Robert Plant awarded CBE

Mr E

From Telegraph.co.uk

plant_1441180c.jpg

Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant awarded CBE by Prince of Wales

Former Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant denied he was now part of the establishment after being awarded a CBE by the Prince of Wales at Buckingham Palace.

Plant said the experience was humbling to take part in a ceremony alongside "very selfless" military heroes and community volunteers.

With his long hair tied into a ponytail and wearing a simple blue suit and a handful of heavy silver rings giving away his rock roots, he denied that the award meant he was now part of the establishment.

"The diversity of people who have moved through here this morning prove there is no real establishment here," he added.

Plant last year decided not to take part in a Led Zeppelin reunion tour, choosing instead to concentrate on his collaboration with American bluegrass singer Alison Krauss.

Asked today if he would ever return to the stage with his old band-mates, he said: "Sometimes I go a bit deaf in either ear, especially when people are talking nonsense."

He said that he owed "everything to the musicians I work with", adding: "From the UK to Africa to Tennessee, it is their brilliance that I bounce off. Alone I'm nothing."

He also joked that he and former Zeppelin band-mate Jimmy Page - who has an OBE - would not be fighting over rank.

"If we can remember each other's phone number at this time in life it's a miracle. We're still good friends, we both enjoy a rather dark sense of humour that comes I think from being from rather the wrong side of the tracks for all those wild years."

plant220_1441171f.jpg

Edited by Mr E

Asked today if he would ever return to the stage with his old band-mates, he said: "Sometimes I go a bit deaf in either ear, especially when people are talking nonsense."

hmm i guess he's referring to the reunion reports going on now abt led zep playing again at o2 etc..

*sigh*

nyway congrats robert!!i just hope it will happen one day....all of us who were born a bit too late to see them deserve one chance!!!

Edited by sbaur9

"If we can remember each other's phone number at this time in life it's a miracle. We're still good friends, we both enjoy a rather dark sense of humour that comes I think from being from rather the wrong side of the tracks for all those wild years."

Sounds like they don't call each other quite often..... :(

42 years after their 1st report on Mr Plant the Express and Star still thinks he's newsworthy..front page headlines-

plantobe001.jpg

Thank you Blocoboy for keeping track of His Journey....Indeed he is worthy of every attention...fine artist and man of conviction, for that he is loved world over...

He said that he owed "everything to the musicians I work with", adding: "From the UK to Africa to Tennessee, it is their brilliance that I bounce off. Alone I'm nothing."

...Alone I commenced my journey, people moved along, caravan formed......

If Robert continues with this distinguished look, he could be in Patrick MacNee (The Avengers as John Steed/Spinal Tap as Sir Denis Eton-Hogg) territory before long. I vote Robert Plant for King of England!

Sounds like they don't call each other quite often..... :(

He's just joking, I think.

Congratulations Robert.. Well deserved! nice photo with his family :)

9364865.jpg

http://www.mywire.com/a/AP/Robert-Plant-ho...31?&pbl=251

Edited by Coda.S