What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Don't worry, he is fine Fan_S. I don't think he will change his mind about returning.

Hi ~tangerine~! :wave: Thanks for the info. A mutual friend of ours also assured me of his well-being. I'll still hope for his return. :) He was very jocular.

Book off again Charles ! When he asks why, tell him his motivational speech has left you feeling totally unmotivated <_<

Lol it's funny you should mention that, I ended up taking off Thurs. and today.

Wasn't feeling well so I said to hell with it and stayed in bed to recooperate.

Ah shit. Led Zeppelin I just got eliminated from Phish's Halloween album list. :( I swear they're gonna do Michael Jackson's Thriller. Here's the list of albums left if anyone wants to know:

Prince - Purple Rain

Michael Jackson - Thriller

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Ladyland

David Bowie - Hunky Dory

Yes - The Yes Album

Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

Radiohead - Kid A

King Crimson - Larks' Tongues In Aspic

The Rolling Stones - Exile On Main Street

MGMT - Oracular Spectacular

Let's see...yesterday I came home from work to a mysterious odor downstairs. Smells like someone hung a brand new shower curtain liner in the powder room, only it's a powder room, so no shower/tub. Now the whole downstairs smells like vinyl. <_< Wonder if it's connected to the fact that the fan briefly wouldn't work the other day? (Hope no hidden fan parts are melting and getting ready to burst into flames..odd thing is that the fan wasn't even on, though)

Then late last night, and again this morning, NO HOT WATER :angry: Husband thinks maybe the weird smell and lack of hot water are related :rolleyes: I think we have 2 separate problems (hot water heater blown; and fan motor blown). Had to take a freezing cold shower so that got my morning off to a lovely start..

AND my Hokies lost to UNC last night :slapface:

Let's see...yesterday I came home from work to a mysterious odor downstairs. Smells like someone hung a brand new shower curtain liner in the powder room, only it's a powder room, so no shower/tub. Now the whole downstairs smells like vinyl. dry.gif Wonder if it's connected to the fact that the fan briefly wouldn't work the other day? (Hope no hidden fan parts are melting and getting ready to burst into flames..odd thing is that the fan wasn't even on, though)

Then late last night, and again this morning, NO HOT WATER angry.gif Husband thinks maybe the weird smell and lack of hot water are related rolleyes.gif I think we have 2 separate problems (hot water heater blown; and fan motor blown). Had to take a freezing cold shower so that got my morning off to a lovely start..

AND my Hokies lost to UNC last night slapface.gif

Wow, Virginia! You are having a seriously bad day. I hope that it is getting better.

I think I know about that smell that you are experiencing.

At our old house, our electiric panel (fuse box, without fuses, but with circuit breakers) was in a closet that held our hot water heater, located just off our kitchen. When we had a lot of appliances running, such as stove, oven, washer, dryer, we would smell that smell. It turned out that the amps for the circuit breakers for the kitchen appliances were not high enough to carry the electric load that we were using, and the wires to the breakers were heating up, then shutting off the breakers, so then no electricity. We called an electrician, and he changed the circuit breakers to ones that carried higher amperage, and the problem was fixed. I wonder if your powder room is near your electric panel box, and if your hot water heater had its breaker flipped to the off position? Please have an electrician look at it if it continues so that you won't have an electrical fire at your house.

I feel your pain about the Hokies. I am so sorry that they lost. sad.gif

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

I lost my grandpa last night to emphysema. It was around the same time my grandmother passed last year. Nov 1st. :depressed:

hi BL sorry to hear about your grand father, one of my grandfathers died from the same illness,

not a comfortabe way to go.

My condolences to you and your family.

Charlie

Wow, Virginia! You are having a seriously bad day. I hope that it is getting better.

I think I know about that smell that you are experiencing.

At our old house, our electiric panel (fuse box, without fuses, but with circuit breakers) was in a closet that held our hot water heater, located just off our kitchen. When we had a lot of appliances running, such as stove, oven, washer, dryer, we would smell that smell. It turned out that the amps for the circuit breakers for the kitchen appliances were not high enough to carry the electric load that we were using, and the wires to the breakers were heating up, then shutting off the breakers, so then no electricity. We called an electrician, and he changed the circuit breakers to ones that carried higher amperage, and the problem was fixed. I wonder if your powder room is near your electric panel box, and if your hot water heater had its breaker flipped to the off position? Please have an electrician look at it if it continues so that you won't have an electrical fire at your house.

I feel your pain about the Hokies. I am so sorry that they lost. sad.gif

Thanks :) Hubby was actually right; the heating element on the water heater sparked and blew; causing the smell, which came through the fan ductwork in the powder room. The safety mechanism shut off the water heater before any danger occurred (thank goodness!) and we now have a brand new, larger, water heater :)

I lost my grandpa last night to emphysema. It was around the same time my grandmother passed last year. Nov 1st. :depressed:

My dear Broken Levee, I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved grandfather. :( My prayers and condolences go to you and your family. :(

Thank you ninelives, and eternal light. The viewing is tomorrow. This will be the first time I will see him since he passed. I tried to rush to my dads house last night, hoping I could make it in time to say goodbye. His house is about an hour away, and he had already passed and the funeral home had already taken him when I got there. For some reason, my dad didn't call me until 30 minutes before he passed. <_<

Thank you ninelives, and eternal light. The viewing is tomorrow. This will be the first time I will see him since he passed. I tried to rush to my dads house last night, hoping I could make it in time to say goodbye. His house is about an hour away, and he had already passed and the funeral home had already taken him when I got there. For some reason, my dad didn't call me until 30 minutes before he passed. dry.gif

You can say goodbye to your grandpa in your nightly prayers. It is quite a loss for your dad as well.

Hugs to both of you and wishes for serenity in this time of grief.