Why cant Zeppelin music be played more frequently on the radio?

Simply hate how the radio nowadays put all sort of strange and horrible music.... My question is: WHAT ABOUT LED ZEPPELIN? Once heard Stairway, maybe like 3 years ago and from then i havent heard any song from them... simply annoyin

Program directors dictate playlists, and Led Zeppelin is found on fewer and fewer of them.

i really hate that.... they should take in consideration putting Zep songs once in a while

They only care about ratings and generating advertising dollars. I think you would enjoy reading free-form radio host Jim Ladd's book 'Radio Waves', written many years ago but available online, on ebay and/or amazon.com.

Radio Waves: Life and Revolution on the FM Dial

Product Details

• Pub. Date: May 1992
  • Publisher: St. Martin's Press
  • Format: Paperback , 332pp
  • ISBN-13: 9780312077860
  • ISBN: 0312077866
  • Edition Description: REV

Synopsis

An explosive, unforgettable look at the FM radio business through the eyes of one of its most colorful and idealistic personalities. Ladd follows the birth, blazing success, and tragic demise of FM free-form radio.

I can't scroll through the dial without hearing a Zep tune and I live out in the sticks.

I tend to have that happen to me a lot expect it's always the same few songs that I hear. But sometimes it's listening to the radio at the right time. I have gone days without hearing them. Then other days, I hear them a few times. It really depends. It can also depend on the station itself. For instance:

A local Chicago station by me called "97.9 The Loop" does something called "Get The Led Out" Monday-Friday at 8:00 P.M. They have been doing it for a while. They play three Zeppelin songs in a row. Usually, they go with less traditional radio songs like Four Sticks, Tangerine, Your Time Is Gonna Come, Thank You, Ramble On, etc. I like when I flip past the dial and hear them on the radio. It's makes me hope that someone else is flipping past and maybe hearing them for the first time. Hopefully changing their musical life. :stereo:

It would help if the radio stations I was near played anything other than Stairway to Heaven, Kashmir and Fool in the Rain on a regular basis. There are 80+ songs and live cuts too...... dry.gif

It's the same here. However, KISM in Bellingham Wash. does a pretty good job of digging into the Zeppelin catalogue and has done so for years

http://www.kism.com/

Led Zeppelin gets played to death on FM radio. The only problem being that, aside from programs like Get the Led Out (which are a part of every "classic rock" station out there), they don't play the deep album cuts. FM radio has suffered from this problem ever since the Classic Rock style of programming took hold and isn't likely to change any time soon. The only alternatives are progressive stations, college radio and satellite radio.

I don't listen to terrestrial radio anymore, but when I did, Led Zeppelin's music got beaten to death. It's one of the reasons I've grown to hate Stairway To Heaven. That said, if you want to hear more of their music on some kind of radio, you can either go with Internet radio, or satellite.

I just listen to my iPod. I like being able to pick what i want to listen to. Sometimes I listen to the radio. I don't like the mainstream stations because they play the same thing 10x's a day. We have a station here that plays everything. Literally. From Led Zeppelin to Notorious BIG which I like. Not the same old thing like other stations you know? We also got a classic rock station that plays a lot of Zeppelin. It comes in spurts; some days you won't hear anything good. Other days they play good stuff.

i get to hear every type of music except Zeppelins... Deep Purple, Credence Clearwater Revival, Rush, Blue Oyster Cult, Boston, The Doors, Kiss, but few zep tunes.. I just dislike those menudo people and ricky martin.. theyre all gay

Guess I was wrong. Just keep them in your sight, don't let them sneak up behind you. If you drop the soap, bend at the knees and don't tune your radio to any 80s gay-pop stations. OH shudder !

i get to hear every type of music except Zeppelins... Deep Purple, Credence Clearwater Revival, Rush, Blue Oyster Cult, Boston, The Doors, Kiss, but few zep tunes.. I just dislike those menudo people and ricky martin.. theyre all gay

While Ricky Martin is in fact, a gay man, I don't think we've heard anything about the orientations of other people that were in Menudo. That being said, using gay as an insult is kind of lame.

I personally hate Ricky Martin's music because it's too poppy and fluffy, and has no substance, not because he likes sleeping with dudes. I frankly could care less about that.

Today's over-the-air music radio, more than ever before is programmed for the banal ignorant masses, for the purpose of advertisers that need and are willing to pay to reach all the bulk of the ignorant masses, whatever genre of music they (the ignorant masses) are willing to listen to.

The "other" music stations, non-commercial and the like, play such weird and obtuse music, they are pointless, as well.

I saw something at the Fry's Electronics the other day.... a tabletop Wi-Fi radio that allows you to access more than 11,000 internet radio stations in 150 countries.

One would think that you could find better playlists on Internet Radio than on over-the-air corporate conglomerate "terrestrial" radio.

Here's one for under a $100: Aluratek AIRMM01 Internet Radio Alarm Clock with built-in WiFi

41o0b0idAfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I hear them constantly on the radio. But I guess it's true, that it depends on the area you live in. One of the classic rock radio stations here Q107 is actually nicknamed Q10-Zeppelin because of the amount of Zep tunes they play.

• 6 months later...

Archived