BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

Last night was a good dinner with some friends at an exceptional local Italian eatery..

Hot Italian bread with butter. Split a medium margherita pizza. For an appetizer it was fresh anchovies with lemon juice, olive oil and roasted red peppers. Followed by my entree of veal scallopine salimbocca. This is thinly sliced veal with sage and prosciutto in a sauce. I've made the sauce before and is basically garlic, olive oil, butter, white wine and lemon juice. The meal was accompanied by mixed veggies (green beans, zucchini and carrots and garlic mashed potatoes. The food is so good here and can't go wrong with anything here. Go here quite a bit. The menu is quite extensive. Forgot to mention the few glasses of Dolcetto d'Alba that I had as well. There was also a tall glass of water involved too!

Dinner tonight will be thin spaghetti with marinara sauce. Will definitely throw on some fresh grated parmesan cheese and drizzle some EVOO when ready. Also red leaf lettuce with EVOO and red Balsamic vinegar. A few snacks beforehand with VonTrapp Uma Vermont cheese (semi-soft) and Tartufo Italian Cheese. The latter is a hard cheese with black truffles. Similar to an asiago without the truffles. Also some table water crackers as well.

Went to a goods friends house in the country for dinner ( well a bit less country from me) and he did a simple roast chuck with steamed veggies and a creamy mushroom sauce. I had a few average size glasses of Rioja and a couple of joints whilst we discussed music and the great thing that is vinyl

^^^

Did your Talk Talk "Laughing Stock" vinyl arrive yet?

Last night was a good dinner with some friends at an exceptional local Italian eatery..

Hot Italian bread with butter. Split a medium margherita pizza. For an appetizer it was fresh anchovies with lemon juice, olive oil and roasted red peppers. Followed by my entree of veal scallopine salimbocca. This is thinly sliced veal with sage and prosciutto in a sauce. I've made the sauce before and is basically garlic, olive oil, butter, white wine and lemon juice. The meal was accompanied by mixed veggies (green beans, zucchini and carrots and garlic mashed potatoes. The food is so good here and can't go wrong with anything here. Go here quite a bit. The menu is quite extensive. Forgot to mention the few glasses of Dolcetto d'Alba that I had as well. There was also a tall glass of water involved too!

Oh my, now that's a meal...my taste buds are salivating. :drool:

I'm being lazy tonight. Tuna fish sandwich and Campbell's tomato soup. Hot orange pekoe tea with honey and lemon.

Edited by Strider

Had an excellent lunch at a cracking course today. Round and lunch, which I had Hot beef on a soft white roll, salad and fries and a pot of tea for 20 of my finest English pounds. Bargain. A bit wet underfoot but still 41 points or 2 under the card was a great score on a course I had not played before :thumbsup: