JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

03/26/2012

32612.jpg

...that's a beautiful photograph of JImmy today AEN27...special for you on your birthday - Has this photograph been posted publicly? For some reason, I don't remember...

and that is a rare sports jacket...not too many photos in this... He does look Hot doesn't he ;)

Here is translation by means of Internet about This Day...

The first concert in Lyon, March 26, 1973, is in a stage of eleven thousand places where we let him fifteen thousand young, but the doors are forced open by a few hundred others who claim to free concerts (this will be a real movement, albeit a minor one, at that time). Grant told the group that this is a result of what France experienced in 1968, finally to the vague knowledge that he has, and they are content. Finally, it's the Led Zeppelin roadies that Grant support to block the doors: it is forty-four for the tour, if we subtract the group and technicians, lawyers and the press officer, it leaves in two good dozens that, according to Gee, Were not afraid to fight - if it is not in contact with the gate crashers, is that he is afraid to kill one, he said. But when empty bottles will burst on the scene, he and Cole will spot the guy who throws them, and, behind the scenes (shot on the stairs by the hair with ease), he will celebrate.

The next day we play Nancy. The good city of Lyon, in the rain, the disappointed: too province, it dozes, and we still fight in the head. It stinks complications, deposits of negotiations, it is better to put some space between themselves and Lyons (...). "

François Bon, "Rock'n roll, a portrait of Led Zeppelin"

source Link:

http://houdaer.haute...in-et-lyon.html

March 26th, 1973 ....Lyons...by Conneyfogle

here are our Fellow Member DavidZoso's rest of photographs/setlist from March 27, 1973 Nice, France, the last date till 1980

http://forums.ledzep...-march-27-1973/

corrected for clarity..

And there is that delightful "routining" term!!!

Surely it will have to be added to Oxford's English Dictionary now. I mean if Sarah Palin can get in, how much more deserving is His Lordship...

I had to google to make sure that there is really a river called Piddle and yep, it exists. I shall never doubt Jimmy again.

03/28/2012

32812.jpg

I love what Jimmy has shared from this album for his OTD. HOTH (especially TSRTS) brings me right back to my junior high days, when the album was first released. Listening to it now sends me into a Proustian tailspin.

There are some of Eddie Kramer's photos from the Stargroves sessions here: http://www.kramerarc...n_zeppelin.html and here: https://www.morrison...otographID=4986

03/26/2012

32612.jpg

Sometimes I wonder if Jimmy purposely leaves his information vague in order to elicit memories and stories from fans. There are times when he just might not have that much to say but it's occurred to me that he/his staff might pick up bits of intelligence in the form of first hand memories from fans who were there and who remember certain details.

What a heart-stopping, lovely photo:

http://i40.tinypic.com/4lqfb9.jpg

Sometimes I wonder if Jimmy purposely leaves his information vague in order to elicit memories and stories from fans.

Or to elicit corrections? Lyon was not the last date of the 1973 French tour AND Led Zeppelin did not perform in Paris - or even France for that matter - in 1980.

Sometimes I wonder if Jimmy purposely leaves his information vague in order to elicit memories and stories from fans. There are times when he just might not have that much to say but it's occurred to me that he/his staff might pick up bits of intelligence in the form of first hand memories from fans who were there and who remember certain details.

What a heart-stopping, lovely photo:

http://i40.tinypic.com/4lqfb9.jpg

...I wonder about this "doubt" as well MSG, otherwise, I think it is just as well, as this is exactly how Jimmy recalls it to date - there is purity in "his" recollection as directly coming from him....it has been a long long time and I think his memories/recollections are rather close enough...

I personally enjoy what Jimmy has to say, perhaps there is another way to correct/revise...but I would prefer to keep his thought pure as possible...

and that photo and that familiar smile...timeless....

...edited for detail..

...I wonder about this "doubt" as well MSG, otherwise, I think it is just as well, as this is exactly how Jimmy recalls it to date - there is purity in "his" recollection as directly coming from him....it has been a long long time and I think his memories/recollections are rather close enough...

I personally enjoy what Jimmy has to say, perhaps there is another way to correct/revise...but I would prefer to keep his thought pure as possible...

and that photo and that familiar smile...timeless....

...edited for detail..

That's true, I think, PlanetPage - Jimmy's memories and recollections are "pure" in that I believe they are his (maybe edited slightly, maybe not). In any case I think they are close enough and I give him credit for sharing them seemingly unembellished and without false grandeur or agenda (e.g., in order to impress us or peddle books ;) ).

Familiar smile and mannerisms/body language...

Surely it will have to be added to Oxford's English Dictionary now. I mean if Sarah Palin can get in, how much more deserving is His Lordship...

I had to google to make sure that there is really a river called Piddle and yep, it exists. I shall never doubt Jimmy again.

Why pick on "routining"? It's a word: The OED Online lists it as a derivative of "routine, v." It has three quotations from 1923, 1976, and 2002.

...FireOpal, I noted this also, although I have never seen this word used in his interviews/conversations from the historic times to modern years, until now...

interesting..

routining ...Something new from The Legend...

Why pick on "routining"? It's a word: The OED Online lists it as a derivative of "routine, v." It has three quotations from 1923, 1976, and 2002.

She is just commenting on that is a very cool word and needs to be recognized.

Regarding TSRTS, I know it was referred to in the songwriting phase as "The Overture" but was is Jimmy talking about regarding "The Plumpton and Worchester Races"? TSRTS had two working titles?

Regarding TSRTS, I know it was referred to in the songwriting phase as "The Overture" but what is Jimmy talking about regarding "The Plumpton and Worcester Races"? TSRTS had two working titles?

When the Overture (aka The Song Remains The Same) was written Jimmy was living at Plumpton Place, and the Plumpton Racecourse is just down the road.

Worcester is home to one of the oldest racecourses in Britain. However, I'm wondering if "The Plumpton and Worcester Races" is a tip of the hat to a man in Plumpton's neighboring village of Lewes - Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts - an avid horse racing enthusiast who owns a stud farm for horse breeding.

Archived