The Reunion DVD

Al Rock Suth

There were plenty of cameras there. Watch the footage on youtube. There were two onstage that I saw and there was one in front of the stage that would move the length of the stage. As to weather or not there were cameras up high on a jib or not, I do not know.

Anyone else?

The news is not going to multiple cameras onstage and be edited the way it was.

Peace.

The first thing I noticed was the cameras as I was hoping prior to the concert that it would be professionally filmed. The BBC news footage was probably pro shot and not a news cameraman.

From here:

http://www.aeroforceone.com/index.cfm/pk/v...72918/pid/10798

"It was dangerously close to showtime and I had to find my seat. On my way I spotted Mr. Udo the famed Japanese promoter. I was just as happy to see him as I was Page. He asked how the band was doing and wished them well. I also said hi to Dick (Scatman) Carruthers who was filming the show for a DVD."

Note, "Carruthers who was filming the show for a DVD."

I'm sure Jimmy Page doesn't want to painstakingly salvage and enhance and digitally remaster anymore footage of his band. He's done enough of that already, hasn't he?

Of course it was filmed, and filmed in the best possible 21st century state-of-the-art way.

Im still waiting for him to release earls court!

Keep in mind that "professionally shot" doesn't necessarily mean it was with the intent of release. The cameras were there, as always, to provide the video to the screens. While I'd certainly love to have this come out, seeing a dozen cameras doesn't prove anything at this point. Fingers crossed though. Everything I've seen has been absolutely stellar! :beer:

I just heard on 97.7 hits fm that the O2 dvd is coming out. They said Zeppelin was aggressively removing all the You Tube clips. They didn't know when exactly it will be released...but it's coming

Wasn't this cleared up on another thread, that it wasn't Led Zep. or Warners that had instructed YouTube to move them.

?

I just heard on 97.7 hits fm that the O2 dvd is coming out. They said Zeppelin was aggressively removing all the You Tube clips. They didn't know when exactly it will be released...but it's coming

That sounds good !! But we know how long it takes all things Zep to come out !! so maybe it will be anice Xmas present next year <_<

Wasn't this cleared up on another thread, that it wasn't Led Zep. or Warners that had instructed YouTube to move them.

?

welcome to forums.ledzeppelin.com, where everything has been covered in a previous thread. Numerous times. INCLUDING the potential release of a DVD.

>Hey guys, just a thread to say, that yes as we all predicted they are realising a DVD on Monday's reunion gig...

Let's hope that it doesn't take them 3 years to get this DVD out like it took them to get out TSRTS!

Of course it was filmed professionally, how else would they get the images onto the big screens.

I was sat way above the mixing desks and could see at least 12 screens showing images from 12 different camera's.

I am sure any DVD will be top quality. Can't wait. Still buzzing after Monday.........

Its hard to find a big concert these days where there ISN'T a camera crew and director switching for a large video screen. You can be sure all those cameras were HD, and the video from every camera was recorded for the entire show. When they make the DVD, they will not be stuck with the video switched for the big screen, just like they won't be stuck with the house audio mix.

Its hard to find a big concert these days where there ISN'T a camera crew and director switching for a large video screen. You can be sure all those cameras were HD, and the video from every camera was recorded for the entire show. When they make the DVD, they will not be stuck with the video switched for the big screen, just like they won't be stuck with the house audio mix.

Of course, any DVD release will feature all the other acts too. They were paying tribute to Ahmet Ertegun too!

maybe space to fit four or five Zeppelin track ;)

probly wishful thinking, but it'd be great (and make sense) if they could release the DVD in April/May 2008, just as they are getting ready to to take their show to America in the summer!

I just want to see what's going to be edited from the show (ie. the all to noticeable collective miscue they had during one the most crucial parts of Dazed and Confused, a song which was supposed to be a main highlight of the set) and if there will be any overdubs or not. I just hope they release it AS IS.

i know a lot of the cameras were there to provide pictures for the large screen. But if you watch the video clips of kashmir..the cameras are fliming the band on stage and from the pit in front..but the footage doesnt appear on the screens...only the computer graphics. :thumbsup: so heres hoping they were filming for a dvd. I was sitting soo far up in the arena..some of my view was blocked by parts of the 02 roof!! The arena did say that these seats were not suitable for people with a fear of heights..what they should have said was to bring binoculars!! Even the big screen was not enough at times! :(

Aren't at least some of the cameras there to provide material for the live visual 'mix' on the screens? Rather than being turned on and off at set times, don't they just keep filming all the way through so the 'live' images can be interspersed with graphics etc throughout the show? If so, there would indeed be 'live' band footage covering the whole show. Or have I got this wrong?

Aren't at least some of the cameras there to provide material for the live visual 'mix' on the screens? Rather than being turned on and off at set times, don't they just keep filming all the way through so the 'live' images can be interspersed with graphics etc throughout the show? If so, there would indeed be 'live' band footage covering the whole show. Or have I got this wrong?
No, you are absolutely right. All the cameras have simultaneous live feeds.......all leading to a switchbay where a technical director is looking at multiple screens and he directs which camera shot to cut to next and that is what gets projected on the screen. It's almost certain that all the camera feeds also fed into stacks of independant recorders for posterity.

BUT......I would'nt hold my breath for a uncut DVD. There has yet to be a single release by Page that was'nt edited. And besides, if you look around the net, you'll soon find full unedited dvd's made by fans in attendance that are of really good quality. And there REALLY good quality audio recordings available right now....one just came out yesterday and is incredible sounding!!!

Archived