Stairway to Heaven

ScaredCrowey85

Not sure if this a topic that has been discussed yet, but for some reason, everytime I listen to Stairway to Heaven I HAVE to get through the whole song. It drives me crazy if Im in the car listening to the radio, the song comes on then half way through we're at our destination ... I make whoever Im with wait till the song ends ... if I dont ... I just hear it in my head over amd over and over and it just doesnt sound nearly as good as it is ... does anybody else ever get that feeling about this song ... Led Zeppelin is really before my time, but I think theyre awesome, and I wish that I could go back in time and go to a show of theirs ... so anywho

I have a love/hate relationship with STH. I know it's an amazing song, but I am sooooooooooo tired of hearing it. I do tend to skip it more often than play it nowadays.

I don't listen to it often but it's one of those when I do, I am brought right back to the first time I heard it feeling.

I don't listen to it very often, but it is my all time favourite song. I get tired of it in a sense that all the Zep posers say that it's their favourite song just because it's the only song they know.

It's my favourite because when I was little my dad moved a turntable into my room and would play that song until I went to sleep, so I have a good reason.

It's not the first song of theirs I ever heard, but it's one of those that sucked me in like a vacuum. It's a staple of theirs, every Zeppelin fan knows it - from the diehards to the 'passerbys'. It's had the most airtime, the one that's parodied, it's been in films, covered by other artists (literally). To some fans it is Led Zeppelin. And, as a 15 year-old, I played it every single day. Without mercy, obsessively so.

And then, suddenly, I decided to stop. I made an active choice to not play STH as often as I could. I didn't want the time to come when I'd be sick to the back teeth of hearing it - that's reserved for U2 only. I like STH - I don't want to hate it. So, I don't play it.

I'm over the song. If it comes on the radio, every now and again I'll leave it on. Mostly though, I turn it off. I've heard it too many times and as longdistancewinner put it, sick to the back teeth of it. It's not a bad song, in that the lyrics and music are not bad. It's a great song.

I just don't care for it anymore. I used to listen to it all the time and play it over and over again, but after a while.......it got to be too much.

Not sure if this a topic that has been discussed yet, but for some reason, everytime I listen to Stairway to Heaven I HAVE to get through the whole song. It drives me crazy if Im in the car listening to the radio, the song comes on then half way through we're at our destination ... I make whoever Im with wait till the song ends ... if I dont ... I just hear it in my head over amd over and over and it just doesnt sound nearly as good as it is ... does anybody else ever get that feeling about this song ... Led Zeppelin is really before my time, but I think theyre awesome, and I wish that I could go back in time and go to a show of theirs ... so anywho

me too! well, i am that way with all zep songs.......

Luckily, I wasn't born until after they stopped playing it to death, so I still love hearing it. I don't think I'd make anybody sit there until it was over, but I do hate it when I have to get out of the car in the middle of the song. I really do think it's the best song in the world, even if I have to take a break from it for a while because I've kinda been wearing it out myself.

Stairway is one of my favorite songs of all music genres.

I could never get tired of it.

I must play it over again and again when I listen to it. The constant climbing of the song and the build up to the climax of the solo and then the part "To be a rock and not to roll" and then the quiet ending, is musical genius and perfection.

I could never turn it off without hearing the ending.

I don't listen to it everyday, but save it as something special, a treat for the senses.

:)

Stairway is one of my favorite songs of all music genres.

I could never get tired of it.

I must play it over again and again when I listen to it. The constant climbing of the song and the build up to the climax of the solo and then the part "To be a rock and not to roll" and then the quiet ending, is musical genius and perfection.

I could never turn it off without hearing the ending.

I don't listen to it everyday, but save it as something special, a treat for the senses.

:)

Hi too 'Yukon Cornelius' 'BUCK'EYE' DOC' 'ScaredCrowey85' 'ninelives' 'lzfan715' 'Dzldoc' 'slave to zep' 'Virginia' and all those others that dont turn it off.

The Stairway to Heaven will be open too you, all others will dine in Hades with all the other unbelivers.

It is a Mortal Sin to turn any Led Zeppelin song off no matter how many time you have heard it or are bored with it, they are like National Anthem's, you should never disrespect one. :watchingyou:

Regards, Danny

PS, The Zeppelin Police are everywhere, beware and bewarned. lol

You're taking it too seriously. Lighten up.

Hi 'Electrophile'

Just my humour comming through, but to tell the truth I never turn a Led Zeppelin track off, I dont have a favourite and I love them all. If you do then thats your choice, everyone to their own, buy the way I have heard its quite nice in Hades this time of year. :lol:

Regards, Danny

At this point, I think "Kashmir" is way more overplayed than "Stairway", and it's been that way for almost 20 years. I feel the same way about "Freebird". There was a time it was way overplayed, but now "Sweet Home Alabama" wears that sorry crown.

I played "Do You Feel Like We Do" on a bar jukebox over the weekend. Two people actually went out of their way to compliment my choice. I told them not to get too excited. At two plays for a buck, next up is "Green Grass & High Tides". Time is money folks.

I have a love/hate relationship with STH. I know it's an amazing song, but I am sooooooooooo tired of hearing it. I do tend to skip it more often than play it nowadays.

I quit listening to the radio for a while, and I'd skip over that song alot when I had the CD in, but then I took a vacation and ran out of music when my mp3 player died so I listened to the few CDs I had brought with me and I heard that song again after not listening to it for a good 3 or 4 months... and it was good

• 1 month later...

i here the song play on the radio again i tern it down until the end i don't know why but its a habit as soon as the music picks up it gets turned up but i HATE PEOPLE WHO JUST KNOW ZEPPELIN FOR STAIRWAY i really pisses me off beacuse they think its the best song ever man i could smash the radio over there head even if i say do u like zeppelin if so ill put the c.d on then they say OH MAN YA GOTTA PUT STAIRWAY ON CRANK IT UP MAN i say so u don't know zeppelin hay then they say YES i think get out wanker so i refuse to play it and then no QUATER gets max vol ... so please if you think u know zeppelin its not just that stairway song ok

i here the song play on the radio again i tern it down until the end i don't know why but its a habit as soon as the music picks up it gets turned up but i HATE PEOPLE WHO JUST KNOW ZEPPELIN FOR STAIRWAY i really pisses me off beacuse they think its the best song ever man i could smash the radio over there head even if i say do u like zeppelin if so ill put the c.d on then they say OH MAN YA GOTTA PUT STAIRWAY ON CRANK IT UP MAN i say so u don't know zeppelin hay then they say YES i think get out wanker so i refuse to play it and then no QUATER gets max vol ... so please if you think u know zeppelin its not just that stairway song ok

:blink:

Archived