glicine

Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant In Talks With Michael Eavis About Glastonbury 2010

Will the rock legends reform?...

* by Scott Colothan

* Monday, October 26, 2009

* Photo by: WENN.com

* filed in: Festivals Rock

Robert Plant says he has spoken to Michael Eavis about performing at Glastonbury 2010 – but he's not sure who it will be with.

Speaking before the Q Awards ceremony at Grosvenor House in London this afternoon, Plant told BBC6music: "I've just been talking to Michael (Eavis). There's place for me there, but I have no idea who with."

Asked if he's open to perform at Worthy Farm next year, the legend added: "There is a chance yeah, but I don't know with who."

Fans, of course, will be hoping that it's Led Zeppelin but in reality it's much more likely to be Robert Plant & Alison Krauss.

Plant picked up an Outstanding Contribution To Music gong at the Q Awards.

source: gigwise

Will the rock legends reform?...

* by Scott Colothan

* Monday, October 26, 2009

* Photo by: WENN.com

* filed in: Festivals Rock

source: gigwise

OH YES ,let the rumours begin and guess who has got his ticket !!!!

Just to add a little bit from BBC.

Next year marks the 40th anniversary of the already sold-out event in Somerset.

The rock icon said he is open to the idea of playing next year: "There is a chance yeah, but I don't know with who."

When it was suggested to him that he could do it by himself, he joked: "Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm good at card tricks."

:lol:

More details about the Q Awards.

Q Outstanding Contribution To Music - Presented by Brütal Legend from EA Games

Robert Plant rounded off the Q Awards 2009 with Russian Standard Vodka by receiving the Q Outstanding Contribution To Music.

Introducing the award which was presented by Ibrahim from Tinariwen and Bob Harris, and included a video message from Alison Krauss, Harris paid tribute to his friend of forty years. He described him as "a wonderfully exciting person to be around, an artist who has never lost his wanderlust", recounting Plant's numerous achievements, including the recent Led Zeppelin reunion and the 5 Grammy awarded album Raising Sand.

Perhaps illustrating his musical journey best of all Plant in return thanked a long list of people from throughout from all eras of his career and across different musical genres, whom he said he shared the award with, including the members of Led Zeppelin, Elvis Presley, Tinariwen, Alison Krauss and legendary record executive and Atlantic Records' co-founder Ahmet Ertegun.

source here

Robert Plant and Bob Harris, courtesy of gettyimages.

2009Qawards4.jpg

Edited by glicine

I just read in a news article that Amy Winehouse was hecking him as he received his award. Of course, I'm sure she probably wasn't even aware of WHO she was heckling.

Hi Medhb,

You mean this?

http://www.dailymail...pink-dress.html

I would set my Dog on here but i wouldnt like him to get Rabies.

In Britain, the cuckoo songbird was added to the list of endangered species. Too bad, I really thought Amy Winehouse was feeling better.

Amy Winehouse is reportedly not only smoking grass but also grazing on it.

She fainted after receiving the terrible news that her crack dealer is bedridden with swine flu and her coke shipment was hijacked by Somali pirates.

Yemeni authorities destroyed on Saturday hashish and amphetamines with a street value of more than 83 million dollars, incinerating them in a Sanaa field. "That's almost a week's supply" said a distraught Amy Winehouse.

Amy Winehouse will not get a work visa to travel to the United States in time to perform at a leading music festival because she was charged with assault last week, her spokesman said. Winehouse's absence will be a real blow to the music festival and to the US cocaine industry.

Apparently, rather than break into Here home, the burglars hitched it up and moved it.

“I can't believe Amy Winehouse self-harms. She's so irritating she must be able to find someone to do it for her.”

I could go on, and on, and on.

I just dont see what Some People see in Her, apart from Drugs that is.

Very Kind Regards, Danny and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend ROF ROF ROF HA HA HA

Edited by BIGDAN

I just read in a news article that Amy Winehouse was hecking him as he received his award. Of course, I'm sure she probably wasn't even aware of WHO she was heckling.

Probably not ! Her act is sure wearing thin these day's and you've got to wonder what wiil

come for the tattered Miss Winehouse in the not so distant future

Probably not ! Her act is sure wearing thin these day's and you've got to wonder what wiil

come for the tattered Miss Winehouse in the not so distant future

I know, what a sad waste of talent. She should be the poster child for the anti-drug movement.

I know, what a sad waste of talent. She should be the poster child for the anti-drug movement.

