Random Facts About Yourself

Puck Slapping Maple Sucker

I just discovered this website tonight.

Very impresses, this is very cool.

I attended the 1975 zep concert in Seattle, Washington.

Somewhere I have some black and white pictures that I took.

If I can find them I will scan and post them here.

I think I even took a picture of the marquee at the Seattle Arena.

What I remember most about that concert was the opening number "Rock And Roll" - the lights were turned on FULL TILT.

That was one of the first rock and roll concerts I had ever seen.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I'm a bass fishing fanatic, I used to fish in local tournaments.

I'm a music fanatic, with a fairly large collection of vinyl, cassettes, and CDs. Mostly hard rock and blues rock from the 70's, including many (here are some of the main ones in my collection-Foghat, Savoy Brown, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Nazareth, ZZ Top, Montrose, Lynyrd Skynrd, Outlaws, The Doors, Black Crowes, Little Feat, Cream, Climax Blues Band, Robin Trower, Rory Gallagher, etc., etc. etc.)

have been to hundreds of concerts over the years, seeing quite a few bands multiple times-Foghat, Savoy Brown, Deep Purple, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, Johnny Winter, Dream Theater, Joe Satriani, ZZ Top, Slade, Nazareth, Mahogany Rush, Pink Floyd, Doors, Robin Trower, Rory Gallagher, etc. etc. etc.

Favorite sports teams: Indianpolis Colts, New York Mets, Baltimore Orioles.

Favorite drink-beer

OK, I'm a bass fishing fanatic, I used to fish in local tournaments.

I'm a music fanatic, with a fairly large collection of vinyl, cassettes, and CDs. Mostly hard rock and blues rock from the 70's, including many (here are some of the main ones in my collection-Foghat, Savoy Brown, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Nazareth, ZZ Top, Montrose, Lynyrd Skynrd, Outlaws, The Doors, Black Crowes, Little Feat, Cream, Climax Blues Band, Robin Trower, Rory Gallagher, etc., etc. etc.)

have been to hundreds of concerts over the years, seeing quite a few bands multiple times-Foghat, Savoy Brown, Deep Purple, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, Johnny Winter, Dream Theater, Joe Satriani, ZZ Top, Slade, Nazareth, Mahogany Rush, Pink Floyd, Doors, Robin Trower, Rory Gallagher, etc. etc. etc.

Favorite sports teams: Indianpolis Colts, New York Mets, Baltimore Orioles.

Favorite drink-beer

Wait - that's totally impossible. Remember 1969! (Yes, I hold lifelong sports grudges... because they're the best kind!) :D

I just discovered this website tonight.

Very impresses, this is very cool.

I attended the 1975 zep concert in Seattle, Washington.

Somewhere I have some black and white pictures that I took.

If I can find them I will scan and post them here.

I think I even took a picture of the marquee at the Seattle Arena.

What I remember most about that concert was the opening number "Rock And Roll" - the lights were turned on FULL TILT.

That was one of the first rock and roll concerts I had ever seen.

Hi and welcome. Were you at the 17th or 21st concert? Either one would have been an amazing experience. I hope you have the bootleg of whichever night it was.

If you can find your pics, that'd be great, along with some more of your memories ...... aaaaaaaaaand, your pristine recording of the concert :smiley_pray::)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't have a middle name

I have Motivation problems

I wear Glasses

I'm good around dogs, and Dogs are good around me. Dogs for some reason always try to say hello to me.

I hate Religion and don't care about Politics

I don't like Modern music very much. 60s, 70s and 80s music for me!

I have 4 email accounts

I don't read Books at all

^^^^Wow! Looks like we have some things in common. I LOVE your Forum Screen name, by the way! :)

I don't have a middle name either. In fact, counting even members from my extended family, my dad is the only one who has a middle name.

I wear glasses too. I am short-sighted. I also wear contact lenses.

I am an atheist. I do not 'practice' my religion (the one that I was born into) and I just couldn't care about any religion, for that matter. To me, religion itself, is an unnecessary man-made division. Also, Political debates and discussions totally exhaust me and irritate me, no end. So, I stay away from them and I honestly, couldn't care less about Politics. To me, "Ignorance Is Bliss".

Aside from some really amazing underground bands (from the U.S, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Germany and The Netherlands), today's 'mainstream' music does not appeal to me at all and I do tend to stay away from the radio.

I too have 4 email accounts. 2 connected to my former University (from my student days), 1 'formal' account and 1 'informal' account.

I now have nine guitars, and can't play them for shit.

Welcome to my world!!! I have all sorts of instruments and like to pretend I can play them. I'm rather proud of my daughter, she like me, has an ear to pick tunes out at our piano, but unlike me, she can read music much better. Congrats on the 9th guitar!

• 3 weeks later...

The lady who cut my hair in the late 80's/early 90's is the mother of Brent Hinds, guitarist for Mastodon.

I'd never heard of them until my wife pointed out an album she saw when we were shopping last Sat.

The woman who cut my hair at that time is a friend of my wife's older sister.

Checked them out on YouTube.Some pretty good stuff. Their drummer is pretty incredible.

I don't use ANY social media like Facebook, Twitter, MySpace etc anymore. There are too many crazy and deceptive people on the web. Nothing is secure either. The internet can be a very scary place.

I've largely adopted the same policy, and I know many other people who have as well.

I've largely adopted the same policy, and I know many other people who have as well.

I'm glad to know I'm not alone on this Pagefan55! People make me feel like an outcast of society because I'm concerned about my safety/privacy, and that of those I love and care about. I've seen many programs on the television about people who lie about their identities and take advantage of others. When you can't see a face how can anyone know for certain know who they're talking to? That's a risk I'm not willing to take.

I find other ways to stay connected to the people I know and love, like talking on the phone or by email.

Archived