JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

04/21/2012

42112.jpg

I'm surprised he didn't mention the album had been titled Most High, but changed to Walking Into Clarksdale just prior to release. Unfortunately the album cover wasn't changed...I've always found it as dull as the Most High promo video. A stong collection of songs doomed by Steve Albini, IMHO.

Hmm...first ever documented live performance of Livin' Lovin' Maid...?

Many shows are either unheard or incomplete and rare songs are likely to be hoarded for $$$$ IF there are recordings of them, so it isn't that unlikely. Same with other songs "not known" to have been performed.

04/24/2012

42412.jpg

Jimmy Page from Circus Magazine...

"I can tell you when I knew we'd broken through, which was at San Francisco, there were other gigs like the Boston Tea Party, Kinetic Circus in Chicago which has unfortunately disappeared as venues, where the response was so incredible we'd knew we made our impression....but after the San Francisco Gig it was just ....Bang!"

Source Link w/ add. articles on Ten Years After/Led Zeppelin

http://www.alvinlee.de/1969.htm

Additional Audio/Info. Filmore San Francisco

http://www.ledzeppelinguitar.com/concerts/live-at-fillmore-west-04-27-69.html

04/27/2012

42712.jpg

Great picture, disappointing commentary for this entry! Would have loved to see Jimmy comment on the Destroyer soundboard bootleg that might be one of the biggest live unauthorized Zep releases this side of Blueberry Hill!

Maybe tomorrow Jimmy, do the 2nd Cleveland show on this day, and comment that the bootleggers should have gotten the soundboard for the 2nd Cleveland night instead of the 1st Cleveland night, as it's been widely reported to have been a better show than the 1st Cleveland '77 show!

Archived