The Reunion DVD

Al Rock Suth

Hey guys, just a thread to say, that yes as we all predicted they are realising a DVD on Monday's reunion gig, not sure when but it'll be sooner rather than later i think, which is a great thing, the gig has got great reviews so far and i think i'll be special to see the gig that 20million people tryed to get tickets for. hope it looks good on dvd

the setlist from the night was:

The Song Remains The Same DVD Intro Tape, “beating the bettles”

From The Album

'Good Times Bad Times' 1

'Ramble On' 2

'Black Dog' 4

Plant, “Good evening”

'In My Time Of Dying' Physical Graffiti

'For Your Life' Presence

'Trampled Under Foot' Physical Graffiti

'Nobody's Fault But Mine' Presence

'No Quarter' House Of The Holy

'Since I've Been Loving You' 3

'Dazed And Confused' 1

Plant, “On guitar Jimmy Page”

'Stairway To Heaven' 4

Plant "Ahmet, we did it!"

'The Song Remains The Same' House Of The Holy

'Misty Mountain Hop' 4

'Kashmir' Physical Graffiti

'Whole Lotta Love' 2

'Rock And Roll' 4

The setlist was a good mix of the zep back catalog but it was too focused on the newer albums like presence and graffiti, would have liked to see Heartbreaker, Communication Breakdown and the Immigrant Song on the setlist but hey it's still and amazing effort from the guys that haven't played together in so long. Kashmir and Stairway were apparently the best tracks live of the night according to fan's reactions etc so should be good to see this stuff and plus having doing a few songs for the first time live it always makes this gig extra special, hope to see the dvd in stores soon.

link to other site that says the dvd is coming out - my good friends at Kerrang:

http://www2.kerrang.com/2007/12/led_zeppel..._reunion_d.html

cheers!

The news shot of black dog proves that somebody was professionally recording the concert, and because the concert went so well, I think we can rest assured that a DVD will surface at some time or another.

Ah.....a DVD will probably be released but will it be the complete show? Let's hope it isn't hacked to pieces.

How do we know the "news shot" wasn't filmed by the media? I'd like to believe a DVD is in the works but a few news clips doesn't mean the band had a film crew there.

There were plenty of cameras there. Watch the footage on youtube. There were two onstage that I saw and there was one in front of the stage that would move the length of the stage. As to weather or not there were cameras up high on a jib or not, I do not know.

Anyone else?

The news is not going to multiple cameras onstage and be edited the way it was.

Peace.

All the news footage in the UK had the disclaimer 'Copyright Led Zeppelin' on it so the band was obviously supplying the media, rather than the media trying to get its own shots.

I also saw cameras all over the place in the O2 which leads me to believe that the gig was being filmed.

If it was a roaring success (which it was), they could then release the concert as a DVD. If it had been a disaster, they would have kept the footage as a home movie I guess.

Although I was at the concert, I would dearly love to see the DVD. For most of the gig I was just stupified that I was actually seeing Led Zeppelin live and just couldn't take in the enormity of it all.

I see no reason why it would be shortened. Madison Square garden was until recently, but the O2 was a comparitively short gig.

Perhaps they could say, any song performance wasn't good?! Who knows? But i want to see the whole concert, cause i wasn't at the concert. Every fan is waiting for a release. So why not? And why not the complete? IF, then complete. No cuts, no fucking ovverdubs etc. Just UNCUT and COMPLETE!!

I haven't read the entire thread, but I can confirm there were at least a dozen professional cameras at the gig. I was ten rows back from the front of the standing area and there were cameras on tracks right across the front of the stage. There were 2 TV style cameras either side of the mix desk (middle of standing area). There were cameras behind the stage, cameramen walking amongst the bandmembers (well close anyway). A guy with a professional floating camera thingy (waist mounted) was on stage right most of the gig.

There was even an authorised cameraman in the crowd near me, filming the crown cut shots for a movie I'd say. Why else have someone in the crowd, if not to cut it for DVD?

Of course it was filmed professionally, how else would they get the images onto the big screens.

I was sat way above the mixing desks and could see at least 12 screens showing images from 12 different camera's.

I am sure any DVD will be top quality. Can't wait. Still buzzing after Monday.........

Although I was at the concert, I would dearly love to see the DVD. For most of the gig I was just stupified that I was actually seeing Led Zeppelin live and just couldn't take in the enormity of it all.

Ditto, I was there, and would love to see the DVD so that I could get a better perspective of the gig. I was standing on the floor, and for a large chunk of the time was watching the screen because I could hardly see the band on stage, too many heads in the way.

Also because the bootleg I have is OK as boots go, but hardly comes anywhere near capturing the atmosphere which I can still feel 3 nights later. If the DVD is as successful at capturing the gig as Cream's Albert Hall release from a couple of years back, it will be worth it's weight in gold.

Of course it was filmed professionally, how else would they get the images onto the big screens.

I was sat way above the mixing desks and could see at least 12 screens showing images from 12 different camera's.

I am sure any DVD will be top quality. Can't wait. Still buzzing after Monday.........

I'm sure Jimmy Page doesn't want to painstakingly salvage and enhance and digitally remaster anymore footage of his band. He's done enough of that already, hasn't he?

Of course it was filmed, and filmed in the best possible 21st century state-of-the-art way.

Archived