Adam Lambert American Idol

MightyZep

Adam is fantastic. I had my doubts at first but then I watched this video. It really shows what his capabilities.

I've been rooting for Allison Iraheta but it's getting tough because her and Adam are both such good singers. I get a chill when she sings "Alone" by Heart.

Simon gets my WTF sign of the day. :wtf: Adam's version of Ring of Fire was great. It was different for sure but his voice was better than ever. I liked the sitar, which was the only thing the performance had in common with "Kashmir". Maybe the only two times, Paula has heard anything Eastern. :D

What did ya'll think about Adam's rendition of Ring of Fire? I though it was cool but REALLy different. Thought it was funny when Paula said, "Hmm. Sounds like Kashmir by Led Zeppelin". Allison did really good tonight too I thought. So did Anoop. Great Willie Nelson song. B)

My fam watches this show. I prefer Rockstar. Anyway, i thought it was funny when Simon looked at her. :lol: He looked pissed. :lol: I watched the vid and didnt really hear the "Kashmir vibe" Paula is talking about. More like the Page/Plant tour.

:) I just don't see him as a rock singer or as current; but that's what makes Idol fun; all the different opinions :) Randy Travis seems like such a gentleman too!

Yeah, that was a cool rendition of 'Ring Of Fire'. Didn't Daughtry do the same thing when he was on??

Simon must be on the rag with his dismal opinion.

One of my fave songs by Travis is 'He Walked On Water' about his grandpa.

He wore starched white shirts

Buttoned at the neck

His teeth were gone

But what the heck

:D

Yeah, that was a cool rendition of 'Ring Of Fire'. Didn't Daughtry do the same thing when he was on??

Simon must be on the rag with his dismal opinion.

One of my fave songs by Travis is 'He Walked On Water' about his grandpa.

He wore starched white shirts

Buttoned at the neck

His teeth were gone

But what the heck

:D

Chris did "I Walk the Line"

I just don't groove into Adam's voice even though I do give him credit for having amazing pipes; something about those high shrieky notes he hits. I think Chris' lower register was well suited to the Johnny Cash song and his arrangement was very cool. Our family rooted for Chris that year :)

i am watching AI now, and randy jackson just commented that the "ring of fire" rendition was a copy of jeff bukley's version. i didnt know jeff buckley covered that song, but i swear when i was watching adam last night, i was thinking that he has range like jeff buckley and can soud like him a little. i absolutely love jeff bukley, but oddly i am not a fan of this adam lambert (although, i admit, he can really sing...but i winced all thru last nights performance).

ps - if anyone covers Zep on this show, i will puke

I can see why Paula made the Led Zeppelin's Kashmir comparison. Adam's rendition had a heavy middle-eastern feel to it along with those high vocals with a bit of a Plant influence in them. Although the performance probably had more Radiohead and Jeff Buckley than Zep.

I was really shocked to see Allison and Alexis in the bottom 3. What irks me and it's gotta be true is that most of the 'voters' are probably little young teenie bitches who are not only jealous of the pretty ones but they probably also vote a thousand times each by hitting re-dial. I saw their reactions when they picked David Cook over Archuleta last year.

<_<

I can see why she failed on Jolene though.

Jolene by Alexis

it never ceases to amaze me what one can find on you tube! love that old clip of dolly parton (thanks for posting!), as much as i love her, and have since i was a kid. i am in no way a follower of country music, but dolly is just such an icon. i even love her acting (9 to 5, and steel magnolias).

ps - i dont know which artisit covered "jolene" in the past year or so, but i had never heard it before it was performed on idol 08 season and thought the lyric was "jolie"...assuming is was a song written about jen, brad and angie! the lyrics just perfectly sum up that whole love triangle!

pss - sorry to be off topic. i have said it before....i am not an adam lambert fan, and will projectile vomit if he dare cover zep ever.

ps - if anyone covers Zep on this show, i will puke

It's probably bound to happen as just about every major artist from Elvis, The Beatles, and to the Stones have been covered. Just a matter of time now. Not in support for most contestants to cover LZ, but I'd like to see Adam do it and that's about it.

