Here we go again

FullyLedded

"Led Zeppelin and Abba combined could rival him".

Abba, I have NEVER understood this phenomenon. :blink:

As for Zep, dream on. But we might as well start the cajoling now, right? "C'mon Robert, duty calls, it is a limited run after all, no travelling involved, you could get us all of your back, finally have enough good shows recorded to put together a really good dvd, make a tidy sum, whaddaya say, it'd be pretty sweeeet, don't ya think?"

"Led Zeppelin and Abba combined could rival him".

Abba, I have NEVER understood this phenomenon. :blink:

As for Zep, dream on. But we might as well start the cajoling now, right? "C'mon Robert, duty calls, it is a limited run after all, no travelling involved, you could get us all of your back, finally have enough good shows recorded to put together a really good dvd, make a tidy sum, whaddaya say, it'd be pretty sweeeet, don't ya think?"

Abba have already said no

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090704/ap_en_mu/us_jackson_abba

...The idea of compassion/charity work in support of Michael Jackson's memory appeals to me, as it was before, and I would say this is the greatest need now to truly respect Michael in any way anybody can...this is just my initial thought... :)

Opening/Closing - Shows with various musicians gathered together would be great idea...just thinking...

...The idea of compassion/charity work in support of Michael Jackson's memory appeals to me, as it was before, and I would say this is the greatest need now to truly respect Michael in any way anybody can...this is just my initial thought... :)

Opening/Closing - Shows with various musicians gathered together would be great idea...just thinking...

no....respect of peds is wrong.

Steve Winwood and Eric Clapton are all warmed up and could be ready to go as they just completed their month long US tour, which was fantastic. :)

No surprises here that Zeppelin was offered the gig. They and they ALONE could fill those dates. Abba who? They wouldn't even need a second act.

From a logistics point of view it makes sense, and Jimmy and Jason would be down, Robert and John Paul that's another story. :( My wish is that they would at least listen to the offer. You never know....

Strange the company thinks that combined both Abba and Zep could rival Jacko, didn't betwwen one and twenty million go for the Zep tickets 2 yrs ago ?? that would easily fill the 50 nights and if Abba were to they could fill the 50 nights on their own too...anyway a load of old bollocks fron The Sun as usual.

If it hasn't happened yet, it will. It makes total sense.

...it does, any contribution from Led Zeppelin would certainly be a plus for Band's Legacy and certainly strengthens ties with musicians regardless of their differences...

I like the idea BuckE...presented, availability of Clapton/Winwod, it would be great for any Led Zep contribution..... :D :D

addendum - There are no "Benefits" here, obviously, there is no harm either...I think given the projects Jimmy chosen to involve himself so far, socially speaking, ...the fans will love to see him in this "Big Project" - Great benefit to Zep Legacy and immense honor for Page :D

Pardon my naivete, of which I have an abundance... but I couldn't grasp the quantity of concerts Michael Jackson was supposedly scheduled to perform in London. Was he that popular to the good people of the UK and of Europe that the venue would have consistently sold out? I was befuddled from the get go when this was first announced.

Pardon my naivete, of which I have an abundance... but I couldn't grasp the quantity of concerts Michael Jackson was supposedly scheduled to perform in London. Was he that popular to the good people of the UK and of Europe that the venue would have consistently sold out? I was befuddled from the get go when this was first announced.

Apparently, yes. And there would have been not only people from UK and European who would go to the shows. I personally know loads of people from China and Japan who booked tickets. And I guess there are fans from the other continents too,

Apparently, yes. And there would have been not only people from UK and European who would go to the shows. I personally know loads of people from China and Japan who booked tickets. And I guess there are fans from the other continents too,

I know two people who were due to see him as well.

With regards to the Sun - meh. This kind of speculation is what the Sun thrives on. They're kind of like TMZ, only with boobs.

With no disrespect to MJ, I can hardly see him being the reason that they'd reunite for a concert.

..tks glicine...I totally not considered this possibility...Yes, the South East Asia audience are just great in numbers for Michael and Led Zep (There were audience from 50 countries for reunion).... :D :D

"So this guy died and we got stuck with this hall to fill for 50 nights, we reckon you might just be able to sell enough tix if you alternate with this 80s band most people these days know through a musical, how about it? We don't know who else to ask and we wanna make up the loot somehow!"

Mmmmm, tempting! :rolleyes:

I think his popularity was that massive worldwide so it wasn't a surprise to me anyways, that he sold out that many dates.

Archived