Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matthew

Favorite Song off of Physical Graffiti

19 posts in this topic

What is your favorite song(s) from Physical Graffiti?

Right now for me it's a tie between In The Light and Bron-Yr-Aur. I also love In My Time Of Dying and The Rover. As well as Houses of the Holy. 

It's so hard to pick just one. Please leave a comment I'd love to hear other opinions as well as reasonings possibly. Thanks!

My favorite song from PG is The Rover. My second favorite is Trampled Underfoot. I believe  both songs are  very powerful.

Wow, changes almost every time I listen to it. LOL.

IMTOD, The Wanton Song, Black Country Woman, Custard pie....

nup, can't really say. Need to go have one more listen.  :stereo:

It's my favorite Zep album, so it's hard to pick just one.  As already mentioned, In the Light and Trampled Underfoot are fantastic, as are the 72-era songs like The Rover.  And don't forget Sick Again!  But ultimately, I have to go with Kashmir.  It just has everything that crystalizes why the band was so great, the mystique, musicianship, versatility, wide-ranging influences, etc.  It also illustrates just how important Bonham was to the band. 

31 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

It's my favorite Zep album, so it's hard to pick just one.  As already mentioned, In the Light and Trampled Underfoot are fantastic, as are the 72-era songs like The Rover.  And don't forget Sick Again!  But ultimately, I have to go with Kashmir.  It just has everything that crystalizes why the band was so great, the mystique, musicianship, versatility, wide-ranging influences, etc.  It also illustrates just how important Bonham was to the band. 

👍

Live -- KASHMIR, which is one of my most favorite live songs. I have many favorite live LZ songs. But Kashmir is "Most Favored", along with D&C and TSRTS.

Studio - The Rover

1. The Wanton Song

2. The Rover

3. Custard Pie

4.  Houses of the Holy 

My absolute favorite Led Zeppelin album! 

For me it is either Kashmir or In My Time Of Dying - these two songs are immensely powerful!

Allow me to elaborate on my earlier answer. Awesome lyrics:

we are eagles of one nest

the best is in our soul 

Also, my favorite Zep album:

Ten Years Gone and, I know I am in the minority here but... Down By The Seaside. I just really love this song and it brings back so many memories for me.

Member-Berries???

6 hours ago, IpMan said:

Also, my favorite Zep album:

Ten Years Gone and, I know I am in the minority here but... Down By The Seaside. I just really love this song and it brings back so many memories for me.

Member-Berries???

Not as far as I am concerned. It's a terrific song 

Like i seem to say to most of these types of threads i change my mind. Due to mood. Do i want to move about ?. Etc,etc. But mostly i would say, Kashmir,Bron-yr-aur, Custard pie. And i like In my time of dying- Because its nice and long.