Jimmy rejects LZ Hollywood WOF Star petition

zeptangerine

Didn't they or aren't they about to tear the Riot House down?

It was there this summer when I went up to see RP/AK at the Greek...

Last year I read that the "Riot House" was being renovated and "rebranded" by the Hyatt Corp. I don't know if the pool or the coffee shop survived the renovations. All of the balconies were being removed in order to prevent fans who want to act like rockers from throwing things onto the street and the people below. When I was much younger, I remember my friends and I didn't just throw ice off the balcony - we also turned spoons into catapults so we could throw the ice further. :bagoverhead:

Last year I read that the "Riot House" was being renovated and "rebranded" by the Hyatt Corp. I don't know if the pool or the coffee shop survived the renovations. All of the balconies were being removed in order to prevent fans who want to act like rockers from throwing things onto the street and the people below. When I was much younger, I remember my friends and I didn't just throw ice off the balcony - we also turned spoons into catapults so we could throw the ice further. :bagoverhead:

lol catapults; I behaved myself when I stood on the balcony, quietly gazing at the Houses of the Holy billboard across the street.

Because it's cheesy! Or naff, if yer British. Good call, Jimmy.

When I first saw the stars on the sidewalk of the boulevard I was very young, about four years old. What I remember most is that the pavement sparkles, and at the time I thought that was very impressive. Plus I went shopping with my aunt at the nearby Fredericks and checked out all the feathers on the ladies underwear then, too, which was very fun.

lol catapults; I behaved myself when I stood on the balcony, quietly gazing at the Houses of the Holy billboard across the street.

Good for you. Back then, for some of us, behaving ourselves was a challenge. As far as the catapults and ice throwing, thankfully the statute of limitations has long passed.

The response from Joan Hudson was clearly supposed to be a private communication and wasn't some sort of press release. I don't blame Jimmy in the slightest for his lack of interest, and I think it was honourable of him to let the guy know. Now if only he'd turn his attention to answering other questions.........

I don't blame him either, just found it odd how it ended up in the papers, so to speak.

He did put his hand impression into the rock walk outside Guitar Center there.

JPAGE_07_lg.jpg

Dec 12 1993

Well, he had shopped there over the years and happened to be in town rehearsing for

the Japanese tour with David Coverdale. Eddie Van Halen did the induction speech.

I don't blame him either, just found it odd how it ended up in the papers, so to speak.

It's good press Steve. Typical Zeppelin if you think about it...it just adds to the mystery factor

It's good press Steve. Typical Zeppelin if you think about it...it just adds to the mystery factor

Agreed- and the Mystery to me is why he didn't want it in the first place! Sure some say it's cheesy, but is Jimmy too humble to accept it, or perhaps he just doesn't want to deal with the 10 hour plane ride for a 4 minute presentation? Whichever way, his word is Law in all things Zep.

Didn't they or aren't they about to tear the Riot House down?

Well, now that the petition to get Zeppelin a star on the HWOF has been turned down by Jimmy himself, I think it's time to turn our attention elsewhere and that is the above mentioned Continental Hyatt (Riot) House on the Sunset Strip. I believe a petition to the National Historical Society (or whoever approves these things) to turn this hotel into a national or historical landmark. I don't see how they can turn this down. Even Mr. James Patrick Page himself may be for it as well. Just think of all the history there. Well, I didn't say it was all good...just a lot of history in the place. I mean we want to keep this forum somewhat respectable, so I'll leave the graphic details out for the time being. It's quite possible for future generations, that it may well be known as the Graceland of the west.

:):thumbsup:

just remember everything they do in or out of the media tell's their fans somehting or other about what they are doing or planning. I just hope they are keeping somewhat out of the spotlight in order to suprise us with something epic. I think geting invauled with petitions might not be the best for jimmy at this time because the focus is on ledzeppelin as a whole and not what they should be honord for.

Well, now that the petition to get Zeppelin a star on the HWOF has been turned down by Jimmy himself, I think it's time to turn our attention elsewhere and that is the above mentioned Continental Hyatt (Riot) House on the Sunset Strip. I believe a petition to the National Historical Society (or whoever approves these things) to turn this hotel into a national or historical landmark. I don't see how they can turn this down. Even Mr. James Patrick Page himself may be for it as well. Just think of all the history there. Well, I didn't say it was all good...just a lot of history in the place. I mean we want to keep this forum somewhat respectable, so I'll leave the graphic details out for the time being. It's quite possible for future generations, that it may well be known as the Graceland of the west.

:D That's funny! But I got a feelin' that living Zeppelin members will go blank when asked to describe why The Riot should be a historical landmark. Imagine if they make the description too clean, their pamplets will end up in the lobby stand next to Universal Studios and Disneyland.

You know what would be a good landmark- the hotel in Seattle where they used to fish off the pier, The Edgewater Inn. That place has a 4 Diamond AAA rating. Obviously an upgrade since the '70s. This could be the very room Bonzo stashed his early morning reel-ins: Edgewater Photos. If those walls could talk...

:D That's funny! But I got a feelin' that living Zeppelin members will go blank when asked to describe why The Riot should be a historical landmark. Imagine if they make the description too clean, their pamplets will end up in the lobby stand next to Universal Studios and Disneyland.

You know what would be a good landmark- the hotel in Seattle where they used to fish off the pier, The Edgewater Inn. That place has a 4 Diamond AAA rating. Obviously an upgrade since the '70s. This could be the very room Bonzo stashed his early morning reel-ins: Edgewater Photos. If those walls could talk...

Either one would be good. But if they do make the description too clean, that's ok since their doing it for sales and trying to bring in the tourist market. :)

That would be awesome! Though I can't quite picture Jimmy agreeing, but you never know..

Awhile back someone posted an interview with -jack white and he said things about how -page and led zep did things their own way. Things we know as fans, like their relationship with the media and artwork with the albums...led zep four, having no mention of led zeppelin. I think he said it was sort of a punk rock approach.

With marketing and use of the band name, i think its cool to keep it in the realm of music.

Archived