What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Christ ! Was gonna get a new one this week but will reconsider that now. Did they block it before too much damage was done ? Hope so

Hey Ally - well they just sent the new one in the mail, like they do credit cards when the expiry date's coming up. No financial damage was done - thank God - but I have no idea to what extent my security has been compromised until I talk to them tomorrow. I could need one new card, or someone's getting a house under my name as we speak :( But I think the worst case scenario in all seriousness may be that they got access to other accounts and credit cards so we'll see.

Hey Ally - well they just sent the new one in the mail, like they do credit cards when the expiry date's coming up. No financial damage was done - thank God - but I have no idea to what extent my security has been compromised until I talk to them tomorrow. I could need one new card, or someone's getting a house under my name as we speak :( But I think the worst case scenario in all seriousness may be that they got access to other accounts and credit cards so we'll see.

Not knowing the extent of the security breach is worrying. My card is not expired but the strip is giving me fits at some locations. Thanks for the warning

Changing the oil in my old Malibu I couldn't get the mother&$@#$%^ oil filter off!! :slapface::angry: Finally got it after breaking the plastic filter 'gripper' and had to improvise with the other one that was too big for the filter.

Fortunately, this is the last time I have to do it because I'm selling the old girl soon.

Got home tonight and found out that my refridgerator died. Had to buy ice and put what I could in the ice chest and cook and eat some of the perishables. Good time to throw out some of the items that collect in there. Fortunatly our daughter had moved back in and has a small fridge in storage that we will use till we replace it and I hadn't done any large shopping for the holiday yet. A new one will have to wait until after Christmas.

Got home tonight and found out that my refridgerator died. Had to buy ice and put what I could in the ice chest and cook and eat some of the perishables. Good time to throw out some of the items that collect in there. Fortunatly our daughter had moved back in and has a small fridge in storage that we will use till we replace it and I hadn't done any large shopping for the holiday yet. A new one will have to wait until after Christmas.

Check your HO policy, you might get something to cover the food.

Ours gave us $500 after the storm, worth a try.

my 3 year old's tantrums!!!!

Trust me...you'll wish for your 3 year old's tanttums when they turn into 13 year old tantrums... :lol: I have real time experience...

But I know it's not fun at any age. Sorry man, I feel for ya :D:baby:

Edited by ZoSoDragon

This is your digestive tract's way of saying "hey dummy.....CHANGE YOUR DIET!". Note that your digestive tract is calling you a dummy, not me.

The culprit was a bowl of Plum Tomato & Basil soup i'd had a couple of hours prior.

...Just in case you were wondering.

We had a death in the family that really came as a shock.

I'm so sorry to hear about that. :(

Well, technically this wasn't today, but this past Sunday I heard someone living on the floor above me puking his guts out. I just had to hear it right before I was about to eat lunch. Needless to say I quickly lost my appetite. Ah, the joys of apartment living.

Edited by Zepulon

I got a call from my Dad in WA today. He was having trouble swallowing solid food and finally went to the doctor to have tests done. He was told he has cancer of the esophogas at the point where it connects to the stomach. They will be doing furthur tests to find out how extensive it may be and what way his treatments and/or surgury may go. Puts life in perspective as to what is important.

I got a call from my Dad in WA today. He was having trouble swallowing solid food and finally went to the doctor to have tests done. He was told he has cancer of the esophogas at the point where it connects to the stomach. They will be doing furthur tests to find out how extensive it may be and what way his treatments and/or surgury may go. Puts life in perspective as to what is important.

Very sorry to hear that, ledzepfvr :console: . I hope they caught it early and your dad will be ok.

Very sorry to hear that, ledzepfvr :console: . I hope they caught it early and your dad will be ok.

Thanks Patrycja, for your kind words and I hope too, that they caught it early. He will go back after Thanksgiving to find out more.

Edited by ledzepfvr