Ask Robert Plant One (1) Question...

lzzoso

Well, I can only ask Robert this :

"Could you please make an appearance on any talk show and once and for all put to rest all the rumours, gossip and endless speculation about a possible Zep reunion so that fans will quit bickering among themselves and debating for hours on end and just come face to face with the facts?!"

He's answered the question many times already - it's not going to happen.

Do the people who keep coming back under different names on Led zeppelin forums, slagging you off repeatedly for not re-forming Led Zeppelin, make you

a) want to go out and re-form Led Zeppelin?

B) puke?

c) laugh?

d) want to steer clear of any of that stuff for the forseeable future?

e) want another cuppa?

:D I think he would say e

You have stated multiple times that John Bonham and yourself were good friends, that you felt kinship to him, he was your mate. Why were you not more involved in trying to help John Bonham with his addictions that ultimately led to his death?

Can I swear? :slapface:

These "One Question" threads are a brilliant idea! I found, though, that I have absolutely nothing of substance to ask anyone in the band. How boring am I?

So! Out of desperation, here's a question I thought up whilst dodging wildlife on the way to work:

Tell me about America...

planeart.jpg

How's she treated you over the years?

I'm not talking about politics or the bad health care industry or whatever... I'm talking about the everyday people you encountered and their weird folkways. You've got to know some interesting things, considering you've borrowed American sounds for your work! I could ask other Britons to tell me about America, but they haven't seen it like you have.

So, like, yes. There. How's America treated you? :) As an Englishman, a musician, a man of wealth, a hippie-dippy-lookin' fella, a man whose accent we can't place.

Thank you!

(Or tell me about any cultures. I love cultures! I can't travel and see the world cuz I'm not in a rock band!)

I would ask something that I would really love to know ;

'what does the word Carouselambra mean?'

The 'Carousel' bit seems fairly obvious, but 'ambra' is not a word.

'Carouse' is also a word meaning to 'drink plentiful alcohol and enjoy oneself in a noisy way', but 'Lambra' is also not a word.

An interpretation I heard that seems reasonable is that it is a combination of 'Carousel' and the 'Alhambra' - referring to the fortified palace in Grenada, Spain.

I would ask something that I would really love to know ;

'what does the word Carouselambra mean?'

The 'Carousel' bit seems fairly obvious, but 'ambra' is not a word.

'Carouse' is also a word meaning to 'drink plentiful alcohol and enjoy oneself in a noisy way', but 'Lambra' is also not a word.

An interpretation I heard that seems reasonable is that it is a combination of 'Carousel' and the 'Alhambra' - referring to the fortified palace in Grenada, Spain.

Great question!

Ambra is the Italian word for amber. Amber has been used in sacred ceremonies for thousands of years by Native American tribes, Indians and Northern Europeans. It is said to cleanse negativity from the wearer and from the environment, expecially when burned. It is a gemstone generally useful for cleansing and renewal. It has been used to purify rooms before a child is born. It has also been used traditionally in the renewal of wedding vows.

But would Robert have used an italian transcription of the word amber? When he could have just called the song 'Carouselamber'.

Then again, it could be a mis-spelling that crept in, as with Bron-y-aur stomp & Southbound Saurez?

It would be nice to have a definitive answer, but I guess we will never know for sure.

Robert said in an interview some years back that the lyrics are all about the latter days of the band, and he can't understand the lyrics anymore!

:rolleyes:

Great question!

Ambra is the Italian word for amber. Amber has been used in sacred ceremonies for thousands of years by Native American tribes, Indians and Northern Europeans. It is said to cleanse negativity from the wearer and from the environment, expecially when burned. It is a gemstone generally useful for cleansing and renewal. It has been used to purify rooms before a child is born. It has also been used traditionally in the renewal of wedding vows.

You seem to be creating music that essentially takes the edge off the blade.

Your own contribution to the songs you are creating is mellow, at best.

What could be more significant than writing/creating/singing NEW Zeppelin material

and why is your dialogue with the band so cowardly (ie you run away)?

What could be more significant than writing/creating/singing NEW Zeppelin material

I'd hardly call his contributions mellow. Just because it's not hard rock does not mean it doesn't rock. Why do you consider writing with Zep more significant than what he's doing now? Not to mention writing with them isn't the same without Bonzo's contributions. People grow and change and who's to say they'd have the same magic at this point. I'd like proof that his dialogue with the remaining members is cowardly. He's not running away from anything. Do you know what sort of rapport he has?

You got every right in the world to say these kindsa things, I guess. This wouldn't be a true Zep board if someone wasn't on here giving Mr. Plant a hard time for his aversion to Zeppelin reunions. :D

However... could you imagine new Zeppelin material and Zeppelin tours? I can. And the whole pop music industry would be there to cheapen it. Led Zeppelin would be turned into a franchise quicker than you can say jack robinson. Just like ninelives said, Bonzo's absence would stick out like a sore thumb. Every drummer in the world would be dueling to play for them. Every shitty band in the world would be trying to jump onstage and jam with them. MTV would put together crappy, half-true specials about them -- not because they're a good band -- but because they could use Zep to sell everything you see in their annoying ten-minute long commercial segments. All the ridiculous "cool kids" would be coagulating on this board (and everywhere else) talking about how awesome Lady Gaga is and how she should record something with Zep (or similarly nonsensical flights of fancy.) Anybody with two turntables would be sampling them into really embarrassing hip hop (even more so than now.) And all the teenage girls who wouldn't be clamoring to sleep with them would be superficially bemoaning how old they are! Franchise! They would be a franchise, dammit! :angry:

(Got a little carried away up in that paragraph... *taking a few deep breaths* Sorry, but the thought horrifies me.)

