new band?

Jason has already done a Zep CD with his band ~ Check out, In The Name of My Father by The Jason Bonham Band

Jason Bonham Band ~ In The Name of My Father

When I say managers, of course there are exceptions, Grant being one of them. A guy who wouldn't allow anyone to take advantage of his boys. Mensch could have been misquoted; take a look at all the sensationalism surrounding this thing. It certainly has mellowed out lately though, which is probably a good thing...

If he had been misquoted, a statement correcting things would have been immediately issued. The fact that none was leads me to think he was stating the truth.

I'm confused. Do you mean Jason reuniting with Chas West?? or a completely new band?

Jason has already done a Zep CD with his band ~ Check out, In The Name of My Father by The Jason Bonham Band

Jason Bonham Band ~ In The Name of My Father

I've got that, had it for a few years. Quite good, really. Jason is far better here than in any past performances you might have heard. West is no good on the high notes (on SIBLY he croaks like a frog!) but all in all this is well worth having.

What irks me about this situation is why would JPJ come out all gung ho about it if it wasnt a given? Dont tell me for one minute that these guys couldnt find ANY singer to work with. Thats just ridiculous. Roberts excuse about "treading old ground " is ridiculous as well, because he IS treading old ground by doing another album with AK. His whole career is about treading old ground, od blues, old rockabilly, old blue grass. They already proved they could do it at the 02 by whipping out For Your Life having NEVER played it live and it sounded like the album.

His last solo album was all old songs THAT WERE FIRED BY YOUTH!!!!! Darkness, Darkness, Morning Dew don't even try and tell me those songs werent fired by youth!!

If you dont want to do it, than screw all the fans and don't do it, but don't give me that lame excuse!

Be a man and come out and say I dont want to do it because I am a selfish delicate artist with a huge ego! Now thats the truth!

There is NO reason JPJ JP andJB cant do something absolutley none!

Its ok for Page and Plant to tour But not Page and Jones? Horse cookies!!! Jones is more responsible for the sound than Plant!!

Dont tell me for one minute that these guys couldnt find ANY singer to work with.

These guys couldn't find any singer to work with.

His last solo album was all old songs THAT WERE FIRED BY YOUTH!!!!! Darkness, Darkness, Morning Dew don't even try and tell me those songs werent fired by youth!!

Those songs weren't fired by youth. (Or at least, he was in his fifties, which I'd like to think is youth, but . . . )

What irks me about this situation is why would JPJ come out all gung ho about it if it wasnt a given? Dont tell me for one minute that these guys couldnt find ANY singer to work with. Thats just ridiculous. Roberts excuse about "treading old ground " is ridiculous as well, because he IS treading old ground by doing another album with AK. His whole career is about treading old ground, od blues, old rockabilly, old blue grass. They already proved they could do it at the 02 by whipping out For Your Life having NEVER played it live and it sounded like the album.

If you dont want to do it, than screw all the fans and don't do it, but don't give me that lame excuse!

Be a man and come out and say I dont want to do it because I am a selfish delicate artist with a huge ego! Now thats the truth!

There is NO reason JPJ JP andJB cant do something absolutley none!

Its ok for Page and Plant to tour But not Page and Jones? Horse cookies!!! Jones is more responsible for the sound than Plant!!

Who are you to tell the TRUTH?

And what Robert has to do with the ending of a Page/Jones project? Since he has never been a part of it.

Who are you to tell the TRUTH?

And what Robert has to do with the ending of a Page/Jones project? Since he has never been a part of it.

Yet you'd think somebody with a hugely inflated ego would jump at the chance, given all the attention it would attract, not to mention all the money it would bring in . . .

Yet you'd think somebody with a hugely inflated ego would jump at the chance, given all the attention it would attract, not to mention all the money it would bring in . . .

You know what really amazes me? There're people accusing Robert Plant of everything he did, he is a pathetic midland loser who could have reached nothing without Jimmy Page, he is a super-poser who contributed the least to the greatest band, he is a selfish delicate artist with an ego of the size of Greenland but no real achievement, and yet he is able to command Page and Jones around and stop their project, ha?

And at the end, he should still come around to sing for those ones who think he is not a man.

Did I sum it up well enough?

Archived