Five (5) Famous People Ever...

lzzoso

Abe Lincoln

John F. Kennedy

Martin Luther King

John Lennon

Barack Hussein Obama

Reminds me of an old tune..."Cuz if my eyes don't deceive me,there's somethin' goin' wrong around here,'round here"

I find YOUR list rather disturbing.

I'm thinking that you're toting a shotgun to this meeting. :o

Nope, just a beer....

...and maybe a pie.

What kinda pie?

Raison?

KeyLime?

Chocolate Cream

I know...the good old fashioned Apple Pie a la mode!

If ya can't beat em,join em....I love your spirit Del!!!!

Where's that Obama banner you're supposed to be flying?

As a conservative, you should respect your Commander In Cheif! ;)

What kinda pie?

Raison?

KeyLime?

Chocolate Cream

I know...the good old fashioned Apple Pie a la mode!

If ya can't beat em,join em....I love your spirit Del!!!!

political-pictures-barack-obama-pie1.jpg

He could use some "humble pie." But he looks like a sweet potato pie guy to me.

Where's that Obama banner you're supposed to be flying?

As a conservative, you should respect your Commander In Cheif! ;)

That banner flew for two months. Although in a better place.

Too bad that Hermit got shown the door.

.... and just about everyone else for that matter.

So how is that you and I are still here?

Delbamasig.jpg

not necessarily in order:

1. John Lennon

2. John Trudell

3. Peter Gabriel

4. I technically already "met" John Hiatt at an instore, but that was just a moment: I'd like to be able to meet him again and talk to him at length more casually. Like over pie & coffee ("how bad's the coffee, how good's the pie?":).

5. Buddha

1. Robert Plant

2. David Coverdale

3. Vince Neil

4. Wayne and Garth (And there lovely friends ;) )

5. Tetsuya Nomura

For the guys in bands, I would love to meet the whole band along with them, of course :rolleyes: . And I want to meet the Japanese artist/video game artist so I could tell him what a great artist he is and what an inspiration he is (And I would love some pointers!) And Wayne and Garth just cause they are such loveable characters they are :lol:

not necessarily in order:

1. John Lennon

2. John Trudell

3. Peter Gabriel

4. I technically already "met" John Hiatt at an instore, but that was just a moment: I'd like to be able to meet him again and talk to him at length more casually. Like over pie & coffee ("how bad's the coffee, how good's the pie?":).

5. Buddha

Man-I am really having a hard time w/Robert Plant not being on the list-maybe I should scratch Buddha off! Can I cheat and meet Peter Gabriel & Robert Plant together at a Womad event or something? Or Hiatt & Plant together for coffee, tea & pie (reminiscent of MC Carpenter's song, I Feel Lucky: John Hiatt's "in the corner, trying to catch my eye", Robert Plant "is right beside me with his hand upon my thigh")? Actually I've always thought it would be fun to take a road trip w/Planty: he could yap at me (re his encyclopedic music knowledge-I find even his speaking voice intoxicating, so I'd have to be careful driving:) and we could play each other our favorite cds as I drive. And in between stop to see a few attractions featured on Rare Visions and Roadside Revelations (public tv program). Hiatt would make for an unforgettable road trip as well.

At least only 2 of my 5 are quite dead, so there's hope of actually meeting some!

:coffee:

Coolest famous people I've ever met:

1. Fred Astaire

2. Tommy Lee

3. Paul Stanley

4. Ed Van Halen

5. Geddy Lee

(actually Ed Van Halen was kind of an asshole. Notice I didn't put Gene Simmons on the list. Met him too many times too add to the fame he's heaped on himself.)

I'd rather talk about how cool Zakk Wilde is. And I should mention Graham Bonnet and Ronnie Dio. Guys you'd really like to have a beer with!

:o:o:o

Wow. Evster, you've actually met Fred Astaire! I'd love to know the story on that!! I've loved Fred Astaire since I was a little kid.

Wow. Evster, you've actually met Fred Astaire! I'd love to know the story on that!! I've loved Fred Astaire since I was a little kid.