Not to mention that Zeppelin may well be best understood and appreciated in the context of their era. I mean, there's a new teenage gal I just said hi to down in the "Meet and Greet" section who just discovered Zep, and Zep will undoubtedly bring her just as much joy as it brought the kids who discovered Zep back in the 70s. Zeppelin is definitely timeless. (Except for some of Jimmy's outfits.) BUT they're important to their generation. Making new Zeppelin music would seem... sacrilegious.

Alright, I'm done. :) Everyone here have a good day!

McQ :rolleyes:

I gotta funny feeling.

There is a lot of talk in the hard-core fan community, especially avid bootleg collectors/listeners, that your voice went through a metamorphosis during Zeppelin, and changed pretty drastically in late 72 and into 73. What went through your head, or what did you feel when your voice started to become damaged and change? Was there a slow realization that you couldn't do the high pitched screaming and blues belting anymore, and did you go through a "mourning process" of sorts that you could no longer do what you once could? Was it hard to cope with or did you just deal with it and move on?

Drawn enough attention to yourself now, have you? :rolleyes:

Holy Cow!! You got that right... :slapface: Which actually blows me away because my initial post wasn't directed towards anyone other than Robert Plant - as the title of this thread would indicate... I guess you need to seek the community's approval before voicing your opinion here in Zep-land. I guess maybe I am being a little selfish but when I heard there was going to be a world tour following the O2 show, I was walking around with a shit eating grin :D like that guy on the Extends commercial (where all the ladies are smilin' pretty big, too... :rolleyes: ) Then hearing that Robert was the only one stopping it - it kinda put a bad taste in my mouth towards ol' Robert! Hey... It's his life but if you were just out on the road and you were all geared up to do the Zeppelin show as well... The only thing that pops into my mind is, "Thanks for nothin', asshole! Are you related to Axl Rose, by chance?! The two of you walk a lot a like!!" That's just my two cents - unsolicited, of course! Oh, well... I've lived 48 years without seeing them and it hasn't effected my too bad so I'm sure I get over it someday! But today just ain't the day!! LOL

Holy Cow!! You got that right... :slapface: Which actually blows me away because my initial post wasn't directed towards anyone other than Robert Plant - as the title of this thread would indicate... I guess you need to seek the community's approval before voicing your opinion here in Zep-land. I guess maybe I am being a little selfish but when I heard there was going to be a world tour following the O2 show, I was walking around with a shit eating grin :D like that guy on the Extends commercial (where all the ladies are smilin' pretty big, too... :rolleyes: ) Then hearing that Robert was the only one stopping it - it kinda put a bad taste in my mouth towards ol' Robert! Hey... It's his life but if you were just out on the road and you were all geared up to do the Zeppelin show as well... The only thing that pops into my mind is, "Thanks for nothin', asshole! Are you related to Axl Rose, by chance?! The two of you walk a lot a like!!" That's just my two cents - unsolicited, of course! Oh, well... I've lived 48 years without seeing them and it hasn't effected my too bad so I'm sure I get over it someday! But today just ain't the day!! LOL

Where did you hear they were going out on tour? That was all rumour. Robert was committed to a tour with Alison Krauss that was already planned after the 02 show. It was a ONE OFF show. And honestly - do you need to type in such large font?

Where did you hear they were going out on tour? That was all rumour. Robert was committed to a tour with Alison Krauss that was already planned after the 02 show. It was a ONE OFF show. And honestly - do you need to type in such large font?

The links are in my earlier posts - I didn't just make the shit up! I sat and listened to Jimmy Page on MTV say that as soon as Robert was done with his leg of the tour with Alison along about Sept or Oct that they could begin preparing to get on the road! And YES! I can't stand this teenie weenie little letters that I need to sit on my monitor to see - and I've got a 22" wide screen! With it mounted on my wall and my keyboard in my lap - I look like McGoo trying to see his hood ornament trying to read this tiny type! (And my Explorer 8 is magnified to 150% now! Sucks getting old, man! I'm almost 50 and feel like 150 sometimes! Too much clean, rock & roll livin' I think...??)

Looks like my earlier post were deleted...??

1. was "a source" in The Sun, of all non-credible rags,

2. "Robert Plant also [has] a parallel project running, and he's really busy with that project, certainly until September, so I can't give you any news," Page added. [Doesn't sound like a promise of a tour to me.]

1. was "a source" in The Sun, of all non-credible rags,

2. "Robert Plant also [has] a parallel project running, and he's really busy with that project, certainly until September, so I can't give you any news," Page added. [Doesn't sound like a promise of a tour to me.]

Those aren't the only ones and that's easy to say... NOW! I know that ticket scalpers were so sure it was a go they were taking deposits and the list of venues wasn't even out! Believe what you want but I've had this Bonham website going for a while and one room in my house is dedicated to Bonham with two replica kits like his (vintage not reissues), etc... I keep a pretty good eye on Bonham / Zep stuff and have for 40 years and I was beside myself with all that was in the media about how it was "ON"!!

Archived