Sadly, with all the publicity that so many of the troubled young women in entertainment have received in recent years, it seems to be the only way they can keep their names in the news. Not trying to shift blame but you gotta wonder about some of the handlers who should be looking out for these gals.

Sadly, with all the publicity that so many of the troubled young women in entertainment have received in recent years, it seems to be the only way they can keep their names in the news. Not trying to shift blame but you gotta wonder about some of the handlers who should be looking out for these gals.

Hi Ally,

Its the Handlers who do the Drug supplying for these "Gals" and a Prerequisite that the Record Labels Supply Drugs at all the Parties they lay on for these So Called Artists.

It took the death of one of their closest friends to warrant the last reunion. I doubt something as ordinary as the annual Glastonbury festival will reunite Zeppelin. I predict it will be Robert with Allison to promote their new album.

Perhaps, but its a strange coincidence then that the festival will be held 40 years to the day of Zep playing the 1970 Bath Blues festival at the Shepton Mallet showground; The festival which inspired Michael Eavis to start his own..

2010 is also is the 40 years anniversary of Glasto starting... So glastonbury 2010 is not so 'ordinary' after all...

The Led Zep rumour keeps getting wheeled out year after year, but as rumours go having Robert Plant mention glasto seems a bit more solid than the usual ones

And I've got tickets... !

Edited by drewlang

Argh this is why I really do hate living in NZ sometimes, only semi-decent festival we get is Big Day Out of which the quality of the headline acts seem to be dwindling in the past few years.

Edited by tom kid

And this is supposed to be the greatly improved version of Winehouse. Was there ever a more aptly named artist?

Hopefully Plant's interview with Julie Cullen (which I can't view in Canada "dues to copyright restrictions" :angry: ) will surface, say, on RP's site or something, & maybe his acceptance speech, too (however marred by Crazy Beehive's offstage antics)

"She [Winehouse] then took her seat and got stuck into cans of strong Red Stripe lager.

But she might have had one too many. When Robert Plant went on stage to pick up Q's outstanding contribution to music award, Amy decided to upstage the legendary Led Zeppelin frontman.

Bizarrely, she started chanting "Billy Bragg, Billy Bragg" to everyone's total bemusement.

Poor old Robert halted his speech as he gazed, confused, into the audience."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/10/27/wino-hits-the-specials-brew-115875-21776382/

That woman has absolutely no class, taste or decorum.

"She [Winehouse] then took her seat and got stuck into cans of strong Red Stripe lager.

But she might have had one too many. When Robert Plant went on stage to pick up Q's outstanding contribution to music award, Amy decided to upstage the legendary Led Zeppelin frontman.

Bizarrely, she started chanting "Billy Bragg, Billy Bragg" to everyone's total bemusement.

Poor old Robert halted his speech as he gazed, confused, into the audience."

http://www.mirror.co...15875-21776382/

That woman has absolutely no class, taste or decorum.

Hi Meg,

Let me the First too Second that, absolutely no class, no taste and Definitely no decorum, maybe if Her Hairdresser had been there She might haved "Beehived" Herself. :lol:

And Where are the Bouncers when you need them? and i dont mean the One that Popped out of the Front of Her Dress either. :lol:

Still when Her Popularity has finaly Dwindled to Zero She will be able to find a Job in a Circus, as a Tatooed Lady (Yuck) or on Stage as either the Ugly Sister or the Wicked Witch, the Woman is a Dog, and as ZFF would Say, ROF ROF ROF. :lol:

Hi Meg,

Let me the First too Second that, absolutely no class, no taste and Definitely no decorum, maybe if Her Hairdresser had been there She might haved "Beehived" Herself. :lol:

And Where are the Bouncers when you need them? and i dont mean the One that Popped out of the Front of Her Dress either. :lol:

Still when Her Popularity has finaly Dwindled to Zero She will be able to find a Job in a Circus, as a Tatooed Lady (Yuck) or on Stage as either the Ugly Sister or the Wicked Witch, the Woman is a Dog, and as ZFF would Say, ROF ROF ROF. :lol:

Thanks for making my day Danny :D I was thinking how often she's publicly drunk and how appropriate her surname is Winehouse. :drunk:

Thanks for making my day Danny :D I was thinking how often she's publicly drunk and how appropriate her surname is Winehouse. :drunk:

Hi Meg,

I think it was your Post that Provoked me in to Mine, so Congratulations to you, and thank you. :drunk:

Maybe She should have Married Bob Barr, at least her name would be going in an Upward Direction. Amy Wine-Barr. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Barr