Anyone Else Miss The 90's?

OutriderX

Normally I'd be offended, but I don't have time now. I have to do two pushups, drink some hot water and then nap before my stories come on.

:hysterical:

I see no image? Perhaps it was not fit to be posted? I stand by my opinion.

It was Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam doing a stage dive. For some reason the image isn't showing up for me now either which is fine because this is the one I actually meant to post but I couldn't find it at the time:

park_1.jpg

To be exact, Roky Erickson and his 13th Floor Elevators started in the 60s and LUCKILY carried on the WIMPLESS legacy of good vibe music INTO the 80s

Roky's still around and released this album last year backed by Okkervil River:

roky.jpg

But I disagree with your point in every way - I don't think their success came from hype or image. I think their music is fantastic, and I wasn't tricked by fake credibility.

It is perfectly fine not to like a band - we can't all like the same stuff - but to completely misrepresent them is something else.

I'm sorry but its pretty dam obvious that alot of The Strokes sucess was down to hype and image, as I said I don't "dislike" there music but just find it entriely unremarkable, neither is it espeically catchy nore very adventurous.

As I said I think there sucess marked the turning point in music back towards the record companies having a high degree of control. Interesting adventurous music has still been produced in the 00's of course BUT its once again been largely relegated to the background. Meanwhile the mainstream has been dominated by very unadventurous straight again rock sold on the back of the alt/indie credibility leftover from the 90's. The Strokes, Coldplay, Kings of Leon, The White Stripes, Travis etc, all produce decent music but seem like a far cry from the days when the likes of Radiohead, Massive Attack, The Verve, Primal Scream, Spiritualized etc gained mainstream sucess.

I'm sorry but its pretty dam obvious that alot of The Strokes sucess was down to hype and image, as I said I don't "dislike" there music but just find it entriely unremarkable, neither is it espeically catchy nore very adventurous.

As I said I think there sucess marked the turning point in music back towards the record companies having a high degree of control. Interesting adventurous music has still been produced in the 00's of course BUT its once again been largely relegated to the background. Meanwhile the mainstream has been dominated by very unadventurous straight again rock sold on the back of the alt/indie credibility leftover from the 90's. The Strokes, Coldplay, Kings of Leon, The White Stripes, Travis etc, all produce decent music but seem like a far cry from the days when the likes of Radiohead, Massive Attack, The Verve, Primal Scream, Spiritualized etc gained mainstream sucess.

Well the fact is that it ISN'T obvious - it's what YOU think. I, and many others, think differently.

And I still disagree with you on every point.

Cheers :beer:

notagaina.jpg

By blackglove at 2011-03-21

Unbelieveable - you have been boring the pants off EVERYONE here spamming over and over again about your complete lack of knowledge of music from the 80s and 90s and the hilarious fact that you think Disco started with "Disco Duck".

Mr Kettle, meet Mr Pot. Then give us all a fecking break.

Unbelieveable - you have been boring the pants off EVERYONE here spamming over and over again about your complete lack of knowledge of music from the 80s and 90s and the hilarious fact that you think Disco started with "Disco Duck".

Mr Kettle, meet Mr Pot. Then give us all a fecking break.

YOU better give us ALL a break:):):)!!!....if you didn't realize, this is called DEBATING, jot spamming:):):)

YOU better give us ALL a break:):):)!!!....if you didn't realize, this is called DEBATING, jot spamming:):):)

So you DEBATE by joining in a conversation you weren't part of by posting a pathetic comment picture? When you LEARN how to debate, let us all know will you?

Spam. :rolleyes:

Archived