The simple joy of Bron-Yr-Aur stomp

Of all the Zep songs, Bron-Yr-Aur stomp (studio or live versions) is the one song that can really make me feel good when I'm feeling down. This is a song that gets your feet tapping and you just have to sing along. I'm sure I look like a nutter in my car every time I play the song.

Anyone else have this reaction?

I'm so glad they used the name of the cottage in this song title. It really underscores through the music how important the time spent there my Jimmy and Robert was. Something to shine through for all of us fans over the decades. Awesome!

Of all the Zep songs, Bron-Yr-Aur stomp (studio or live versions) is the one song that can really make me feel good when I'm feeling down. This is a song that gets your feet tapping and you just have to sing along. I'm sure I look like a nutter in my car every time I play the song.

I'm so glad they used the name of the cottage in this song title. It really underscores through the music how important the time spent there my Jimmy and Robert was. Something to shine through for all of us fans over the decades. Awesome!

You can't help but tap along to this song....

:)

Hi Brad,

You hit the nail right on the head mate. :thumbsup:

Regards, Danny

LZ played this at two of the first Zep concerts I attended - almost all of us were stomping and clapping (and some of us were singing) along with the song. It's a beautiful, precious memory. I loved the song then and I love it now. :)

Same here...my first 2 Zeppelin shows were LA and Long Beach in 1972 and the Stomp was a stomping success! Clapping and singing along, it was like the world's largest campfire. :)

Same here...my first 2 Zeppelin shows were LA and Long Beach in 1972 and the Stomp was a stomping success! Clapping and singing along, it was like the world's largest campfire. :)

I was on the opposite coast :) and the Stomp was a stomping success there too. The vibe and the connection between Zep and the fans in those years was amazing and wonderful.

It's a charming little ditty.

Must admit that before I started my OCD boot-listening programme, BYAS was just half of a 2-song yawn at the end of LZIII for me. But the joyous live renditions have transformed my view.

Wish they'd played it 'Jennings Farm electric-stylee' live now & again, though. That woulda been a blast :)

I agree with you 100%. There is something about the song that makes it nearly impossible to keep your body still while listening to it. I love this song! One of my favorites on III.

^ Dancing Days always makes me happy :)

Yes! Great call! Plant sounds so jubilant in that song. I can't help but feel the same way. :D

It's a great song whether studio or live. My favorite live version would have to be from the Forum on June 25, 1972. I wish they had put this version on HTWWW and not from Long Beach. It's definitely a bit better than the one from the 27th.

:D

I have a cousin who just hates most Rock & Roll music and he mostly only listens to country music. So one time I was playing this compilation CD of mine in the car that had "country like" rock songs (The Eagles, Neil Young, The Band etc), but also had Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp on it as well. Well, my cousin got excited about the song and asked me, "who was that, they are great!" So I told him it was Led Zeppelin and he almost fell out of the car,

I then got him to listen to Over The Hills And Far Away and he admitted that he might have been wrong about Led Zeppelin.

That's hilarious! :lol:

It's a great song whether studio or live. My favorite live version would have to be from the Forum on June 25, 1972. I wish they had put this version on HTWWW and not from Long Beach. It's definitely a bit better than the one from the 27th.

I hear ya, Super Dave! It's one of those crazy quirks that are part of nearly every Led Zeppelin live release. For HTWWW, I always wonder if someone misread a memo or something, because both That's the Way and Bron-Y-Aur Stomp seem to be misrepresented.

For That's the Way, they use the Forum version where Robert forgets the last verse and goes to the last chorus too soon. They should have used the Long Beach one, where I don't recall him messing up the lyrics.

Then, for Bron-Y-Aur Stomp, they use Long Beach, which is a nice version, but lacks the extra oomph and crowd atmosphere of the Forum version.

So instead of LA Forum That's the Way and Long Beach Bron-Y-Aur Stomp, it should have been the other way around: Long Beach That's ..., followed by LA Forum Stomp.

Yeah, I know...I'm nitpicking. :slapface: Don't get me started on the gutting of the encores.

Back to the studio version of Bron-Y-Aur Stomp, I have used this song, and Led Zep III, particularly side 2, to turn many self-professed Led Zeppelin-haters into grudging admirers. Even my dad. It's one of the albums I used to gently ease my first girlfriend into Zeppelin.

In fact, if you caught me on a certain day, THIS(LZ III) might be the ONE Led Zeppelin album I save from a fire or take on a deserted isle, if I can only pick one. Especially if I can take my super-deluxe version...first made on cassette in the 80's...now currently burned on cd...the live tracks have changed from time-to-time.

Here is the track listing for my super-deluxe Led Zeppelin III:

1. Immigrant Song

2. Friends

3. Celebration Day

4. Since I've Been Loving You

5. Out on the Tiles

6. Jennings Farm Blues (studio outtake)

7. Gallows Pole

8. Tangerine

9. That's the Way

10. Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

11. Feel So Bad/Fixing to Die/ That's Alright Mama (studio outtake...Hat's Off to Harper music with different lyrics)

12. Poor Tom (from Coda)

13. Hey Hey What Can I Do

Bonus Live Tracks:

14. Out on the Tiles (Live @ LA Forum 9-4-70)

15. Bron-Yr-Aur (Live @ LA Forum 9-4-70)

16. That's the Way (Live @ Berkeley 9-14-71)

17. Celebration Day (Live @ Osaka 9-29-71)

I really like that one!

As do I. Though no one plays it quite like Doc Watson, it was Randy Scruggs' version from the Earl Scruggs: His Family and Friends soundtrack album that first put it on my musical map. For years, I only had the album to enjoy but around 4-5 years ago I stumbled upon a copy of the original movie on DVD. It's a must for any fan of Earl Scruggs, Bob Dylan or the Byrds as they all appear in the movie as well as on the soundtrack.

• 5 months later...

Great, happy, Zeppelin tune. Definitely a uplifting song. Jennings Farm Blues! Robert Plant must of really loved Strider....

This video shows Jimmy isn't sloppy when he wants to. Amazing song and this is my fave version. Jimmy is on fire here!

That Earl's Court version of Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp is the best live version in my opinion. That solo Jimmy throws in is incredible and very hard to play and master. Jimmy was only sloppy when he wanted to be sloppy. The H might have added to this...

Archived