New Years Parties and Food and Drink

LedZeppfan77

My newlywed daughter will be at some fancy Manhattan hotel. The Royalton near Times Square. She sure gets around. Past year, Italy, Brazil, Chicago and more. I was lucky to go to Cape Cod. Anyway, what is everyone doing on New years Eve? I will no doubt stay in with the wife. I think I will get Lamb Chops for New Years day. My wife will not eat them. I will with mint jelly. As for New Years eve its either red wine or Vodka? Not sure. But never mix. Not good. I cant drink beer like I used too in the winter. I have a pint of Guinness Stout Ill have tonight. As for food I had some smelt on Xmas Eve so will go with shrimp and perhaps Alaskan Halibut or another type of fish. Hope you all have a good time whereever you go. Happy New Year early!

We'll be home - my husband has a show that night, but he should be home around 11. A nice bottle of bubbly and snacks and TV...my favorite way to spend NYE.

I must say Rick, you sure know how to do food - I love lamb!!

Happy New Year to all!!

Why cant my wife be a little more like you? Sigh. Wont eat lamb chops. Won't watch the Orioles. Your husband is lucky. So a show? Do you want to tell what that is about? If not I understand. Happy New Year.

He works at the National Theatre downtown. He's a stagehand. I also work there, but very infrequently.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and prosperous New Year as well. We are going to watch the Chick-Fil-A bowl game; we'll do something casual and laid back. I'm not much of a drinker but some good munchies will be nice! :)

Good luck in dealing with those Auburn fans, Virginia!

(just kidding)

Smelt are a small fresh water fish like a sardine. Not salty though. They are breaded and deep fried and very good. An Italian tradition around here on Xmas Eve. And I know how to cook Lamb and many other things. I used to be a head cook in several restaurants. Happy New Year.

My newlywed daughter will be at some fancy Manhattan hotel. The Royalton near Times Square. She sure gets around. Past year, Italy, Brazil, Chicago and more. I was lucky to go to Cape Cod. Anyway, what is everyone doing on New years Eve? I will no doubt stay in with the wife. I think I will get Lamb Chops for New Years day. My wife will not eat them. I will with mint jelly. As for New Years eve its either red wine or Vodka? Not sure. But never mix. Not good. I cant drink beer like I used too in the winter. I have a pint of Guinness Stout Ill have tonight. As for food I had some smelt on Xmas Eve so will go with shrimp and perhaps Alaskan Halibut or another type of fish. Hope you all have a good time whereever you go. Happy New Year early!

LedZeppfan77, don't you know you're supposed to eat pork, black eyed peas and turnip greens on New Years Day? All for good luck, good health, money and whatever else. It's a southern thing that needs to go nationwide. I'm from the midwest, but that's how it's done down here. Although I could certainly make an exception for lamb chops....

LedZeppfan77, don't you know you're supposed to eat pork, black eyed peas and turnip greens on New Years Day? All for good luck, good health, money and whatever else. It's a southern thing that needs to go nationwide. I'm from the midwest, but that's how it's done down here. Although I could certainly make an exception for lamb chops....

My husband is doing the ham/black eyed peas thing on New Year's Day. I don't eat pork, so he offered to make me chicken. Maybe I'll suggest lamb... :)

Love lamb...just not with mint jelly. I'll spice it up with some garlic, rosemary and pepper. But no mint.

I love how the Indians do lamb...lamb tikka masala is one of those dishes that I want to have for my hypothetical Last Supper.

I'm not sure what I'm cooking for New Year's...partly because I'm not sure yet what my plans are going to be.

I'm leaning towards comfort food...like a nice Irish Stew and some Guinness. But a part of me is also craving a dark, complex Mole, so maybe I'll make aome pork or lamb mole negro enchiladas.

Hmmmm... :Thinking:

My New Year's Eve is going to be pretty quiet (as usual). There are a couple of good movies on tonight. Besides, my extremely annoying next door neighbours are planning "the party of the year" :slapface: Oh joy! :lol: Those people are famous for making a racket! <_<

Anyway, I have bought some Gin and my mom will be making some pasta. All I can say now is "bring on the good times" ;) Plus, there will be a little "trip" to the back of my apartment to view the fireworks show from the Sky Tower! :D

My New Year's Eve is going to be pretty quiet (as usual). There are a couple of good movies on tonight. Besides, my extremely annoying next door neighbours are planning "the party of the year" :slapface: Oh joy! :lol: Those people are famous for making a racket! <_<

Anyway, I have bought some Gin and my mom will be making some pasta. All I can say now is "bring on the good times" ;) Plus, there will be a little "trip" to the back of my apartment to view the fireworks show from the Sky Tower! :D

Hi 'Kiwi' hope you and your mum have a great time.. :toast: ...

What a View you will have, how will they be able to top last years show...

Hi 'Kiwi' hope you and your mum have a great time.. :toast: ...

What a View you will have, how will they be able to top last years show...

Hi Fool! :wave:

Thank you very much! :D Will you and your family be going downtown for the fireworks display? As usual, London is always famous for its spectacular New Year celebrations! ;) And yes, as usual, I will be witnessing the fireworks display at the Sky Tower. Hopefully, the fireworks display will be even more colourful than last year! I know that's a bit too much to ask, but hey, I guess one can hope for the best! :lol:

I hope everyone has a wonderful and prosperous New Year as well. We are going to watch the Chick-Fil-A bowl game; we'll do something casual and laid back. I'm not much of a drinker but some good munchies will be nice! :)

Oddly enough, my 13 year-old son will be at that game.

His friend's mom is going, so they invited him along.

He's spending the night with them tonight, in the morning they leave for ATL and the Chick-Fil-A Bowl.

Spend the night Saturday night in ATL.

Sunday they're going to a Falcons Tailgate party.

Spend the night Sunday night in ATL.

Home Monday.

Back to school Tuesday.

Rascal gets around more than me.

Hi Fool! :wave:

Thank you very much! :D Will you and your family be going downtown for the fireworks display? As usual, London is always famous for its spectacular New Year celebrations! ;) And yes, as usual, I will be witnessing the fireworks display at the Sky Tower. Hopefully, the fireworks display will be even more colourful than last year! I know that's a bit too much to ask, but hey, I guess one can hope for the best! :lol:

Hi 'Kiwi'

I will be watching the firework display from the comfort of my armchair on the T.V.

Not going to any parties this year, and will spend sometime on Skype talking with Leo, or I will talk to him while he tries eating the Camera. :lol:

Spent the final Friday of 2011 at Mt. Rainer National Park in Washington State having lunch at The Longmire Inn before making the drive up to snow-covered Paradise. Moving on to British Columbia Saturday morning for New Years weekend with family and friends.

See ya when you get here !

Archived