Led Zeppelin Christmas-time "activity" coming?

Chatter on the Internet states that there will be some sort of "activity" coming from Led Zeppelin around Christmas.

Who whould have ever thought LZ was so "traditional"?

My bet is the O2 concert will be avaialbe on DVD/BR disc.

DT

PS: To the Mods of this site, many of my posts have either been deleted or moved. Not sure why, but if you do that to this one, I'm outta here.

My bet is the O2 concert will be avaialbe on DVD/BR disc.

DT

PS: To the Mods of this site, many of my posts have either been deleted or moved. Not sure why, but if you do that to this one, I'm outta here.

:hysterical: :hysterical: :wave:

Who whould have ever thought LZ was so "traditional"

There's nothing so traditional as money .... If you have something big to sell, Christmas is the time to go for it.... or if you prefer : Happy Holidays !

It's just an established window for mass-marketing ..

I'm sure if he chooses Jimmy can view it as the big pre- Winter Solstice marketing rush ..

If red and white are included isn't that pretty much a sure sign that Jack White is involved?

According to some insiders, rumors are that Jack sold Meg to Zeppelin as a replacement for Bonzo to play on the album. It's gonna be called Meg Zeppelin 1.

The new book of conversations with Jimmy, Light and Shade by Brad Tolinski comes out in Oct.

2013-2014 is a big year for Capricorns - could be career or personal life. All the same, I think you're right DragonTelecaster, something is coming.

The new book of conversations with Jimmy, Light and Shade by Brad Tolinski comes out in Oct.

2013-2014 is a big year for Capricorns - could be career or personal life. All the same, I think you're right DragonTelecaster, something is coming.

DragonTelecaster didn't mention in their post but apparently Eddie Trunk (of That Metal Show) recently tweeted something about some Zeppelin activity happening around Christmas via his Twitter account that went something like this:

Heard from a very reliable source backstage at Aerosmith show that there will be some sort of Led Zeppelin activity around Christmas...

It's also under discusion in this thread: Eddie Trunk Tweet About Zeppelin.

Chatter on the Internet states that there will be some sort of "activity" coming from Led Zeppelin around Christmas.

Who whould have ever thought LZ was so "traditional"?

The Led Zeppelin boxed set (1990) was released to coincide with the Christmas shopping season, as was Mothership (2007).

There is the remote chance of Guitar Hero: Led Zeppelin being released. It showed up on a CV a while back, the developers have expressed their interest in it, and a video production company has been filming 70s-style audiences for the game.

Led Zeppelin will release "Behind the scenes of why we didn't get back together" in bloody red-ray. Rumor has it Jimmy was so mad at Robert for wearing his straw hats to rehearsals he was chasing him around the practice hall with a 4' violin bow threatening to find new chords where the sun don't shine. JPJ in the mean time was caught cheating in a game of backgammon against Jason and Jason tarred and feathered his stand-up bass. JPJ retaliated by blasting moby dick backwards while Jason was taking a number 2. All this and more. Can't wait! Jimmy wants to limit the release to 1000 at 23,000.00 a piece, Robert is asking for 8.99 at Walmart while JPJ just wants his stand-up bass back. Oh, the 02 concert will be included as well, but we've all seen it a 100 times.......

There is the remote chance of Guitar Hero: Led Zeppelin being released. It showed up on a CV a while back, the developers have expressed their interest in it, and a video production company has been filming 70s-style audiences for the game.

I can tell you this will never happen as Jimmy Page said so. I posted something about this last year- he thinks it is lame and people should learn real guitar- something to that degree. haha

^ I've argued that with gamers about a thousand times. For the cost of the the game and the fake guitar you can buy a real guitar and in the days of youtube can get decent instructions for free. Apparently this is not as fun as make believe guitar in which case the cheapest way to play make believe guitar is to play air guitar and save yourself some money and look a little less like a nerd.

I can tell you this will never happen as Jimmy Page said so. I posted something about this last year- he thinks it is lame and people should learn real guitar- something to that degree. haha

^ I've argued that with gamers about a thousand times. For the cost of the the game and the fake guitar you can buy a real guitar and in the days of youtube can get decent instructions for free. Apparently this is not as fun as make believe guitar in which case the cheapest way to play make believe guitar is to play air guitar and save yourself some money and look a little less like a nerd.

The idea that Jimmy is totally against Guitar Hero is a bit of an exaggeration. Originally he said in a press conference for It Might Get Loud that he finds it hard to believe that people would actually learn anything from games like this. The really anti-Guitar Hero comments came from Jack White during the same interview and have often been wrongly attributed to Jimmy.

As far as I know the only reason that Jimmy has blocked any Led Zeppelin rhythm action games was that the developers require access to the original master recordings.

In defense of games like Guitar Hero, they introduced me to rock music and without them I would never have discovered such great music like Led Zeppelin.

Also the guy who told me about the Led Zeppelin audience video is a pretty reliable person.

In defense of games like Guitar Hero, they introduced me to rock music and without them I would never have discovered such great music like Led Zeppelin.

Also the guy who told me about the Led Zeppelin audience video is a pretty reliable person.

It's cool with me if anyone wants to play the game I just can't wrap my brain around pretending to play guitar. When it comes to being a sports player or war hero or what have you video games are about as close as most people can get. But anyone can obtain and play a guitar.

It's cool with me if anyone wants to play the game I just can't wrap my brain around pretending to play guitar. When it comes to being a sports player or war hero or what have you video games are about as close as most people can get. But anyone can obtain and play a guitar.

Games like Guitar Hero give players instant gratification. They can pick up the controller, play some notes, and instantly feel like an accomplished musician. Think of it like air guitar, only more expensive and made of plastic. When you pick up an electric guitar there isn't that immediate feeling of mastery. Also, for most gamers, buying a Guitar Hero game and controller is cheaper than buying an electric guitar and an amp. With Guitar Hero it is easy to master the game within 10-20 hours, and you can be playing at tournament level. With an electric guitar, well, that takes a lifetime :)

Archived