Robert Plant awarded CBE

Mr E

From Wiki:

Order of the British Empire

The Most Excellent Order of the British Empire is a British order of chivalry established on 4 June 1917 by King George V. The Order includes five classes in civil and military divisions. In decreasing order of seniority, these are:

* Knight Grand Cross (GBE) or Dame Grand Cross (GBE)

* Knight Commander (KBE) or Dame Commander (DBE)

* Commander (CBE)

* Officer (OBE)

* Member (MBE)

Only the two highest ranks entail admission into knighthood, an honour allowing the recipient to use the title "Sir" (male) or "Dame" (female) before his or her first name.

A Notable member of the KBE's is Bob Geldof (1986, Ireland).

This link features brief interview footage with Robert after the event on Friday.

At about :09 sec in...Logan can be seen snapping a photo of Carmen (in the left background) while Robert is speaking.

At the finish, the reporter asks him what the highlight of his career might be... :slapface:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/showbiz-and-l...91466-24130760/

Too bad the Queen was not presenting Robert with the honor, but do you think he would have given her that Percy charm- the infamous eye and smile he's known to give most women when he makes their acquaintance?

Too bad the Queen was not presenting Robert with the honor, but do you think he would have given her that Percy charm- the infamous eye and smile he's known to give most women when he makes their acquaintance?

Why not.... all the groupies Robert plundered back in the day could easily be Grand-Mothers ... by Now ! :P

As I've stated previously, Plant cleans up quite well. He's just about too damn cool for his own good.

What a fabulous honor. The family portrait is simply outstanding! Well deserved, congratulations!

I do hope the bass/keyboard player will receive a similar recognition at some point in time....

This link features brief interview footage with Robert after the event on Friday.

At about :09 sec in...Logan can be seen snapping a photo of Carmen (in the left background) while Robert is speaking.

At the finish, the reporter asks him what the highlight of his career might be... :slapface:

Well, this is a great interview! :)

Thanks for sharing.

Prince Charles' mother is Queen Elizabeth.

Perhaps he was simply following a customary protocol or maybe she was previously engaged.

Or maybe he just wanted to meet Robert Plant.

Or maybe he wanted to spare her the embarrassing remarks like those that were made in the press by the rock and roll public when she met Jimmy Page and Brian May and did not seem to recognize who they were. They learn quickly in Buckingham Palace not to make the same mistake twice.

Buckingham Palace has been presenting awards for quite some time now. This ceremony was meant to convey honor and not to humiliate anyone.

I am certain that they know what they are doing.

Buckingham Palace is somewhat of a high profile public environment in many ways.

They are very aware of the value of courtesy and the image they portray of themselves to the press.

Like my boyfriend said to me once, be nice to my Mom, please.

And of course I promised him that I would.

Is the Prince standing on a box??? :lol:
:P Exactly the same thought, Evster! :thumbsup: and :cheer: to Robert, both him and his family look happy and well, which makes us fans happy too.

His recent "old age" jokes make me smile each time because old age and Robert do not quite "come together" in my head ;)

Thanks for the news and photoes, to Glicine especially.

Friday, July 10, 2009

Robert Plant speaks upon presentation of British rank

Let the record show that the British Empire rank Plant received today is higher than the one awarded to Page on Dec. 14, 2005

Another fine example of Robert standing on Jimmy's chest, keeping the man down. :(

Friday, July 10, 2009

Let the record show that the British Empire rank Plant received today is higher than the one awarded to Page on Dec. 14, 2005

Another fine example of Robert standing on Jimmy's chest, keeping the man down. :(

Yeah, nobody's fault but his. <_<

Friday, July 10, 2009

That is not a direct quote from Robert Plant.

It was merely stated in the Lemon Squeezings blog in summary, not meant to diminish Jimmy Page's contributions in any way.

Robert Plant's CBE award simply recognizes his services to music. He has been active in charitable concerns, as has Jimmy Page.

lemonsqueezings.blogspot.com/2009/07/robert-plant-speaks-upon-presentation

But, Plant joked he and Page would not be fighting over rank, even though Plant's new Commander of the British Empire is a higher honor than Page's Order of the British Empire. "If we can remember each other's phone number at this time in life it's a miracle," he joked. "We're still good friends, we both enjoy a rather dark sense of humor that comes, I think, from being from rather the wrong side of the tracks for all those wild years."

antimusic.com/news/09/july/13Robert_Plant_Royally_Honored

This is soooooo not Rock-N-Roll......

If not, what it is? :D

Does not seem to be that big of a deal to him, anyway. I'm sure he learned to take it all easy by now.

And, besides, Mr. Plant had never confined himself to any particular music trend, that's what some of us are still to learn. ;)

Hey, another bit of news I missed...well done Plant! And belated congrats to Pagey as well! I suppose if I was younger I might spout off about this "not being rock n roll", but hey, at this late date, whatever achievements the band members acrue is alright by me. Especially when you consider they got practically zero recognition in the 70's by the music establishment.

Now how about one for JPJ?!?

Archived