Jimmy Page

lzzoso

In your opinion, who do you think that Jimmy Page most influenced among these (or other guitar players?): In no particular order.

Joe Perry

Alex Lifeson

Steve Clark (Def Leppard)

Angus Young

Ace Frehley

Randy Jackson (Zebra)

Mick Ralphs (Bad Company)

Joe Walsh

Billy Squier

Slash

If there are others that you have an opinion on, please feel free to mention them. I will add a few more names to this list in the near future.

Out of the guys you listed, I'd have to say Joe Perry and Alex Lifeson. Their styles are closest to that of Jimmy's. Personally, I don't see how Joe Walsh and Mick Ralphs were influenced by Jimmy. I don't hear it in their playing.

:peace:,

Jo

Agreed, Walsh was around for a few years before Zeppelin came to the forefront of the music scene.

Out of the guys you listed, I'd have to say Joe Perry and Alex Lifeson. Their styles are closest to that of Jimmy's. Personally, I don't see how Joe Walsh and Mick Ralphs were influenced by Jimmy. I don't hear it in their playing.

Jo

Agreed, Walsh was around for a few years before Zeppelin came to the forefront of the music scene.

In your opinion, who do you think that Jimmy Page most influenced among these (or other guitar players?): In no particular order.

Joe Perry

Alex Lifeson

Angus Young

Ace Frehley

Randy Jackson (Zebra)

Mick Ralphs (Bad Company)

Joe Walsh

Billy Squier

Slash

If there are others that you have an opinion on, please feel free to mention them. I will add a few more names to this list in the near future.

Dean Deleo (Stone Temple Pilots)

Alex Lifeson

Slash

Jake E Lee

Jack White

Ace Frehley

Neal Schon

Kirk Hammett

Dave Navarro

Steve Morse

Vivian Campbell

John Sykes (Tygers of Pantang)

Ritchie Kotzen

Ritchie Sambora

Randy Jackson (Zebra)

Mark Kendall (Great White)

Rik Emmitt (Triumph)

Tommy Skeoch (Tesla)

Frank Hannon (Tesla)

Lita Ford

Warren Haynes

Chris DeGarmo (Queensryche)

Michael Wilton (Queensryche)

Gary Richrath (REO Speedwagon)

Joe Perry

Brad Whitford

Angus Young

Off the top of my head! :lol:

Jo

Most of us all know that Joe Walsh is an amazing and accomplished guitarist in his own right. However, one reason why I mentioned him as being influenced by Jimmy Page is because of Joe's guitar playing with the James Gang. The song, "the Bomber", in particular. If you know this song or do not (then I suggest looking it up and hearing it on YouTube), you or at least I can hear plenty of Jimmy's style and references (some Jeff Beck too). In my opinion, beginning around 1:25 in the song lasting to around 3:30 that 2 minutes sounds to me like a less bombastic "middle section" of "Whole Lotta Love" (without the theremin). Just my opinion.

Most of us all know that Joe Walsh is an amazing and accomplished guitarist in his own right. However, one reason why I mentioned him as being influenced by Jimmy Page is because of Joe's guitar playing with the James Gang. The song, "the Bomber", in particular. If you know this song or do not (then I suggest looking it up and hearing it on YouTube), you or at least I can hear plenty of Jimmy's style and references (some Jeff Beck too). In my opinion, beginning around 1:25 in the song lasting to around 3:30 that 2 minutes sounds to me like a less bombastic "middle section" of "Whole Lotta Love" (without the theremin). Just my opinion.

The Bomber is an eye opener!! It's all there! If they had Page's production, we could all be going back to rewrite our journals! Good spot Lzzoso!!! :beer:

I don't know about the "middle section of Whole Lotta Love" and all that, but the song structure and guitar tone is spooky! Just set aside the BTO sounding vocals. :lol:

Compare this to Lord Sutch's Heavy Friends and you're definitely onto something!

If I didn't know better, I would buy this as Page. B)

The Bomber is an eye opener!! It's all there! If they had Page's production, we could all be going back to rewrite our journals! Good spot Lzzoso!!! :beer:

I don't know about the "middle section of Whole Lotta Love" and all that, but the song structure and guitar tone is spooky! Just set aside the BTO sounding vocals. :lol:

Compare this to Lord Sutch's Heavy Friends and you're definitely onto something!

If I didn't know better, I would buy this as Page. B)

Thank you, Evster. "the Bomber" is a great song. Very Zeppelinesque.

I have read in a few places that Jimmy and Joe became good friends back in the 70's. Some accounts has said that Jimmy bought one of Joe's Les Pauls from him during one of LZ's early tours when the James Gang opened a couple of shows for Zep (in Ohio, I think). Others have said that Joe gave him the Les Paul as a gift.

Thank you, Evster. "the Bomber" is a great song. Very Zeppelinesque.

I have read in a few places that Jimmy and Joe became good friends back in the 70's. Some accounts has said that Jimmy bought one of Joe's Les Pauls from him during one of LZ's early tours when the James Gang opened a couple of shows for Zep (in Ohio, I think). Others have said that Joe gave him the Les Paul as a gift.

The generally accepted story is that Walsh sold Page the famed Number One Les Paul. THE Les frickin Paul he used for the best part of his career. What price was paid is up to debate, but Walsh handing that shaved-necked, un-numbered 59 to Page is certain. Thank you Mr. Walsh! Here's a little number we call Whole Lotta Love!

• 1 year later...

50516_2215279549_3288_n.jpgSteve Clark could be wasted on coke and vodka at 3:30 AM and play any Page riff from any part of song at the drop of a hat. He not only played like Page, but dressed like Page, and wore his guitar down low like Page, and knew everything about Page's life. He stated in many times when he heard Page for the first time, he stopped his classical guitar lessons and decided he was going to be in a rock band.

Jeff Martin of The Tea Party is like Steve Clark - but managed to find a way to stay alive. Page has even given Martin his blessing

Jeff_martin_main.jpg

and

m.jpg

50516_2215279549_3288_n.jpg

Steve Clark could be wasted on coke and vodka at 3:30 AM and play any Page riff from any part of song at the drop of a hat.

April 23, 1985 - Chicago, IL

The Firm's chartered jet arrived moments after Def Leppard's…Jimmy walked over to say hello to them and he downed a vodka from guitarist Steve Clark in one swig

April 24, 1985 - Rosemont, IL

Def Leppard attended tonight's show but didn't get to come backstage as they had to carry Steve Clark out after he'd drank two bottles of vodka

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

50516_2215279549_3288_n.jpgSteve Clark could be wasted on coke and vodka at 3:30 AM and play any Page riff from any part of song at the drop of a hat. He not only played like Page, but dressed like Page, and wore his guitar down low like Page, and knew everything about Page's life. He stated in many times when he heard Page for the first time, he stopped his classical guitar lessons and decided he was going to be in a rock band.

i was watching a DL classic albums and they were talking about his style, how he wasn't a technical player like Phil Collen but more feel and riffs, reminded me of Page when they were talking about him

Archived