Random Facts About Yourself

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been practicing something I wouldn't exactly call a religion for better than two years now. It brings me much peace and relaxation. It makes it very easy to center myself and move forward. Ideally it's also a practice of always success and sharing.

I think it sort of blew a few peoples minds in my family. But I don't think they understand it fully. Nor do I..I do know it helps anyway and that's what really counts for us :hurrah:

I'd estimate 75% of my daily diet is composed of orange foods.... oranges, baby carrots, sweet potatoes, cantaloupe melon, apricots, peaches... not intentional but something I noticed just now.. *munches on a baby carrot* :)

I start every day with a Beatles song.

I actually quite enjoy all my classes this semester: criminology, statistics and research design for psychology, developmental psychology, and life and death decisions.

I'm Mona

I'm currently working on getting my BA in Anthropology. When I get my MA, I'll be concentrating either on Archeology or Forensic Anthropology.

I've been on this board since I was 15. I'm currently 21.

I'm also obsessed with the TV show "Lost"

I hate the taste and smell of coconut.

I'm Mona

I'm currently working on getting my BA in Anthropology. When I get my MA, I'll be concentrating either on Archeology or Forensic Anthropology.

I hate the taste and smell of cantaloupe. Can't think of another fruit/vegetable that bugs me.

I hate the taste and smell of cantaloupe. Can't think of another fruit/vegetable that bugs me.

I like cantaloupe. :) I don't know why I hate Coconut, I just do. I'm not a huge fan of pineapple, cauliflower, and tomatoes. Coconuts are the only ones I really, absolutely cannot stand in anything, though.

I'm Mona

As am I! ;) Because of the terrible hours I was working earlier this year, I did miss most of the fifth season. I finally caught a few episodes at the end and honestly I finally thought for the first time "What the Hell's going on?" :lol:

Now that I look back at the season, I really do wonder what the Hell happened. I very much look forward to the Fifth Season DVD now, which will definately make the wait for the final season much, much more easier. B)

I like cantaloupe. :) I don't know why I hate Coconut, I just do. I'm not a huge fan of pineapple, cauliflower, and tomatoes. Coconuts are the only ones I really, absolutely cannot stand in anything, though.

I don't like coconut either :) But I love pineapple, cauliflower and tomatoes :D

Ooh - I've never had curried cauliflower casserole but I'm intrigued!

You steam a head of cauliflower, and then mix it with a mixture of:

1 can cream of (whatever) soup (I use fat free cream of celery);

1/3 cup light mayo

1 tsp curry powder

1 cup shredded cheese (I use cheddar but you could use other)

Put in a baking dish and bake @ 350 until bubbly (@ 30 min). You can add a butter/bread crumb topping too, but in the interest of saving calories I leave that off. :)

1/3 cup light mayo

1 tsp curry powder

Put in a baking dish and bake @ 350 until bubbly (@ 30 min). You can add a butter/bread crumb topping too, but in the interest of saving calories I leave that off. :)

Thanks Virginia! I'd have to do some modifications as I don't eat dairy but definitely doable.

As am I! ;) Because of the terrible hours I was working earlier this year, I did miss most of the fifth season. I finally caught a few episodes at the end and honestly I finally thought for the first time "What the Hell's going on?" :lol:

Now that I look back at the season, I really do wonder what the Hell happened. I very much look forward to the Fifth Season DVD now, which will definately make the wait for the final season much, much more easier. B)

Don't worry, I didn't miss a SINGLE episode this season, and I'm still wondering what the hell is going on. I'm so excited for season 6, though, and I'm sad it's the last one. :( Gah...even with the DVD, February is still a long, long way away...

At least Michael Emerson FINALLY won the Emmy this year! :D :D :D

1/3 cup light mayo

1 tsp curry powder

That may make me eat cauliflower! I'm not a cauliflower fan, but my boyfriend likes it. My mom and boyfriend always tell me to skip the COOKING of curry with food, and just eat the curry out of the spice jar. ;)

I've got a hacking cough. I sound so ladylike, coughing and hacking! ;)

Edited by manderlyh

I've got a hacking cough. I sound so ladylike, coughing and hacking! ;)

I hope you feel better. I think my youngest has the same thing; she just got over a cold from last week and now is coughing and has a super runny/congested nose. No fever, aches or pains though. I'm home with her today.