Your least favorite 5 songs

I'm sorry, when did my personal musical tastes become ripe for discussion? I don't like the song. In fact, I hate it. That's my opinion. That doesn't mean that everyone else is now required to hate it too. People can like or dislike whatever the heck they want, and it has no bearing or effect on anyone but that person. I've heard it one time too many. I'm over it. That doesn't mean it's a shit song, it means I don't like it. I don't get the big deal -- is it written somewhere that if you're a LZ fan you have to like that song? I'm a PF fan and I hate The Wall. There's 6 songs on that album I like, the rest are utter pap. Someone going to revoke my fandom for that?

You don't need to understand why I don't like it. It doesn't matter. It's not important. Someone asked a question, I answered it. I happen to love No Quarter, namregoob up there doesn't. Do you see me asking them why? No, because I don't care. Their reasoning matters not one iota to me, and I doubt they give a damn that I disagree anyway.

But like I said -- someone attacking me for not liking a song is a "good" post to you. Says it all.

It was not intended as an attack. But I just dont see how anyone can not like Stairway. It is my favorite song of all time.

So.....? It's a favorite song of yours. Okay, does the fact I don't like it change that? I don't get how some people don't like artichokes, but do I go around chastising people for it? No, I don't. People can hate artichokes if they like.

And it absolutely was intended as an attack and you know it.

1. Hats Off To (Roy) Harper

2. The Crunge

3. South Bend Saurez

4. Black Country Woman

5. Out on the Tiles

Oddly enough, I only really strongly dislike two of these (#1 and #2). The other three have just never done anything for me. I just find them boring or not up to the standards the other songs on the song's album were up to. I usually skip over these five tracks because I am simply not a fan.

Lots of dislike of Hot Dog, D'ya Mak'er and Living Loving Maid round here. That makes me sad, I love those songs. *shrug*

I honestly can't think of five. I don't really dislike any of their songs, honestly, I suppose there are some I listen to the least, but they're not disliked. Does that make sense?

No particular order:

Moby Dick

Out On The TIles

Bron-Y-Aur-Stomp

Carouselamba

These are the ones I constantly skip when they start playing. Not that I hate them, but very often I don't feel like listening to them.

oooh...This is hard because there is so much good Led Zeppelin!! But of course there is the not very good (but no bad!)

In no particular order:

1)hot dog

2)four sticks

3)hots on for nowhere

4)custard pie (I just cant stand it. Probably my least favorite..)

5)gallows pole

post-15453-081291200 1283027207_thumb.jp

1 - Stairway To Heaven (studio)

2 - D'yer Mak'er

3 - All My Love

4 - Hot Dog

Most of the blame can be can credited to "Classic Rock" radio and the lack of any other method of listening to music in the 80's and 90's in the workplace...a 500 GB portable hard drive sure made things a lot better....

lady gaga i'm a fan of hers we both have the same taste in music she loves Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Blondie, David Bowie, Queen, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, etc. and so do i :D i admire her work i heard somewhere she wanted to do rock music before she was famous but since in today's music industry is full of pop music she went being a pop singer that is where the marketing is at.

here is she talks about the musicians who inspired her

Loved that cover by Lady Gaga. Who knew? :o

While I was on youtube I found this cover by Pink that I thought was quite good. Check it out:

I think her vocals here are amazing.

BTW, least fav songs:

Hat's off to Harper

the Crunge

Hots on for Nowhere

Celebration Day

Moby Dick - No disrespect to John Bonham, but I just can't get into this song, never could.

"Hats Off To (Roy) Harper"

"Black Mountain Side"

"The Crunge"

"South Bound Saurez"

"Hots On For Nowhere"

Hate to say this but these are one of my least favorite Led Zeppelin songs. I also see that a lot of people in here don't like "D'yer Mak'er" but I really like that song. I liked it from the first time I've heard it.

firstly i cant believe im posting on a least fav song!

but i can only think of 1

All of My Love, thats just basically a cheap song, not Zep, more Plant solo im afraid its a Skip song which is perfect coz i love Im gonna crawl, i think i posted here before that in hindsight, that song was the perfect end to Zeps Album making, its whole vibe is just that of a hangover of the past 12 years, just listen and think about it

1. Bonzo's Montreux (no explanation required)

2. The Crunge (reminds me too much of rap)

3. Kashmir (the most over rated song in Led Zeppelin's history)

4. Dazed and Confused (for all the on going boring bs that Jimmy gets into when performed live)

5. Moby Dick (nice guitar part but it has that drum solo)

5. Moby Dick (nice guitar part but it has that drum solo)

er, i think thats the point man

Could be, since they abandoned it in 1977 in favor of "Over The Top (Out On The Tiles)" for Bonzo's obligatory drum solo. Let's just say that a agree with everything in the statement except the point it's self.

firstly i cant believe im posting on a least fav song!

but i can only think of 1

All of My Love, thats just basically a cheap song, not Zep, more Plant solo im afraid its a Skip song which is perfect coz i love Im gonna crawl, i think i posted here before that in hindsight, that song was the perfect end to Zeps Album making, its whole vibe is just that of a hangover of the past 12 years, just listen and think about it

I just don't get all the hate towards All My Love. So what if it's more of a "Plant solo"? What do you call Moby Dick, White Summer, Bron-Yr-Aur, etc.? Those are solos, too, but they're great, right? :blink: Anyways I think All My Love is amazing. It shows a softer, more emotional side of a very versatile band. Plus the fact that it actually has a deeper meaning for Plant makes it all the better and more impactful. Probably one of my top 15 Led Zeppelin songs. :D

In no particular order. They have so many great songs but there are a few that I don't like a lot and are less enjoyable than the stellar ones.

1. D'yer Mak'er

2. Hats Off to (Roy Harper)

3. Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman)

4. Moby Dick

5. All My Love

• 3 weeks later...

Sick Again

When the levee breaks

Your time is gonna come

in the light

Nobody's fault but mine

Because they're too loud, or really weird

I love all these songs, espeically When Levee Breaks, and NFBM, and I find it really interesting how different everyone's taste is on this thread. I was expecting the same songs to appear over and over and they haven't. But I respect that everyone has their opinion when it comes to what constitutes good music, so I'm not here to say anyone is wrong in their selection of songs. :)

I love all Zeppelin's music, so I've chosen songs that I tend not to listen to that much, so they must be my least favourites:

1. Hats Off to Roy Harper

2. The Crunge

3. Black Mountainside

4. Boogie With Stu

5. Hots On For Nowhere

Can't say I don't like any of the LZ studio material though Bonzo's Montreux gets a little grating after a bit. The live material is where it gets a bit wobbly for me, some of the medley sections and jamming bits can get a bit loose for my taste. No way I could pick 5 studio versions.

Archived