Why I Come Here. Why do you?

ledzepfvr

I still consider myself a newbie as I haven't been here as long as some and while I've been a long time Zeppelin fan I do have an ignorance of information concerning LZ even though I've read the books and searched the net. I come here to learn from people who may know more than I do and find friends who share the same passion for LZ. What we write here is not really important in the scheme of life but it is a fun escape from the seriousness of life some of us have to live in. Some threads are not as upbeat as I would like so I don't visit there and some are fun and interesting and I'll post my two cents. But formost it should be fun. I am greatful for my family and friends and do my best to enjoy the good things that life has to offer. Most of the crap in life is small stuff and I don't sweat the small stuff.

I still consider myself a newbie as I haven't been here as long as some and while I've been a long time Zeppelin fan I do have an ignorance of information concerning LZ even though I've read the books and searched the net. I come here to learn from people who may know more than I do and find friends who share the same passion for LZ. What we write here is not really important in the scheme of life but it is a fun escape from the seriousness of life some of us have to live in. Some threads are not as upbeat as I would like so I don't visit there and some are fun and interesting and I'll post my two cents. But formost it should be fun. I am greatful for my family and friends and do my best to enjoy the good things that life has to offer. Most of the crap in life is small stuff and I don't sweat the small stuff.

I'm here because of our common interest in Zep, and besides that there are a lot of cool people here. As a Ledhead myself, there's no better place on the net to be, really. B)

I'm here to play Song Name Game and get some free ringtones for my uber cool cellphone

LOL-This is truly funny:-)

Back to your question.Why do I come here. I love music and LZ is my all time musical love. Great knowledge on many of these post for those who really enjoy going deeper than the music. Brilliant reads on many of the post. Then there are the fun and easier post where we all just have a great time learning about one another.

Back to your question.Why do I come here. I love music and LZ is my all time musical love. Great knowledge on many of these post for those who really enjoy going deeper than the music. Brilliant reads on many of the post. Then there are the fun and easier post where we all just have a great time learning about one another.

Same here.

There are a lot of useful information, a lot of Zep mysteries, solved or not, news, cool people, all in one interesting and yet funny package.

I come here for updates on the bandmembers and the possibilities of them playing together again or with other musicians, cool historical info about the music and the band.

I also come for the commeraderie between fellow zep fans. For the most part it's all good, but some really take it way too seriously.

As far as the WWW goes, there's no place else I'd rather be. Rock and Roll is my passion and Zep are the greatest of all rock and rollers. Rock On Jimmy, Robert, John Paul and Jason.

Hi ledzepfvr!

Weird, I was just thinking about this as well. I, too, am a newbie to this forum. Most people I come in contact with in day to day life are, god help me, country fans, so, this truly is an escape from that and the pressures of life. I have never actually posted a pic until now, I think another member here can attest to my ignorance of such matters. (you know who you are ;) ). Giving testimony as to how comfortable it is to be here...

I take a lot of heat for my love of LZ in my circle, all in fun, I assume. But, I enjoy the info shared here, and the companionship that brings. Their music caught my attention in the late 70's, but I didn't get the fever til a little later, so, I never did get to see them...

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this.

Peace,

Kris

Same here.

There are a lot of useful information, a lot of Zep mysteries, solved or not, news, cool people, all in one interesting and yet funny package.

Very interesting at times... :whistling:

That is a good way to say it though.

I've finally found people who understand me!! When I first stumbled across this place, it was a huge "I'm not alone!" moment for me. Now I just hang out for fun really, get in on the crazy conversations & whatnot. It's nice to connect with other people who share your passion. There are some really awesome people on here too that will help you with pretty much any problem you can have.

Thanks guys! :beer:

I'm here because of our common interest in Zep, and besides that there are a lot of cool people here. As a Ledhead myself, there's no better place on the net to be, really. B)

Yep, and your one of them RA :beer: . I've met so many people that I now call friends and although it pains me at times to see so much infighting, I still think this is a very cool and friendly place.

I am still learning about them, though I was first getting into them and Jimmy around 4 years ago. This is the only real place I can talk about Zep. I can a little bit, outside, but not like I can on here. It's so much fun and there are a lot of fun people on here, some of which I also consider friends. That and Pagey, Percy, Jonsey and Bonzo themselves make it very very addicting. :D

I log on every night, always look at the main forum, the news and end up with photos as that always makes me feel better.

I don't really know anyone who likes Zep as much as I do. A guy I work with is a huge U2 fan so I told him about "It Might Get Loud" and he hadn't even heard of it!

I appreciate the knowledgeable people here, and the topics that frequently open up a whole new side of the music that I was unaware of.

I started coming here a long time ago to hang out with other people who have obvious great taste in music, but now I come here out of habit. I did NOT start coming here to develop a stalker-like interest in Jimmy Page and all things Zep, or to quibble about tedious minutiae that really isn't important anyway, or to start ridiculous arguments, or to spew general hatred, or to look down upon noobs. I just thought it'd be fun.

I started coming here a long time ago to hang out with other people who have obvious great taste in music, but now I come here out of habit. I did NOT start coming here to develop a stalker-like interest in Jimmy Page and all things Zep, or to quibble about tedious minutiae that really isn't important anyway, or to start ridiculous arguments, or to spew general hatred, or to look down upon noobs. I just thought it'd be fun.

I'm with you on that one.

MOO :P

Archived