JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

03/17/2012

31712.jpg

Puff Daddy worked quickly on this project - Jimmy's guitar track was recorded on February 17th 1998 at CTS Studios in London. Jimmy and Robert were in New York that March to promote the imminent release of Walking Into Clarksdale and their US tour.

Thank you, AEN! I love this and I can tell that Mr. MSG will love this even more than I.

...that is very nice, but I'll be listening to The Sitar Maestro PR Shankar, as Page makes himself unavailable to my humble Premises...

PlanetPage, it reminds me somewhat of an electrified version of the kind of music that Pandit Ravi Shankar would play when we used to go to his concerts at Occidental College and other venues. This sort of trance-like meditative droning is that kind of sound that he and his trio would produce - it seemed to go on for hours (and often did as the concerts extended into the wee hours of the morning as people sat meditating at his feet). Don't give up on Page - you have another shot at it on Thursday and he may yet grace your premises.

Thank you, AEN! I love this and I can tell that Mr. MSG will love this even more than I.

PlanetPage, it reminds me somewhat of an electrified version of the kind of music that Pandit Ravi Shankar would play when we used to go to his concerts at Occidental College and other venues. This sort of trance-like meditative droning is that kind of sound that he and his trio would produce - it seemed to go on for hours (and often did as the concerts extended into the wee hours of the morning as people sat meditating at his feet). Don't give up on Page - you have another shot at it on Thursday and he may yet grace your premises.

...MSG, I think the Art Work has incredible Depth and this really defines Page as the 70's generation knew him, this would be him...

...and yes, that familiar droning sound, remember the All India Radio Morning Tune?....God, I really was so lazy as the sound reminded me to take a peak from the blankets to morning sunrise :late:...........

I have the bootleg of this called "Solo Performances", which also includes Robert's singles from the 60's. I think he was on CBS Records at the time. Well, anyway Jimmy's recording (even just a minute) has much more clarity than my version. When remastered, I think it helps. Will order it tomorrow. Hopefully, it won't take too long to reach the USA.

Here is a better taste for you, PlanetPage...Don't give up on Jimmy. I have a feeling he will have added a few surprises. :D

http://youtu.be/31U9LHR1vGk

...or else, it will reaffirm my belief more ways than one,....Oh The Led Wallet!!!

.....anyway...we'll see...I am sure something will turn up at his Official Site, sooner or later...

...MSG, I think the Art Work has incredible Depth and this really defines Page as the 70's generation knew him, this would be him...

...and yes, that familiar droning sound, remember the All India Radio Morning Tune?....God, I really was so lazy as the sound reminded me to take a peak from the blankets to morning sunrise :late:...........

I like the artwork too, PlanetPage. Very much so.

I remember the All India Radio Morning Tune very well! I actually loved hearing it and thought it was such a beautiful and peaceful way to begin each day (even if it did have us peeking out from under the blankets ;) ). I can hear its (or a similar Indian tune's) influences in LZ's "LA Drone."

OK, what did I miss - why was Planet writing about a linoleum factory in Staines shutting down?

FireOpal, this is where the Supershow was recorded, an unused Linoleum Factory, I could find only these pictures closest to that era....

Archived