jasons drum kit

It was a recreation of Bonzo's Amber Ludwig Vistalite kit from the mid-70s. I thought the first album cover on the bass drum skin a nice touch, yes? B)

I liked the bass drum head too,

I noticed it when I enlarged some of the photo's posted from the rehearsal.

And Jason really rocks!!

I always thought one of the best things about Zep was the drums.

Well it STILL is!

I like how his dad's 3 rings symbol are on the underside of the cymbals! great touch!

I think the kit was amber to replicate his dad's kit and not yellow, however. I think because Jason's kit was lit up more because of the hi-tech lighting it looked yellow but I am just guessing. I think us drummers can discuss this without a "blow out" like those in the other threads. :D

I think the yellow vistalites are too light to look amber with lighting on them but the amber can look lighter or darker depending on the lighting. Bonzo's kit did not usually have so much white light on them so they always looked "darker" from what i can tell.

I would like to know for sure just for grins and giggles now that this has come up. If anyone finds a definitive source with this info please post.

Thanks to all!

peace!

Pop I

i always called it gold color...but whatever color he sure blew the place away with that kit!

KUDOS TO JASON. I want to hear more so it looks like I have to buy some Foreigner stuff....and wait for the DVD from this conccert!!!

MY NEW FAVORITE DRUMMER LIST:

1. John Bonham & Jason Bonham tied

2. Keith Moon

3. Mitch Mitchell

4. Rick Allen

5. the guy in Rush

6. Ian Paice

7. Stewart Copeland

all the rest

hhmmmmm.. that doesn't look like a 26" kick drum to me.... maybe he used a 24? I hope not!

I agree, he normally uses a 24, I wonder........... :unsure:

also, did he have any muffling in it at the show ??

he uses Zildjian cyms. B)

i always called it gold color...but whatever color he sure blew the place away with that kit!

KUDOS TO JASON. I want to hear more so it looks like I have to buy some Foreigner stuff....and wait for the DVD from this conccert!!!

2. Keith Moon

3. Mitch Mitchell

4. Rick Allen

5. the guy in Rush

6. Ian Paice

7. Stewart Copeland

all the rest

:hysterical: "the guy in Rush" :hysterical:

2. Keith Moon

3. Mitch Mitchell

4. Rick Allen

5. the guy in Rush

6. Ian Paice

7. Stewart Copeland

all the rest

C'mon man! his name's Neil Peart.

:blush:sorry i guess this working two jobs and taking an night time online class when i get home isn't agreeing with my brain! i went brain dead please forgive me! but it is shame on me no excuse!!! i appreciate the guy a lot!! many don't.

i meant to say

neil peart yeah!!

am i back in good graces now? :)

Orange, yellow...you guys are missing the point. Correct me if I`m wrong...but I never seen the tamborine that used to sit in top of Bonzo`s cymbols. This is one of the things that made his sound unique. Jason played better than great but I was disappointed not to see or hear this.

Bonzo didn't use the tambourine for every song...Moby Dick and others yes.

:blush:sorry i guess this working two jobs and taking an night time online class when i get home isn't agreeing with my brain! i went brain dead please forgive me! but it is shame on me no excuse!!! i appreciate the guy a lot!! many don't.

i meant to say

neil peart yeah!!

am i back in good graces now? :)

:D its all good, it just struck me as funny......

sadly, for the show, they cut a hole in the outter kick head and stuck a Shure Beta 52 in there. Still rings with no muffling, but adds a tad of the 80's "thud" as opposed to micing off the outer head.....true Bonzo style.....where every kick beat has a breath.

that was the first thing I noticed............Jason usually doesn't use a solid front head, and as you know, it can take a while to get used to, maybe he didn't feel 100% comfortable with it.either way, he still ROCKED B)

Archived