Least Favorite LZ Studio Album

I didn't really like the last 3 (coda included), only song I like off any of the last 3 albums is Nobody's Fault But Mine, I'm kind of happy the band ended when they did (don't appreciate the circumstances, but I'm glad they didn't turn into the Rolling Stones if you know what I mean :))

I'll have to say Coda, obviously...but if we're going solely on studio albums, as much as I love ITTOD, I love it least of all LZ albums...if Hot Dog and All My Love had been replaced by Ozone Baby, Darlene, Wearing and Tearing, and Fire, it would have been a totally kick ass album...

Let's see... not including TSRTS I'm gonna have to say Presence.

Why would you even consider The Song Remains the Same when you said in the subject line yourself that this thread was devoted only to studio albums? Personally, I wouldn't even put Coda in the running. Not because it's a bad album but because it's a collection of rarities and outtakes released after the fact, not a proper record like the rest of them. With that in mind, my list of favorites to least favorites (at least for today):

Presence

Physical Graffiti

IV

II

Led Zeppelin

Houses of the Holy

In Through the Out Door

III

Presence is my least favourite studio album. Not including Coda - I consider it to be a compilation album, a 'worst of' if you will. :D

From favourite to least favourite:

1. IV

2. Physical Graffiti

3. II

4. III

5. I

6. Houses Of The Holy

7. In Through The Outdoor

8. Presence

Presence is my least favourite studio album. Not including Coda - I consider it to be a compilation album, a 'worst of' if you will. :D

I'm wondering if some folks would have been happier if Coda had never been released? I remember back in that time period my friends and I couldn't wait for it to come out. Is it their best record? Is it what we were expecting? No, but at least they released it when they very well could have kept those songs in the vault.

I'm wondering if some folks would have been happier if Coda had never been released? I remember back in that time period my friends and I couldn't wait for it to come out. Is it their best record? Is it what we were expecting? No, but at least they released it when they very well could have kept those songs in the vault.

Agreed! I LOVE the songs on CODA, but can't compare it to the others because the way it was put together. The extra songs from ITTOD give us a look at where Zep may have been heading at the time. B)

Anybody who says Presence probably never bothered listening to it.

I think that IV is their worst album overall because with the exception of Stairway to Heaven and When the Levee Breaks, and to a far lesser extent Black Dog, every track is mediocre at best. Every other studio album has a higher proportion of brilliantly composed songs, even In Through the Out Door.

none of them (like all of them). :D

R B)

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

I was happy to have Coda because it was "new" in the sense of songs we hadn't heard. I had no expectations of it, other than the excitement of hearing it.

Anybody who says Presence probably never bothered listening to it.

Or maybe they did and still consider it their least favorite. This coming from someone that considers it their favorite.

I think that IV is their worst album overall because with the exception of Stairway to Heaven and When the Levee Breaks, and to a far lesser extent Black Dog, every track is mediocre at best. Every other studio album has a higher proportion of brilliantly composed songs, even In Through the Out Door.

IV may be a bit overexposed since it's the one that includes Stairway but I think the other cuts (particularly The Battle of Evermore) are anything but "mediocre".

I always say this, but I might as well say it again, what the hell--

I don't see the attraction of threads that ask what you like least about the band, or what's the worst track on HOTH, or whatever. Obviously everybody likes some tracks more than others, but there are none I actively dislike. I love this band, I don't want to spend time trying to decide what their worst album is, when it's obviously just "least favorite" and way ahead of most other bands' best albums. And I do listen to and love lots of other bands!

To each his/her own, I guess. :)

I don't see the attraction of threads that ask what you like least about the band, or what's the worst track on HOTH, or whatever. Obviously everybody likes some tracks more than others, but there are none I actively dislike. I love this band, I don't want to spend time trying to decide what their worst album is, when it's obviously just "least favorite" and way ahead of most other bands' best albums. And I do listen to and love lots of other bands!

:gimmefive:

Excellent post!! :D:D:D:)B)B)

Thanks Aqua! :gimmefive:

Generally I like your posts Aqua but I don't understand the problem with this thread. I don't think that I'm talking shit on Led Zeppelin or wasting my time figuring out what a least favorite album is. I said in my FIRST post on this thread that I love the album I chose (Presence)! The tagline also mentions that 'THEY'RE ALL GREAT'. I think your post was a little bit of a overreaction. Take it easy. But to each their own! :rolleyes:

Archived