So would I! Wow! Lucia (JAL) and I have just been discussing him this past week and his similiarities with Jimmy.

I did get to meet Ginger Rogers when she signed her book at the Coop in Boston and gave her one of my drawings of her in one of her regular dresses in Shall We Dance, which she said, "Oh, I loved that dress." and took it.

So would I! Wow! Lucia (JAL) and I have just been discussing him this past week and his similiarities with Jimmy.

I did get to meet Ginger Rogers when she signed her book at the Coop in Boston and gave her one of my drawings of her in one of her regular dresses in Shall We Dance, which she said, "Oh, I loved that dress." and took it.

Me too, me too! Story please, Ev!! :D

Whoa, that's so awesome you got to meet Ginger Rogers, aen! That's cool that she was so nice. Aww, I love Fred and Ginger! I actually took up tap last year after watching a bunch of theirs and Gene Kelly's movies. Of course, I quit around finals week in December because I had too much to do, but I'm going to start up again as soon as the fall classes begin. Um, not to get off track or anything...

Bono (meet/marry) :)

John Lennon

George Harrison

Robert Plant

Clint Eastwood

Hi Tangerine, what no Jimmy?

You and me are sooooooo finnished Babe!!! ;)

My list of 5 famous pepole i would like to meet is as follows.

1. Sherlock Holmes

2. Odo

3. Data

4. Spock

5. Jack the Ripper

Regards, Danny

PS, :wtf: is Bono anyway?

I was just a boy. My mom used to go her beauty parlor in Beverly Hills. It was on Canon Drive, by Rodeo. I tagged along, and when we were leaving, there he was, walking down the avenue. Coat and hat. Very proper. He was very gracious, and really short (in stature). I was only 10, yet I towered over him. He always seemed tall and lanky in films. Bigger than life. I guess Ginger wasn't so tall either! Or Gene Kelly for that matter. But he was very sweet and shook my hand like it really meant something. Clasped it with both of his and looked me straight in the eye with the warmest smile on his face. A wonderful gentleman! It was my brush with the golden age of Hollywood, and I've never forgotten the feeling of that aura of royalty I felt about him, yet he was completely natural and humble. There was no air of snobbishness about him. He had a genuine twinkle in his eye. Such a sweet, kind smile. Very charming. He really seemed genuinely pleased to be recognized and appreciated. Such a kind, gentle and sweet man. He definitely had a glow to him. That's what sticks in my mind the most.

Hi Tangerine, what no Jimmy?

You and me are sooooooo finnished Babe!!! ;)

My list of 5 famous pepole i would like to meet is as follows.

1. Sherlock Holmes

2. Odo

3. Data

4. Spock

5. Jack the Ripper

Regards, Danny

PS, :wtf: is Bono anyway?

Hi Danny :)

Jimmy Page is the greatest guitarist ever imo... and i love his music, but Robert Plant was the one i always fantasized about B) I always go for the singer!

Bono is some punk Irish boy, lol.

P.S. i hope you aren't serious about us being over...

• 3 weeks later...

I started this topic way back when. I named the famous people I would love to meet.

Now I am going to name Five(5) "evil" people that I find interesting and fascinating (just to change things up a little):

1. Adolf Hitler

2. Charles Manson

3. Ted Bundy

4. Aleister Crowley

5. "Lucky" Luciano

As much of a reader that I am, I have read about all these people. I would only like to meet them to ask what drove their individual personalities. I realize that four of the five I listed are already dead. Charlie Manson will eventually die in prison. Remember, this is all hypothetical.

Hi Danny :)

Jimmy Page is the greatest guitarist ever imo... and i love his music, but Robert Plant was the one i always fantasized about B) I always go for the singer!

Bono is some punk Irish boy, lol.

P.S. i hope you aren't serious about us being over...

Hi Tangerine, sorry i took so long to reply, i was thinking of ending it but i have now had second thoughts, you have been reprieved. ;) (Like i would ever think of finishing it with you? :console:)

Very Kind Regards, Danny

PS, "Bono"=YUCK. :thumbdown:

Archived