BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

I keep waiting for the weather to cool down so I can make some soup...I LOVE A GOOD SOUP!...but it's been in the 80s lately, so instead I made a nice salad tonight.

Grilled skinless chicken breast atop some mixed salad greens, dried cranberries, fresh strawberries, feta cheese, sliced almonds, tossed in a raspberry vinaigrette. Big glass of water...like our friend CJW.

post-1470-0-82437700-1352079961_thumb.jp

Mrs CP away so a quick easy no brainer. Some quite tasteless chicken goujon things and some french fries and peas. Had to splash on some sweet chilli dipping on the chicken as it was like eating an egg box wrapped in bird food. Quite horrible. Had to console my culinary disaster with a few glasses of Rioja and a crafty bifta which I toasted the great news from Colorado and Washington

Breakfast: Bacon, mashed potatoes and cheddar cheese omelet(it may sound strange but try it sometime when you have leftover mashed potatoes from the night before), hash browns, biscuits, coffee.

Oh, and a tall glass of water.

post-1470-0-15459000-1352395069_thumb.jp

Breakfast: Bacon, mashed potatoes and cheddar cheese omelet(it may sound strange but try it sometime when you have leftover mashed potatoes from the night before), hash browns, biscuits, coffee.

Oh, and a tall glass of water.

Almost a Tortilla, like the Spanish do?? Have you borrowed Charles' tall glass??

Almost a Tortilla, like the Spanish do?? Have you borrowed Charles' tall glass??

No, not like the Spanish Tortilla or the Italian Frittata. This was an American or French-style omelette, where the eggs are folded over the filling. The mashed potatoes, cheese and bacon are all tucked inside, with a few leftover bacon crumbles for the top.

And the tall glass was my own. ;)

It's Friday...time for French Toast!!!

post-1470-0-19401700-1352489180_thumb.jp

Here was the full menu for this morning.

It started out with my bowl of fruit of a small glass of blueberry & strawberry juice

post-4074-0-80743900-1352555043_thumb.jp

From there I made the Mrs the flax sead cinnamon blueberry pankcakes that have fresh orange juice in the batter instead of milk along with organic maple syrup with a honey crisp apple.

post-4074-0-57992200-1352555289_thumb.jp