Five (5) Famous People Ever...

lzzoso

5.)Alec Baldwin

Hi Deborah J, my first cousin's wife is friends with Alec. They met at the fitness club she belongs to. They have lunch together sometimes and Alec has invited her to celebrity events. She has declined to go to them so far. My cousin seems okay with the friendship, but last time i saw her at a family dinner, and asked her about him, she changed the subject until my cousin left the room. Then she was all excited to talk about him :) According to her, he doesn't live up to his bad reputation.

Hi Tangerine, sorry i took so long to reply, i was thinking of ending it but i have now had second thoughts, you have been reprieved. ;) (Like i would ever think of finishing it with you? :console:)

Very Kind Regards, Danny

PS, "Bono"=YUCK. :thumbdown:

Hi Danny, when it's over, a Leo usually doesn't go back... but since it seems jealousy got in the way, i will forgive you :) Glad we're back together icon4.gif... don't worry, i won't ask you to share Bono with me...

Hi Deborah J, my first cousin's wife is friends with Alec. They met at the fitness club she belongs to. They have lunch together sometimes and Alec has invited her to celebrity events. She has declined to go to them so far. My cousin seems okay with the friendship, but last time i saw her at a family dinner, and asked her about him, she changed the subject until my cousin left the room. Then she was all excited to talk about him :) According to her, he doesn't live up to his bad reputation.

Hello tangerine!

I have always thought he is one of the finest actors. He has always picked very smart parts. He's very political and I have always wanted to sit with him and talk. I always thought he was interesting.

On a side note he was also extremely easy on the eyes:-)

Hello tangerine!

I have always thought he is one of the finest actors. He has always picked very smart parts. He's very political and I have always wanted to sit with him and talk. I always thought he was interesting.

On a side note he was also extremely easy on the eyes:-)

I agree with you, he is intelligent and interesting. Also very humorous, too. If you plan to be in NYC in the future, maybe i can find out the name of that fitness club :)

edit for spelling

Edited by ~tangerine~

Hi Danny, when it's over, a Leo usually doesn't go back... but since it seems jealousy got in the way, i will forgive you :) Glad we're back together icon4.gif... don't worry, i won't ask you to share Bono with me...

Hi Tangerine,

Didnt know you were watching, or listerning, you CIA or something? :lol:

Jealousy, Na

Jea-lousy, Probably :P

We were never apart really, but i will ask you to share a "Bonio" with me, Woof Woof. :lol:

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, and Lions always return to their Kill. ;)

I suggest a twist to this. Not only post who, but why!

1. Albert Einstein. He was my father's idol. My dad was a quantum physicist. I would want to ask him what he thinks about string theory, and the advances in quarks, spin, etc, that have happened in physics since he died, and what he'd think of Hawking and Penrose's singularity theory.

2. Jimmy Page. Aw just to say I did! If you need an explaination, just read my last three million posts! :lol:

3. Marisa Tomei. In a dark room with lots of nakedness and no rules.

4. Judas Iscariot. I'd like his view on the sacrifice of Jesus if he hadn't blown the whistle. Peter denied Jesus three times. Judas made the miracle possible.

5. Myself in a parallel universe where I was hugely successful and happy, so I could ask what I should do differently. :lol:

Existential Blues indeed!! :beer:

1. Jimmy Page

2. John Lennon

3. Robert Plant

4. Jimi Hendrix

5. Paul McCartney

6. Elvis Presley

7. George Harrison

8. Branimir Johnny Stulic

9. Ringo Starr

10. Eric Clapton

This is how it looks now... Ahh all musicians. :) Besides this list I would like to meet Albert Einstein, William Shakespeare, Jim Morrison, Ritchie Blackmore, Ludwig Van Beethoven, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Gandhi, Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, Mel Gibson, Johnny Depp, john Paul Jones, John Bonham, Michael Jackson, Tony Iommi, Ian Gillan and many more.

It only makes sense to me to want to meet people who are still alive.

You can only dream about what it would be like to meet those who are deceased.

My top five, in order.

1. Paul McCartney (my dream ever since second grade)

2. Jimmy Page

3. Eric Clapton (I actually have a chance for this one, since he has a residence in Columbus)

4. George W. Bush (I would like to tell him how much I appreciated him)

5. Stephen Hawking (it would be a very intresting conversation, to say the least)

I am editing to change number 5 from Stephen Hawking to Ross Halfin.

I like his sarcastic humour and his wit, demonstrated in his blog, and he knows alot of musicians whom he could introduce me to, including Jimmy. Ross seems to be a person that I would like alot and who I could have alot of interesting conversations with. He is intelligent, well-read, artistic, very opinionated, and worldly, being a world traveler. He's very intriguing to me. I would like to meet him.