I was really shocked to see Allison and Alexis in the bottom 3. What irks me and it's gotta be true is that most of the 'voters' are probably little young teenie bitches who are not only jealous of the pretty ones but they probably also vote a thousand times each by hitting re-dial. I saw their reactions when they picked David Cook over Archuleta last year.

<_<

Me too! I liked Alexis' version of J"olene" too. She put her own spin on it. Yes, I saw the reaction of the little girls who thought the world came to an end when Cook beat Archuleta last year!! I just had to laugh!! I liked Adam's version of "Ring Of Fire" and I thought it was cool when Paula brought up Zeppelin's "Kashmir". I love it when people name drop our boys!!

I had a brilliant idea today! :D (hah, lol) Adam should join Queen!! He'd have to reign it in just a smidge...but I think he would be PERFECT singing Queen songs!! What do 'yall think? :unsure:

i see where you're going with this..its a good idea and his voice has the range...but, freddy mercury is about as irreplaceable as robert plant.

It's probably bound to happen as just about every major artist from Elvis, The Beatles, and to the Stones have been covered. Just a matter of time now. Not in support for most contestants to cover LZ, but I'd like to see Adam do it and that's about it.

I don't see why it would be 'weird' to cover Led Zeppelin. Who ever thought Plant would hook up with Allison Krauss as their music styles are worlds apart. I'd like to hear Adam do 'Whole Lotta Love' but it would take some fancy editing to get it into a 2 minute format. B)

i see where you're going with this..its a good idea and his voice has the range...but, freddy mercury is about as irreplaceable as robert plant.

Oh, I know, but they were doing it anyway with Paul Rogers ... :)

"Ring Of Fire" was a travesty. He didn't even refer to the Johnny Cash version because he had no idea what the song was so he downloaded another version from the internet that had sitar on it as his reference. I have no problem when a person covers a song & changes the song musically to suit their style, but that was just gruesome & he didn't even seem to know what the lyrics were about while interperting them. When AI has another theme week like American patriotic songs for example, is that guy Adam going to do a Dr Dre type G-Funk version of "America The Beautiful" because he's unfamilar with the traditional version & to be "relevant"?

it never ceases to amaze me what one can find on you tube! love that old clip of dolly parton (thanks for posting!), as much as i love her, and have since i was a kid. i am in no way a follower of country music, but dolly is just such an icon. i even love her acting (9 to 5, and steel magnolias).

ps - i dont know which artisit covered "jolene" in the past year or so, but i had never heard it before it was performed on idol 08 season and thought the lyric was "jolie"...assuming is was a song written about jen, brad and angie! the lyrics just perfectly sum up that whole love triangle!

pss - sorry to be off topic. i have said it before....i am not an adam lambert fan, and will projectile vomit if he dare cover zep ever.

Check out the White Stripes' version of Jolene. Amazing.

first time ive seen the show this season qrious abut this dude that garnered his own thread from a zep fan at the zep forum. no he's not a robert plant, can't be. but it's not a put down. it's just that robert plant, yunno no one can really imitate him, even those that copy him or were inspired by him (eddie vedder, bono, etc etc). no robert plant he's a league all his own.

adam reminds me of this cute hunk that i see on the train all the time, and this grunge hunk which i used to ride the same bus as a kid doing telemarketing jobs. his eyes do. he still has baby fat and speaks like a girl/boy. but he is talented, he's got range and the looks to make it as a star singer after he wins the american idol. hopefully he's not gay or he will break many hearts in that audience.

Did a very unique version of Smokey Robinson's, "Tracks Of My Tears". Basically an unplugged version that was really slowed down. Really well done. Never heard it done like this. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't win the whole competition.

Archived