Favorite Guitar Riffs

John Bonham Fan

What guitar part for any led zeppelin song is your favorite. My favorite is the riff for the song Kashmir.

What guitar part are you talking about. Are you saying you like a certain part in a song? Or just any riffs of the song. I like all of Zeps guitar riffs.

In Kashmir I like when the guitar part goes da da da da da da da da da daa da. The first break down just before Plant sings-All I see turns to brown.

I like the solo on The Ocean live on TSRTS. I basically like when zep start to improvise live. Like the end riff of WLL on TSRTS.

Mc7

Yeah, I'm not sure specifically what you mean so:

As far as guitar riffs, in order:

1) Bring It On Home

2) Heartbreaker

3) The Ocean

As far as certain guitar passages or pieces in songs, in order

1) Ten Years Gone

2) The Rain Song

3) Tangerine

As far as solos, in order

1) Stairway To Heaven

2) Since I've Been Loving You

3) Tea For One

I did not want Kashmir to be the only one. So I am going to go by the Albums.

LZ1-GTBT/BIGLY/HMMT.

LZ2 The whole album except for Thank you.

LZ3- The whloe album

ZOSO- the Whole Album

HOTH-NQ/The Ocean/The Crunge

PG-The Whole Album

P-ALS/FYL

ITTOD=ITE/FITR/C

Coda-WGG/PT/OB/D

I actually prefer a lot of their Live improve.

• 6 months later...

I got a lot of favorites:

LZ1: How Many More Times, Communication Breakdown

LZ2: Whole Lotta Love, Bring It On Home

LZ3: Immigrant Song, Friends

Untitled: Black Dog, Rock and Roll

HOTH: D'Yer Mak'er, The Ocean

PG: Custard Pie, The Rover, In My Time Of Dying, House of the Holy, Trampled Under Foot, Kashmir, In The Light, Ten Years Gone, The Wanton Song

Presence: Achilles Last Stand, Nobody's Fault But Mine, Tea For One (First 20 seconds)

ITTOD: In The Evening, Fool In the Rain, All My Love

I love the opening riff in Nobody's Fault but Mine; the riffs in Kashmir are just amazing and transport me to another place; Immigrant Song, that repetitive riff is wonderful, I could listen to it everyday.I don't even know where to start with Achilles' Last Stand, every riff in that song is perfection. There are so many of Jimmy's riffs that I love that I'd be here all night! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I love all of Zeppelin but my some of my favorites have to be: The Girl I love, she got long black wavy hair (long song title..LOL), Immigrant Song, We're gonna groove, and of course Ten Years Gone. Achilles Last Stand is one of my favorites!!

I really love the guitar riffs from :

In My Time of Dying (it just echoes in my head sometimes, yes sometimes even for days on end!)

Heartbreaker

Nobody's Fault But Mine

Oh! And also, the opening of Achilles Last Stand to me sounds absolutely divine! Its just pure bliss!! biggrin.gif

Guitar riffs? OK.

"Whole Lotta Love"

"Kashmir"

"Communication Breakdown"

"Heartbreaker"

"Bring It On Home"

"Immigrant Song"

"Black Dog"

"Rock And Roll"

"In My Time Of Dying"

And about guitar parts of the songs. I have too many but I'll mention a few like "Dazed And Confused" solo, whole "Whole Lotta Love" break or orgasm section, "Since I've Been Loving You" solo, "Stairway To Heaven" solo, "When The Levee Breaks" ending and "Tea For One" breaks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

"The Wanton Song", hands down, the whole song is great,. The riff is the octave thing again like "Immigrant Song" but a semitone higher and the rhythm, its all so cool...I think there is a real case for this song being the ultimate Zeppein song, it has it all, funk, rock, jazz, it has a groove that is so infectious, Bonhams drumming is stunning, Plants vocals are on top form. I might have to start a thread to give the case for this song :)

"The Wanton Song", hands down, the whole song is great,. The riff is the octave thing again like "Immigrant Song" but a semitone higher and the rhythm, its all so cool...I think there is a real case for this song being the ultimate Zeppein song, it has it all, funk, rock, jazz, it has a groove that is so infectious, Bonhams drumming is stunning, Plants vocals are on top form. I might have to start a thread to give the case for this song :)

leddy, you've pretty much nailed this one.

Wanton Song drumming has the Bonhamisms in it. Just fabulous drumwork.

Plant's vocal inflection is perfect for the theme of the song.

What seals the song for me is that first four chord progression Page plays after the verses.I mean, how the fuck did he come up with this? Exotic, funky chords that kick this song up the staircase.

leddy, you have plenty of ammo to start a thread for this song.

leddy, you've pretty much nailed this one.

Wanton Song drumming has the Bonhamisms in it. Just fabulous drumwork.

Plant's vocal inflection is perfect for the theme of the song.

What seals the song for me is that first four chord progression Page plays after the verses.I mean, how the fuck did he come up with this? Exotic, funky chords that kick this song up the staircase.

leddy, you have plenty of ammo to start a thread for this song.

Hey thank you and glad you agree, I have been a huge fan of ALS for years but this song does have it all too :)

P.S that progresion your on about has some 7thb9 and diminished chord thing going on, thats the jazz in him and as you say also funky...this is fusion at its best.

Hey thank you and glad you agree, I have been a huge fan of ALS for years but this song does have it all too :)

P.S that progresion your on about has some 7thb9's and half diminished chord thing going on , thats the jazz in him and as you say also funky...this is fusion at its best.

• 1 year later...

Archived