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

I'll take that challenge:

(Reasons in red)

Alive

Keith Richards-Frankly,I think he's the coolest motherfucker to ever walk the planet,and I just want to thank him for being such a positive influence in my life.He showed me how important-and easy- it is to not give a shit what people think.

Howard Stern-I've been listening to him since I was 12 years old (except for a brief period when he went to New York) and I'm inspired by his drive and determination to be number one.I'm not a fanboy,he's said a lot of things that I didn't like,or agree with,but I still think he's the best at what he does.

Robin Quivers--She has the balls to take on all comers,critics,and anyone else who dares to question her on any major decisions she's made in her life.She's strong,proud,and has an opinion-and isn't afraid to share it.She's suffered her share of trauma,and has emerged victorious.(plus,she's from Baltimore.B) )

Artie Lange He's an inspiration to me,because he's fighting similar battles,and winning.He makes me laugh,makes me think,and makes me nod knowingly...plus,he's funny as shit.

Gary Dell'Abate I want to thank him for being so good at what he does that he makes it seem so easy,he's the backbone of the Howard Stern Show,and even Howard would say so (off-air :P )

Dead

John Belushi What can I say about John?For starters.....thanks.Thanks for showing me what the phrase "Belly laugh" really means.....thanks for showing me how much power an eyebrow can really have......thanks for showing me how easy it can be to laugh at yourself...and thanks for showing me what drugs can do;ensuring I would never fuck with them....RIP Jake.....America's guest.

Richard Pryor-I want to tell him how much one little bit on one record changed my life.It happened when I was at a crossroads in my life,and Richard helped push me in the right direction...we're all the same inside

Johnny Unitas-In the dictionary under the phrase "standup guy" there should be a picture of Johnny U.For putting the NFL on the map,for giving the people of Baltimore,Maryland something to be proud of-even now,for standing beside his adopted hometown,even as our team was being stolen from us,and for telling the Irsays (In his own way) to fuck off.You'll always be a Baltimore Colt,Johnny,no matter what the Indy "Colts" try to say about it.

Chuck Thompson-For bringing the games of football (Baltimore Colts ) and baseball (Baltimore Orioles) to life via radio,making this kid feel like he was at Memorial Stadium,with seats behind home plate.....thanks to you,I'm a lifelong fan.....ain't the beer cold.B)

Sam Kinison-Thanks for showing me that anger is not a bad thing and can be pretty goddamn funny

If you could meet any Five (5) famous people of all-time, who would you choose? Anyone? Anybody?

This is my original list and the first post of this topic. To add to the spin of why we would like to meet these people, I will keep my five plus my five alternates and briefly explain why.

My Five (5) would be (in order):

1. Jimmy Page: Simply put, for being the greatest and most fascinating musician of all-time. I would like to shake his hand and just say, "THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL THE GREAT MUSIC YOU HAVE GIVEN THE WORLD!!!"

2. Robert Plant: For pretty much the same reason I just gave about Pagey only as the greatest singer of all-time.

3. John Paul Jones: For being the greatest and most "under-rated" musician of all-time. Without his contributions, LZ would be a completely different band. Shake his hand as well.

4. John Bonham: Bonzo was the ultimate family man and rock and roller. Shake his hand and buy HIM a beer (or 12). New Castle Brown Ale or Ballantines for Bonzo, great American Budweiser for me!

5. Robert DeNiro: Bobby D. The Jimmy Page of Hollywood. The greatest and most fascinating actor of all-time. Just like Jimmy, very guarded and private about his personal life. One of my dreams would be to get Mr. Page and Mr. DeNiro in a room together now and interview both of them and see how these two "living legends" would interact among each other. Who knows, maybe they are already friends?

My alternates would be:

6. Al Pacino: Big AL. "Attica, Attica". Second greatest actor of all-time! How about this? Jimmy, Bobby D. and Big AL in a room together. Even better.

7. Richard Pryor: If this man cannot make you laugh, something must be wrong with you. I love him for his brutal and honest stand up comedy he gave. Was not afraid to make fun of himself or his lifestyle. Cocaine and all. Remember LZ's "For Your Life", "Try it, Fry it..." Well, Richard tried it, fried it and did it every which way and still lived to joke about it. A master. RIP...

8. John Belushi: An American legend. SNL., Animal House, Blues Brothers. There is alot more to say but what's the point. John did and lived it all.

9. Constance Marie (the Beautiful wife on the George Lopez Show): If you have seen the George Lopez show and know who I am talking about, then you should know why I picked her. She is funny and one of the most beautiful women in history.

10. Peter Grant: the Man who Led Zeppelin. Simple as that.

Those No Longer Living:

1.) Jesus

2.) King Author

3.) JFK

4.) Albert Einstein

5.) Bonzo

Alive:

1.)RP,JP,JPJ (I know that's 3 but..)

