Adam Lambert American Idol

MightyZep

Not surprised that Lil went home. She wasn't putting enough orginallity into her songs, but I thought Anoop was cool though. The thing I love so much about Adam is that you never know what he is going to do, I mean he puts his own spin into everything and so does Allison! I think the top 4 will consist of Adam, Allison, Kris and a toss-up between Danny and Matt (I go back and forth between these two depending on their song choices for the particular week).

It's all the little jealous bitches voting 500 times for the guys on re-dial.

<_<

I was kinda hoping they'd have had Donna Summer on.

o-16.jpg

;)

I know, especially since 3 (?) of her songs were used! (Although not my personal favorite..."Last Dance"!)

• 2 weeks later...

You know next week is Rock Week. The contestants have a list of songs to pick from and there are several Led Zeppelin songs on that list. Adam Lambert has said that he would want to sing Whole Lotta Love if given the chance. I think if he does sing Zeppelin, we will know FOR SURE what he his made of.

Oooh, that kind of scares me :unsure: Can we turn him loose on GNR instead?

Yeah you know, even though I'm down with his style and singing I am a little afraid myself. I mean, it is LED ZEPPELIN. American Idol + Led Zeppelin = ?? Yes, maybe some GNR. Just not Welcome to the Jungle. please... :unsure:

Oooh, that kind of scares me :unsure: Can we turn him loose on GNR instead?

Hi "Virginia!" Why not turn him loose on both? It would be cool if Lambert sings the middle orgasm section of "Whole Lotta Love," then we can really see just how high Lambert's high vocal ranges can go. It would also be cool if Lambert did a tribute to GNR by singing "Welcome To The Jungle" and let his high vocals do the talking. In my opinion, I truly believe that Lambert sounds better than Axl Rose, Vince Neil, Rob Halford and Dan McCafferty. What do all of you think? ROCK ON!

Yeah you know, even though I'm down with his style and singing I am a little afraid myself. I mean, it is LED ZEPPELIN. American Idol + Led Zeppelin = ?? Yes, maybe some GNR. Just not Welcome to the Jungle. please... :unsure:

:lol: We'll have to strap in and see what happens! :)

How's it going "MightyZep?" I'm going to be a little sarcastic here! How bout if Lambert sings "Whole Lotta Jungle?" ROCK ON!

I can't believe Adam came close to being voted off.... I was very happy, hehehe. :D That week Danny's "Come Rain or Come Shine" was by far my favourite. One of my favourite songs ever and he did an amazing job, far better than anyone else that night. Unfortunately Adam will most likely take the cake with everyone on Rock Week, being the walking rock cliche that he is. Everyone will eat it up I'm sure. <_<

I can't believe Adam came close to being voted off.... I was very happy, hehehe. :D That week Danny's "Come Rain or Come Shine" was by far my favourite. One of my favourite songs ever and he did an amazing job, far better than anyone else that night. Unfortunately Adam will most likely take the cake with everyone on Rock Week, being the walking rock cliche that he is. Everyone will eat it up I'm sure. <_<

I was VERY happy that he wasn't voted off, I was scared there for a second. :D I cannot wait to see what he will be singing tomorrow night, it would be cool if it were some Zeppelin. Whatever it is, I am going to eat it up for sure. :D

I was VERY happy that he wasn't voted off, I was scared there for a second. :D I cannot wait to see what he will be singing tomorrow night, it would be cool if it were some Zeppelin. Whatever it is, I am going to eat it up for sure. :D

Here Here! Make sure you save the leftovers :lol:

I don't know if any of you saw American Idol last night but there is a contestant named Adam Lambert. He is PHENOMENAL. Seriously one of the best singers I maybe have ever heard. Since he started gathering more fame I keep hearing people say "He sounds like a young Robert Plant." or "He should sing some Led Zeppelin."

Now, I have always been one to scoff at the idea of rock singers attempting to take on Plant but this kid is INSANE. I'm not saying he IS Plant or IS at that level but I'm saying that he is easily the best contender for covering that stuff. Seriously. I don't care if you're not into American Idol, if you AT ALL appreciate that 60's -70's Plant style you should see this kid! It doesn't even feel like American Idol. I posting a youtube video of his performance. Once you get past the first minute it's like DAMN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EDic3tMJdg...feature=related

I TAKE IT THAT ALL OF YOU SAW ADAM'S RENDITION OF THE LED ZEPPELIN CLASSIC "WHOLE LOTTA LOVE?" What did all of you think? ROCK ON!

Whole Lotta Love...not that bad...

Allison does Janis..... just ok for me!

I liked Allison's performance a lot better than Adam's. Sorry but I just do not like him!

The judges were surprisingly harsh on Allison. I was surprised. I thought her performance was great.

He could be the lead singer for Zepp if they reunited. He kicked ass on that song.

I would have to bring a barf bag to the show. :(

Adam can SING, his style is just way too contrived and cliche for me. Danny and Chris are just finishing performing now and I have to say I like their voices so much more than Adam's, because they're very natural sounding... unlike Adam. Sounded great on those harmonies!

Omg I completely agree -_- ..didnt like it

Its hard to sing Robert Plant... I can't say that I actually disliked Adam's performance, it was just exactly what I expected- the typical rock cliche! Okay, I'll stop dissing Adam now because he does seem like a sweet guy. :D

Its hard to sing Robert Plant... I can't say that I actually disliked Adam's performance, it was just exactly what I expected- the typical rock cliche! Okay, I'll stop dissing Adam now because he does seem like a sweet guy. :D

I've never watched American Idol(we don't have it here) and also never followed Adam Lambert. His performance of WLL is now already on youtube, it's only audio and after two times listen, I got a strange impression that it's almost like how Sebastian Bach would have sung it.

No offence to him or Bach, that's just how I felt. :P

I liked Allison's performance a lot better than Adam's. Sorry but I just do not like him!

The judges were surprisingly harsh on Allison. I was surprised. I thought her performance was great.

I'm with you on both counts. I just don't buy Adam as a rocker; too much (shrieky) vibratto and it seems like he is in rocker costume; I don't buy it as authentic with him. (I was yelling at the tv; "It's horrible! I hate it!", lol)

I love Allison though!

I thought Kris was the weakest link tonight.

Archived