Which book could you not put down?

joe (Liverpool)

Yikes! I read that when I was a kid. Scared the hell out of me. The Magic Cottage was another.

I first read it when I was a kid too, and the two sequels Lair and Domain. The graphic way James Herbert describes things was very disturbing to me back then!

Shame that The Rats was made into a laughable film.

I first read it when I was a kid too, and the two sequels Lair and Domain. The graphic way James Herbert describes things was very disturbing to me back then!

Shame that The Rats was made into a laughable film.

I've never read the sequels but with the magic of the inter web I just bought them for my e reader

Another great scare is 'The Woods Are Dark' by Richard Laymon

looks good

I have Groucho's Biography..20118829.JPG

i first read the harpo one when i was about 16, i think. i was prepared for how funny and WARM it was. harpo really loved his brothers a lot. i would like to read his sons book, too.

i haven't read the one you mentioned ... i can''t quite make out the title ... i have just started reading groucho's son arthurs' book about him. of course these are all written years ago ....

When I had to read novels in school I figured the last book in the world I could ever get hooked on was Gone With the Wind. After struggling through the first 100 pages or so, I was then hooked. Another book I really loved was Instant Replay by Jerry Kramer. A diary actually by the former Green Bay Packer guard who stamped his ticket to immortality with that famous block in the freeze bowl vs Dallas in 1967.

I don't tend to read many novels but the last one to really get me hooked was The Book of the New Sun by Gene Wolfe...

9780312890179.jpg

Alot of sci fi/fantasy seems rather clinched and cheesey to me but these books are incredabley dense and interesting, rather like a weirder more disorganised version of Dune.

Archived