2.)Al Pacino

3.)Kevin Spacey

4.)Gerard Butler

5.)Alec Baldwin

Interesting you listed Pacino Spacey & Baldwin: you probably know they've done at least 2 movies togther: Glengarry Glen Ross (I'm not sure I spelled that correctly)

and Looking For Richard. Both are very interesting!

Lady, we can agree on the Robert coming to play statement:-)!!!!

Yeah, I'd sure love it if he parked his cowboy boots under my bed!

But unfortunately I don't have that effect on men.

Maybe in another life, if I come back looking like Liv Tyler & singing like Grace Potter or Etta James. I'm afraid if I got the chance I might tie him up so he couldn't get away-poor Percy! :D

1. Albert Einstein. He was my father's idol. My dad was a quantum physicist. I would want to ask him what he thinks about string theory, and the advances in quarks, spin, etc, that have happened in physics since he died, and what he'd think of Hawking and Penrose's singularity theory.

2. Jimmy Page. Aw just to say I did! If you need an explaination, just read my last three million posts! :lol:

3. Marisa Tomei. In a dark room with lots of nakedness and no rules.

4. Judas Iscariot. I'd like his view on the sacrifice of Jesus if he hadn't blown the whistle. Peter denied Jesus three times. Judas made the miracle possible.

5. Myself in a parallel universe where I was hugely successful and happy, so I could ask what I should do differently. :lol:

Existential Blues indeed!! :beer:

Boy, I wish I'd thought of your #5. I need that too!

As to your #4, have you seen or read The Last Temptation of Christ? If not I'd recommend it.

Edited by ZeppyNetters

Boy, I wish I'd thought of your #5. I need that too!

As to your #4, have you seen or read The Last Temptation of Christ? If not I'd recommend it.

Yes. I've seen it many times since the day it came out. Even saw it on acid waaaay back in 1989 (don't ask me why)! Let's just say Martin Scorcese, a great film maker, took some liberties! :beer:

I just don't but the churchs' scorn of Judas. I think he was the closest of Jesus' Apostles. If you believe in the Gospel, it was Judas who made it all possible. No kiss, no crucifix. No crucifix, no sacrifice. No sacrifice, no salvation.

1. Jimmy Page

2. John Lennon

3. Robert Plant

4. Jimi Hendrix

5. Paul McCartney

6. Elvis Presley

7. George Harrison

8. Branimir Johnny Stulic

9. Ringo Starr

10. Eric Clapton

This is how it looks now... Ahh all musicians. :) Besides this list I would like to meet Albert Einstein, William Shakespeare, Jim Morrison, Ritchie Blackmore, Ludwig Van Beethoven, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Gandhi, Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, Mel Gibson, Johnny Depp, john Paul Jones, John Bonham, Michael Jackson, Tony Iommi, Ian Gillan and many more.

I'd love to meet McCartney too. Even though I don't listen to his music as often as other people's these days, I've listened to the Beatles since I was a kid, so I feel like he's been more of a lifelong influence. And he just seems like such a great guy; brilliant and funny but also very down to earth, which I find so amazing, after he's been subjected to probably the most intense fame/fan hysteria there's ever been. I think I'd be the most famestruck by meeting McCartney of anyone. I'm imagining myself just staring at him, bug-eyed, with a goofy grin.

Yes. I've seen it many times since the day it came out. Even saw it on acid waaaay back in 1989 (don't ask me why)! Let's just say Martin Scorcese, a great film maker, took some liberties! :beer:

I just don't but the churchs' scorn of Judas. I think he was the closest of Jesus' Apostles. If you believe in the Gospel, it was Judas who made it all possible. No kiss, no crucifix. No crucifix, no sacrifice. No sacrifice, no salvation.

I read the book too, but unfortunately when it comes to books I've read, I've forgotten everything in them. Not exagerrating. I can't even remember the names of the books I've read! Movies & music I remember. Actually that's when I became a big PG fan, when I heard the music from LToC.

That is an incredible CD (Passion)!

I was pretty obsesssed with Harvey Keitel for a while. I remember a couple anecdotes about the making of LToC. One was that MS locked himself in a trailer for a week and did cocaine (if so, you were not the only one high!). Another was when they filmed the scene at the end, when Judas/Harvey gave the big speech to Jesus (that he let everyone down, etc.), Scorsese, not Dafoe, was lying on the rug thingy on the floor, so Harvey could say it to him.

Edited by ZeppyNetters

I read the book too, but unfortunately when it comes to books I've read, I've forgotten everything in them. Not exagerrating. I can't even remember the names of the books I've read! Movies & music I remember. Actually that's when I became a big PG fan, when I heard the music from LToC.

That is an incredible CD (Passion)!

LToC? Sorry, I'm tired.

Edited by Evster2012