What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

I got a call from my Dad in WA today. He was having trouble swallowing solid food and finally went to the doctor to have tests done. He was told he has cancer of the esophogas at the point where it connects to the stomach. They will be doing furthur tests to find out how extensive it may be and what way his treatments and/or surgury may go. Puts life in perspective as to what is important.

My prayers are with you and your family.sad.gifconsole.gif

It may have been acid reflux that caused it, was he on Nexium?

I'm on it even though I never had acid reflux because it helps with a lot of other ailments, I was taking Maalox and Milk of magnesia and it was tearing me up.

I finally got my Nexium script refilled and over night it was like night and day.

I hope everything works out for him, maybe a resection is in store if it hasn't spread much.

Yes it does give one a whole new perspective on a lot of things.

My prayers are with you and your family.sad.gifconsole.gif

It may have been acid reflux that caused it, was he on Nexium?

I'm on it even though I never had acid reflux because it helps with a lot of other ailments, I was taking Maalox and Milk of magnesia and it was tearing me up.

I finally got my Nexium script refilled and over night it was like night and day.

I hope everything works out for him, maybe a resection is in store if it hasn't spread much.

Yes it does give one a whole new perspective on a lot of things.

Thanks Charles. When he went he thought they would be telling him something like acid reflux and was blind sided when they told him cancer. I wish I lived closer to him because I could tell he was scared not knowing what may happen. I may be taking a trip up there soon when he knows more.

My daughters best friend from childhood , a neighbor and one of my girls scouts when I was a leader was in a motorcycle accident the day before Thanksgiving. She broke her back and collar bone. We were giving thanks that she is still alive and not paralysed yesterday.

I hate posting in this thread.

My daughters best friend from childhood , a neighbor and one of my girls scouts when I was a leader was in a motorcycle accident the day before Thanksgiving. She broke her back and collar bone. We were giving thanks that she is still alive and not paralysed yesterday.

Wow - :console: yet again, ledzepfvr. She's in my thoughts for a full recovery.

Sorry to hear that, they say tragedies come in 3's hopefully everyone gets through the holidaysconsole.gif

Thanks guys.. we went to see her on Thanksgiving and she will be fine but it will be a long while for recovery. She had surgury to have several pins and rods and a couple of fusions right after the accident and will have another to fix her collar bone tomarrow.

My daughter was laid off from her job and Wednesday was her last day. She had been managing a video store for 5 years and they closed down the store. She packed it up and went down with the ship, as she says. Its a dying business with the Red Box and Net Flix. Hopefully, Dzldoc, that is the 3rd thing on the list of what can go wrong in life and nothing else will happen.

Stepdad (age 87) has been diagnosed with a fractured hip after he fell off the x-ray table while in the hospital. WTF?? :slapface:

Fortunately his blood is no longer toxic, though he got staph from his dialysis cath. Hospitals. Run me over with a bus when my time comes, please! Can I sign a DNR here?

Stepdad (age 87) has been diagnosed with a fractured hip after he fell off the x-ray table while in the hospital. WTF?? :slapface:

Fortunately his blood is no longer toxic, though he got staph from his dialysis cath. Hospitals. Run me over with a bus when my time comes, please! Can I sign a DNR here?

:console: So sorry to hear that. It's really awful how many people end up with worse medical issues once they get to the hospital than the initial reason they're admitted :( Thinking good thoughts for you and your family xxx

Edited by ninelives

Thanks 9 and Fan_S. My mom fell again today. I've flown out here from Wisconsin to give her a shoulder to lean on, but I go back on Tuesday. It's been 3 weeks and I need to take care of business back there. I need to go home and be with Angi. Fortunately, mom's daughtr in law has arranged to stay here through Xmas. So that's good as she will be staying with mom and can look after her. Sucks like hell when your parents get fragile though. Half of me wants to flee the constant hospital visits and be with Angi, the other wants to hold my mom's hand. It's the worst. It fucking sucks.

Thanks 9 and Fan_S. My mom fell again today. I've flown out here from Wisconsin to give her a shoulder to lean on, but I go back on Tuesday. It's been 3 weeks and I need to take care of business back there. I need to go home and be with Angi. Fortunately, mom's daughtr in law has arranged to stay here through Xmas. So that's good as she will be staying with mom and can look after her. Sucks like hell when your parents get fragile though. Half of me wants to flee the constant hospital visits and be with Angi, the other wants to hold my mom's hand. It's the worst. It fucking sucks.

Yes it does suck :console: I wish I had some magical words to make it easier. One day at a time. I'm glad her daughter in law will be there through Christmas so she will have some care.

You're welcome, Evster. I'm sorry. :( My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Thank goodness for your mom's daughter-in-law. :)

PS: Veddy noice to see you posting here again! :yesnod::beer:

Thanks, and veddy noice to see you too! :D

And yes Charles, enough of 09! :beer:

9, you know how it goes. Luv ya!

Sorry Evster to hear of your troubles. I will send good vibes to you and Charles for better times. Tomarrow I'm shopping with my daughter for donations to an adopt-a-family for Christmas, hoping it will snap me out of my pity party. I haven't told my daughter yet about her grandpa as loosing her job and the accident was too much to handle all at once. When I know more later I will tell her.

2010 WILL be a better year for all.

Thanks guys.. we went to see her on Thanksgiving and she will be fine but it will be a long while for recovery. She had surgury to have several pins and rods and a couple of fusions right after the accident and will have another to fix her collar bone tomarrow.

My daughter was laid off from her job and Wednesday was her last day. She had been managing a video store for 5 years and they closed down the store. She packed it up and went down with the ship, as she says. Its a dying business with the Red Box and Net Flix. Hopefully, Dzldoc, that is the 3rd thing on the list of what can go wrong in life and nothing else will happen.

One door closing for another to open is something that has happened to me on many an occasion. I really hope this leads to a better opportunity for your daughter, ledzepfvr. And good to hear that her friend is on the mend, even though it'll be a long recovery. I can't imagine what she must be going through, but hope she finds some comfort in the strong support she is getting.

Evster I hope your parents get the care they need (perhaps outside of a hospital?? geez!). My grandmother has gone through what you describe with your Mum and the experience was pretty harrowing. Hang in there and may things turn for the better for you and your family.

Seems 09 has been an especially bad year for so manyohmy.gif hopefully 2010 will be the beginning of better timesyesnod.gifbeer.gif

People who lament about getting older don't know what they're saying. Here's to new happy and healthy beginnings to you and yours, Dzldoc!