2016 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL THREAD

SuperDave

I dislike the Los Angeles Dodgers and I dislike the San Francisco Giants even more (being a lifelong Saint Louis Cardinals fan) but I really wanted Matt Moore to pitch a No-Hitter against the Dodgers.  One out to go and Corey Seager bloops a single to break up the no-hitter. 

2 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I dislike the Los Angeles Dodgers and I dislike the San Francisco Giants even more (being a lifelong Saint Louis Cardinals fan) but I really wanted Matt Moore to pitch a No-Hitter against the Dodgers.  One out to go and Corey Seager bloops a single to break up the no-hitter. 

Now THAT is how NOT to get your ass swept out of Chavez Ravine.   ^_^

What happened when the Dodgers moved to L.A. to make room for their stadium. Eminent domain at its finest.

Los Angeles County Sheriffs forcibly evicting Mrs. Aurora Vargas, 36, from her home at 1771 Malvina Avenue in Chavez Ravine.

EVICTION.jpg

10 minutes ago, kingzoso said:

The Yankees have scored 27 runs in just two games against your Orioles 9.  

Tell me something I dont know.  it does not help not having Adam Jones and his replacement drops a fly ball and opens the flood gates.  It also does not help when even the Yankee announcers saw that Davis was safe at 2nd and that prick was out at home and the Umps got both calls wrong even with it glaring them in the face on replay.  Its a fucking fix.  They want NY to win.  But at least be fair about it.  Gallardo is a  piece of shit.  We need to get rid of him.  And Bundy was pitching well and Buck for reasons unknown brings in McFuckland fresh up from two months in AAA rebab, and was getting shelled in the International league, and puts him in a crucial game?  Why?  He had Brach and he had Givens but gives the ball to a guy that is no doubt on his way back to Bowie on a bus ride.  We need to fix this right now.  Beat them with Gausman and then beat up Toronto at home.  Do able.  We have to wrack up that fat Sabathia to start.  

The Orioles must have all hands on deck.  If they do they are formidable.  But you take jones away it hurts.  And more so on D.  Here comes Pearce for the first pitch.  Kick ASS!!!!!!

Huge 5-0 win for the Orioles.  On the Cubs network they are switching to the Dodger feed in the 4th inning as a tribute to Vin Skully.  He is talking about Harry Carey.  He then went on to talk about the Dodgers and Cubs both losing 7 Series in a row.  But as he said, many teams have never been to that many.   My own team has been to 5 as the Baltimore Orioles , but I guess more if you want to count them as the St Louis Browns which I chose to not do.  Our history as the Orioles only goes back to the 1950s and not the early 1900s like many teams.  So the comparison is not really fair.  After winning the 83 Series the present owner Angelos, who I am no fan of, has really not done anything until recent years to help our cause.  Now lets see if the greedy SOB will pony up for Wieters.  I know in 2018 he had best make sure Manny Machado never leaves this team or there will be riots.  I know the Yankees already have their sites on him.  Like they said today, he is in a league of his own.  He is some kind of player. At 23 there is no better infielder in the game. Back to Vin Skully, he is truly a wealth of knowledge  Its sad to see him leave.  too bad he did not wait another year or two.  I do believe the Dodgers have good things coming.  Sure the Cubs appear to be the team to beat  But no guarantees and the Dodgesr have one hell of a bullpen.

NLCS Preview on now.  Cubs and Dodgers

I haven't had much to say on this thread lately--the Mets are pretty much dead in the water. The only thing to do is get ready for October, which should be fun. 

I would have to think it's all or nothing for the Cubbies. If they don't win it all, it will be a busted season and another year of misery for the longest drought in sports history. Who could knock them off in the playoffs--never count out the G-Men in October.

The American League may be a true crapshoot this year--no clear cut favorite as far as I can see. Anybody could take the pennant in the junior circuit...

7 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I would have to think it's all or nothing for the Cubbies. If they don't win it all, it will be a busted season and another year of misery for the longest drought in sports history. Who could knock them off in the playoffs--never count out the G-Men in October.

I just wish that SF could get a hot streak going. Damned Dodgers.

