Happy Thanksgiving

djzoso

HAPPY THANKSGIVING !

Have a great day and safe travels, everyone!

I am cooking and cleaning today, getting ready for tomorrow. My husband's side of the family are coming for dinner. I was planning a dinner for 20, had all the food bought, had everything ready. But last night, one of his brothers and one sister just RSVP'd at the last minute (they normally don't come for Thanksgiving) and now I have four more coming. slapface.gif I don't have enough food and now I have to go out today for more shopping. That was not in my schedule.

And since most of the family are male, they all play the "Turkey Bowl" football game on Thanksgiving. But it is going to be rainy and muddy, and they will play the game anyway. There goes my clean house! slapface.gif

But it will be great to see everyone and we will have fun!

I hope that everyone has a happy and joyous day tomorrow! smile.gif

Today I am thankful to be an American living free in the greatest nation on the face of the earth. And despite the fact that we are surrounded by assclowns, even many from within. I am thankful for the good people who are still bright enough to realize that we here have been blessed in so many ways.

Happy Thanksgiving! And God Bless America!

I sat down for a little breather between basting the turkey and mashing the potatoes and wanted to wish everyone a HAPPY THANKSGIVING, here in the US and abroad. As stated previously those that live in freedom are lucky as alot of the world does not have it so great. Even through the trials and tribulations that life is throwing at us all these days I try to put things in perspective and am greatful for family and friends, food on the table and a roof over my head.

Company is coming so I gotta go. Have a great day.

Hi Patrycja,

DITTO

beatbo, ZFF, Tangerine and all . :beer:

Regards, Danny

Hey Danny, either you're Merlin or this board really is magic! Look at the day/time of my post and your quote of it - I'm in today and tomorrow all at once :D This is tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow... :P

Do you guys have a Thanksgiving equivalent?

Hi Patrycja,

DITTO

beatbo, ZFF, Tangerine and all . :beer:

Regards, Danny

Hi Danny, thanks for thinking of me! My sister had a great dinner at her house and i enjoyed hanging out with my family. There was so much food, and while i didn't overeat at dinner, i did bring home leftovers! My daughter spent the early morning at the Thanksgiving Day parade in Center City with my other sister and her girls. She had a great time (and i got to sleep late, lol) so the day was good all around! Three more days off of work to make the rest of the week beautiful!

Hope all had a good dinner yesterday!

Only meal I had yesterday was the Thanksgiving feast at mom and dad's place with one of my sister's and some nieces and nephew's. Saw my granddaughter on the day before (we went to the movie's) as she was with my ex-wife and/or my daughter-in-law's mom one or the other.

i focussed on the serious food this year, turkey, stuffing, mashed potatos and most importantly the gravy. it was a very good dinner and i was very thankful, reapplying gravy and salt and pepper as i dug into the mountians of stuffing and mash potatos.

the 27th of nov. is my parents wedding anniversary, today, and they had their first big fight making their first thanksgiving day dinner all those yrs ago...and i've heard that story a few times. but all i can say is the gravy is getting better and yeah its a day and a half of work, but its so good.

i am thankful for all the simple things in life, because thats all you need.

I quarreled with a family member on Thanksgiving (yesterday). Oh well, stuff happens. :beer::lol:

It was a stupid fight about $$$. Hopefully it'll iron itself out soon. Either way, as long as it doesn't get physical. :angry:

SirAlecGuinness_Scrooge_MarleyGh-1.jpg

My in-laws (and I've been with my husband for 17 years and know I'm Jewish (although he's not) ) decided to make the turkey with bacon this year....

Wonder it they're trying to tell me something.........

Archived