Obama/Osama

redrum

Ok, how many times have you gotten their names mixed up when the topic comes up? :D

Never. I can tell the difference between two names separated by only one letter. Aside from Ted Kennedy, who was older than dirt in that YouTube video posted, I have to wonder about the intellect of people NOT over the age of 70 who are unable to tell the difference between the two.

Never. I can tell the difference between two names separated by only one letter.

You had to ask.

Although I am not the author of this thread, I'm making an educated guess it was meant more as a jest than a serious discussion.

Jeeze.

I've done it before when talking to other about either.

I've heard it done several times over the last week by broadcasters and talk show hosts on radio and TV. Very easy to do and mix up.

It's so very easy to blurt the wrong name with this. One letter difference in pronunciation makes it a no brainer. Those who have such a hard time understanding this probably are so PC that such a boner is beyond their 'acceptance'. Like so many other obvious things in life. Lighten up.

I'd love to say I've never mixed them up...but I can't. Although at least I've never mixed up the names when writing a paper or posting. But in conversation, there have been a couple times where I've slipped up and said Osama when I meant Obama. Strangely enough, I've never done the reverse; said Obama when I meant Osama.

But it's understandable when you're speaking; especially if you are at a party and have had a few drinks :beer:

What I find less forgivable, nay unconscionable, is when the mistake is made in writing, where you have the ability to self-edit.

And what's really beyond the pale is when news broadcasters make the mistake...you're a professional, act like one. Like when Fox News kept making the slip on their bottom-of-the-screen news crawl during the 2008 election; it was such a transparent attempt to slur Obama.

My God, lighten up. Nobody has ever had an innocent slip like that? I did and it wasn't because I thought the President was a "sleeper cell Muslim" either. Good grief.

"You say tomato I say tomato.......let's call the whole thing off".

Well, my mom has always joked about how similar the names Obama and Osama sound :lol: I also think it's rather funny but under the present circumstances, I don't think I'll even dare make a slip up like that! :wacko: Yes, even if I'm drunk, I sure as hell won't make a slip up like that! Yikes! :P

Well, my mom has always joked about how similar the names Obama and Osama sound :lol: I also think it's rather funny but under the present circumstances, I don't think I'll even dare make a slip up like that! :wacko: Yes, even if I'm drunk, I sure as hell won't make a slip up like that! Yikes! :P

Don't worry Kiwi, people will be making up jokes about him very soon if not already, twas the same when the Irish Terrorist, oops Freedom Fighter, Bobby Sands died while on hunger strike, it was said he was buried in Hurricane Higgins Snooker Case because he was so thin, oh the way some people cope with adversity creases me up sometimes.

Kind Regards, Danny

Archived