A huge win for us last night.  I hate the fact that we are sending Gallardo back up.  Tillman is likely ready but must face 5 batter they say. I do not know if that means in the AAA farm system or jut in the field vs his team mates?  But he cannot get on the mound fast enough. I am hoping Gallardo gets to the 5th and limits the damage to lets say 3 or 4.  We can score.  So let it be.  Pearce has really given us  lift.  Great to have him back.  I cant believe that as hot as KC has been they let the Yankees off the hook last night.  They have to come to us this time.  but first, Toronto.  Thank you Tampa for more help.  They have really been a thorn in Boston's side.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Thanks to the AL East and the NL West, baseball will be worth watching in September. These should be two fun pennant races down the stretch. ⚾⚾⚾

Rangers pretty much put away the hopes of Seattle and will try to do the same to Houston this weekend... the West has been under Rangers control all summer, despite a horrible July.

Hope that didn't jinx us going into this Astros series....lol

1 hour ago, Dallas Knebs said:

...keep your ESPN alerts switched on, Odor may get on a roll.  Last night was unreal, looked like he was hitting a 5wood off the laces...

Yeah, that was a jump out of my chair moment. Have you gotten over to the ballpark at all this season ? It's been so dam hot, but I might try to go Sunday.

I still and will always have faith and believe that the Saint Louis Cardinals are the one team to beat in the Major League Baseball regular season and in the post-season, and with that being said, I know that this 2016 season the Cardinals are very much "underdogs" to make it to the World Series and I am fine with that. 

I just have to say that whichever National League team makes it to the World Series (besides the Cardinals), I hope that it is not the Chicago Cubs or the San Francisco Giants or even the Los Angeles Dodgers. 

It amuses me that the Chicago Cubs have not won a World Series in over 100+ years.  I am not trying to be an asshole to the fans of these teams but this is how I think and feel.  I know that the Saint Louis Cardinals have their fair share of baseball fans that despise them because of their previous "domination" of the National League for far too many years than any of the three teams I mentioned above (with the only exception being the Giants who do have a better World Series wins then the Cardinals in the past 6 years - but not since the beginning of the new millennium- Y2K). 

Help is on its way.  Good to see our GM making moves that can help for this final push.   So the Orioles have picked up a speedy and hot outfielder fro Arizona.  Micheal Bourn.  And Stubbs also for defensive purposes.  We also have acquired pitcher, leftie Lobstein who you may remember from the Tigers  as he was with Pittsburgh.  He can certainly help us and we have only Miley and him as lefties.  Miley is coming off a fine performance.  The Yankees come in tomorrow.  We need to pick it up a notch and get on a roll.  I expect it is going to happen with this loaded lineup.  Adam Jones, get your ass our there!   Pronto!  Your rest is over.  Bundy should start and i am expecting to see a heavy dose of mustard thrown the Yankees way

I cannot believe the Yankees are directly in the middle of the Wild Card race after unloading all they did before the "trade deadline"!  Glad to see some youth picking up the mantle and carrying the torch towards the future!  The Empire Returns!!! 

On September 1, 2016 at 8:52 PM, Walter said:

I cannot believe the Yankees are directly in the middle of the Wild Card race after unloading all they did before the "trade deadline"!  Glad to see some youth picking up the mantle and carrying the torch towards the future!  The Empire Returns!!! 

Well they are getting some pay back and I expected it after those two games last week.  The nice part is Toronto is losing.  Yes I have to give them credit for not quitting after they basically raised the white flag and traded Chapman.  They got more than they expected out of a few minor leaguers especially Sanchez.  I am glad to see our GM picked up some help to deal with this race.  Boston has a ton of problems in their bullpen.  I feel we now have enough guys to get us to the 5th inning and then we can hand the ball to a number of guys.  Jones return is huge. Bourn is going to help us as we now have a speed guy to put in with Rickard likely gone for the season.  Some great races in both leagues.  

Good luck to your O's, Rick and ebk, I hope your able to make it through.  I'm just glad the Yanks have a promising future after a long, drawn out, bloated, aging process.  Looking toward to 2017!  Not to say this team doesn't have the heart to capture a Wild Card birth 4 weeks from now.

Archived